Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 05:21 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Brett, thank you for the follow up. But as I understand the Porsche system V200 status is meaningless. What matters is a confirmation number. The order you posted lacks the necessary information for an order based on an allocation.

Be that as it may, I think its great you participate and provide us with information from inside a dealership. That's more than most dealers are willing to do.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:37 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

v200 means that car is allocated to the customer
Old 03-22-2017, 05:40 PM
orthodx2000
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by electron mike
I'm hoping to slide into an earlier spot since I want PDK and the line is out the door for manuals which start production later. This time it's LWB or bust though since I'm tired of flying around on track in 18 ways. Hopefully LWB aren't limited like they were when my name was called to order my GT4!
UUUUUUUH, they do make aftermarket seats and Harnesses. LOL
You do remember if we had waited for LWB allocations we would still be waiting and I bought my after market seat, harness bar and harness for less than than the price of one Porsche LWB seat.
Please remind me I said that if I get an allocation and I start thinking about ordering LWB's.
Also you can take the 5700 they want for the seats and use the cash as bolsters to keep you from moving around in the 2 way seats (4 ways in the GT3)
Old 03-22-2017, 05:42 PM
timwu12
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orthodx2000
You do remember if we had waited for LWB allocations we would still be waiting and I bought my after market seat, harness bar and harness for less than than the price of one Porsche LWB seat.
Please remind me I said that if I get an allocation and I start thinking about ordering LWB's.
Also you can take the 5700 they want for the seats and use the cash as bolsters to keep you from moving around in the 2 way seats (4 ways in the GT3)
how do you get rid of the airbag light with aftermarket seats?
Old 03-22-2017, 05:53 PM
orthodx2000
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by timwu12
how do you get rid of the airbag light with aftermarket seats?
My mechanic went into the computer and reset it. I am not sure how he did it but it is not on.
I will also tell you though because the female portion of the seat belt is attached to the 2 way seat, I have to use the harness whenever the aftermarket seat is in the car. Typically though unless I am on track I use the shoulder harness portion and not the lap belt portion. It is a little more comfortable that way. I have 40k miles in the car, prob 15-20k with the seat in.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:57 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drdonger
v200 means that car is allocated to the customer
I may be confusing V200 with V70.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:08 PM
hlvg
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

From another thread:
V070 is just a demand for an allocation from a dealer. You are not guaranteed a car and have only requested that you want one.

V200 means Porsche has given your dealer an allocation and fulfilled your request. It stays there if they accept the items you have chosen in your build. If an item, like LWB's etc, gets turned down you will drop to a v170 status and your dealer needs to make changes. You go up from v200 when car goes to body shop etc.

V100- your order entered into the system. Could still be rejected if you select any of the seemingly random currently unavailable options.

V200- order accepted; delivery date (estimate) determined.

V250- vehicle fixed. No more goofing with the configurator and making your SA nuts like I did by changing your build options. Although I understand if you beg for a change after this date you may get it but generally with a delay in delivery.

V260- your car enters assembly

V270- your car exits assembly

V300- your car is considered completed by the factory and now your wait really starts if you are not on the European Continent.

V331- after sitting around at the factory your pride and joy has now arrived at the Port of Edem

V332- after waiting what seems like forever in Edem, your car is hopefully very carefully loaded on a ship bound for the U.S.

U006- after a long trip, stopping on the East Coast first to unload cars for those lucky folks who live there, your car makes it to the Port of San Diego.

U007- after sitting again for a week or two, clearing customs and going through any more required prep/transit repairs, your car leaves San Diego bound for your dealer.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:41 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by hlvg
From another thread:
V070 is just a demand for an allocation from a dealer. You are not guaranteed a car and have only requested that you want one.

V200 means Porsche has given your dealer an allocation and fulfilled your request. It stays there if they accept the items you have chosen in your build. If an item, like LWB's etc, gets turned down you will drop to a v170 status and your dealer needs to make changes. You go up from v200 when car goes to body shop etc.

V100- your order entered into the system. Could still be rejected if you select any of the seemingly random currently unavailable options.

V200- order accepted; delivery date (estimate) determined.

V250- vehicle fixed. No more goofing with the configurator and making your SA nuts like I did by changing your build options. Although I understand if you beg for a change after this date you may get it but generally with a delay in delivery.

V260- your car enters assembly

V270- your car exits assembly

V300- your car is considered completed by the factory and now your wait really starts if you are not on the European Continent.

V331- after sitting around at the factory your pride and joy has now arrived at the Port of Edem

V332- after waiting what seems like forever in Edem, your car is hopefully very carefully loaded on a ship bound for the U.S.

U006- after a long trip, stopping on the East Coast first to unload cars for those lucky folks who live there, your car makes it to the Port of San Diego.

U007- after sitting again for a week or two, clearing customs and going through any more required prep/transit repairs, your car leaves San Diego bound for your dealer.

This^^^^^ although you missed V215 ,V220, V240. V070 means nothing except we have entered your order in my internal system....V200 means I have an actual allocation to build you a car. That is what I posted as PROOF of what I asserted pages back....dealers are getting cars already and we should be getting our gift basket soon as well. I am asking clients to send in build codes so I can get them entered in the V070 system. Hopefully my posting is of benefit to you guys....not trying to blow smoke or spread false information on this board....or get flamed for lying either...
Old 03-22-2017, 06:57 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
This^^^^^ although you missed V215 ,V220, V240. V070 means nothing except we have entered your order in my internal system....V200 means I have an actual allocation to build you a car. That is what I posted as PROOF of what I asserted pages back....dealers are getting cars already and we should be getting our gift basket soon as well. I am asking clients to send in build codes so I can get them entered in the V070 system. Hopefully my posting is of benefit to you guys....not trying to blow smoke or spread false information on this board....or get flamed for lying either...
Brett, please don't take our skepticism personally. When it comes to allocations, we hear and read so many different accounts we begin to question the veracity of the poster.

FWIW, I believe your credibility is solid. Thanks for sharing with us the information you're getting.

BTW, hearing anything on PTS?
Old 03-22-2017, 07:03 PM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

Hey Brett,

So does that mean if you're on the list for Sonnen but have not heard about an order config request, you are out of luck? Or are some SAs there better than others lol?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2017, 07:44 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Norcalgt3
Hey Brett,

So does that mean if you're on the list for Sonnen but have not heard about an order config request, you are out of luck? Or are some SAs there better than others lol?

Thanks
If you are on our list close to the top you should submit an order code to your SA...I have asked my clients to do that who I think will be getting a car sooner than later. You can email me offline your name and build code and I will plug it in for you. As for PTS that is September build slots as is the MT slots.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:01 PM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 249 Posts

This^^^^^Hopefully my posting is of benefit to you guys....not trying to blow smoke or spread false information on this board....or get flamed for lying either...
Your information is helpful and appreciated, please continue to provide details as they become available.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:31 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

I think in my region if you have aftermarket seats they can't be more than a few years old. Maybe 5? Same with the harness. The LWB's are good forever.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:50 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 159 Posts

If you are on our list close to the top you should submit an order code to your SA...I have asked my clients to do that who I think will be getting a car sooner than later.
Thanks Brett for acting as our therapist.

I just got a request from my SA to submit my preliminary build today, so I'm hoping this means I'm fairly high on the list. My dealership hasn't disclosed how many people are on their list, nor have they assigned "spots" in line, but I've been told I should get one.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:31 PM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 628 Likes on 277 Posts

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread