Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 09:39 PM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
^^ If it checks out, finally a good post...
I posted that once I got an email from them about the allocation, so should be fresh. It's also posted on their website. Good luck!
Old 08-29-2017, 09:43 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ace37
The Viper ACR has a lot of aero and as a result the car grips like crazy in corners and the top end acceleration suffers. So the 918 with more power and less aero (=better top end) can outdo it on the ring. And on most racetracks the aero helps a lot more than the top end acceleration deficit hurts and the ACR gets the better the lap time. This doesn't sound like a conspiracy to me - it sounds pretty reasonable.

The GT2RS seems like a great send off for the 991 generation. I would love one if I could afford it. For track use only I'd prefer a factory race car, but I'd probably try to daily a GT2RS and see if / how long I could make it work... But since I'm no whale I'll simply continue to love my current cars instead.
Wing is adjustable

Footsoldier - I hear ya and done but since you were a competitive driver would have expected an answer it certainly didn't bother you when the P1 and 675LT arrived to beat up on McLaren on their forum. You 918 guys sure do stick together must be the 5th one
Old 08-29-2017, 10:40 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Occupy a whole space - post in CGT section and this section to learn about the 2RS I did not bring up the 918 nor it's ring time. Your a smart guy have a lot of knowledge but you sure it's not your reflection that is perceived a "whale" - it's your term not mine perhaps you should think about what brings people here.

Simply asked as you brought up the 918 - was why there was a stack of computers on the passenger seat when it as you state "sold out" due to it's time. Being a car guy which you and I are - why do the 918 owners feel the need to have a special private fb page denying the enthusiasts insight to the 918 no offense you are one of few that do share but that speaks volumes.

Porsche feels the 2RS is a special car - they want to bring attention to the brand and by not flooding the market with the 2RS it's perceived as exclusive.

I would guess there will be 6:40 times at the Ring by Aston Mercedes and others perhaps there will be lighter stronger batteries to install in your 918 - for your sake I hope they do and find better tires otherwise it's not if but when it becomes old tech.
Hmm, I believe I was talking to Tim earlier and not to you, and didn't even mention your name there. Who is picking a fight now? So you think you are the whale I was mentioning? Your words, not mind.

As for your stack of computer conspiracy, that's rich coming from the viper camp

3 years ago the 918 that ran the Ring and set the lap record was a prototype, of course there are still computers monitoring the car. That car aren't even production spec yet. Surprised you didn't copy Mycroft and said something about the one piece roof Being Porsche, would there be any doubt that the the computer will be solidly mounted and not fly around? Weird that you would think otherwise, these are German engineers, not some shade tree mechanics from Michigan.

Come on, admit it, you are just bitter

In case you missed a post earlier about the .2 GT3's Ring time, Porsche bought a 918 to ran as comparison, that's the second time you see on screen at the timing board. Marc Lieb ran back to back to back 6:57 within 2/10th for each lap.

as fro your dealer having 1 GT2RS spot and you not wanting to take that one spot, I am pretty sure that guy who will take that one spot would have no problem taking it. Plus, that dealer WILL have more than 1 GT2RS coming! That excuse sounded really really fishy right now.

Anyway, it's great that the ACR took quite a few track records form the 918, records are made to be broken, and if the ACR can't break records set by a 3 year old car, then how fast can it really be?
Old 08-29-2017, 11:56 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Earlier I looked up "dick measuring contest" on Wikipedia, and it linked me to this thread.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:46 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,179 Likes on 599 Posts

I just want to get a GT2RS
Old 08-30-2017, 04:52 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Catorce
Earlier I looked up "dick measuring contest" on Wikipedia, and it linked me to this thread.
Lol.

What I find incredible is the childishness of all this.

"I cant buy the latest and greatest Porsche - Well F you Porsche I dont want any of your sh*tty cars anymore!" This is just the sort of nonsense I get from my 3 year old.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:39 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by LnC993
Here's a good answer to your question.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post14297086
This is a marketing answer par for AP's No2....

The GT2s up to the 997GT2RS were just about spot on for their market which was customers who wanted a very sharp RWD turbo this is a small market as seen by the sub 1500 unit production runs (of previous GT2s)

The GT2RS was borne from the "lighty" version of the 997GT2 which AP and his gang persuaded management to build, it was numbered so sold quite well although they were easy enough to buy back then as they were a depreciating car.

My view is that this time Porsche did not have the time to do a 991GT2 run and also the 997 cars (GT2 and GT2RS) were so similar that it made sense to just produce one model (which TBH is more a GT2 than an RS in terms of its weight) and to ditch the numbered plaqued niche which in turn meant they could make more. charge more and everyone would be happy.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:48 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

I read somewhere it is proportional to wing size.

I have a small one that's why I just bought a wingless Aston V12 Vantage S wit the dogleg.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:01 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow I'm surprised they have these many surplus. I wonder how many of these are already spoken for. Might be a good pre-Thanksgiving sale.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by trice9
I posted that once I got an email from them about the allocation, so should be fresh. It's also posted on their website. Good luck!

Old 08-30-2017, 08:54 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Yep - still hearing 0 allocations from dealers outside VIP rounds. PCNA is asking me to fly to Atlanta to finalize my GT3 build so maybe I can beg while down there...
Old 08-30-2017, 08:57 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 245 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
^+100!!
Just want one in the family so I can enjoy it.. lol
Old 08-30-2017, 09:06 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
Lol.

What I find incredible is the childishness of all this.

"I cant buy the latest and greatest Porsche - Well F you Porsche I dont want any of your sh*tty cars anymore!" This is just the sort of nonsense I get from my 3 year old.
Missing the entire premise.

It was stated by Porsche and people here who I listened to that the GT2RS would be available plenty to go around.

After making calls to my local dealer because they gave me trouble as I buy cars out of town. The mechanic who worked on my CGT moved to sales so thought give him some business. They have one could get another 1 or 2 and will seek the highest bidder 2-300k over msrp.

If that is how things work then I am out of the GT2RS - the 3RS is a good car but after working my entire life and wanting to reward myself unlike your 3 year old I built a garage to house a few groups of cars.

After learning Porsche's ways which I was not aware of prior it's not worth paying ADM - why that is so hard to comprehend. I am a car guy that decided to build a collection that gets driven if that's nonsense it's nonsense to you not too me. It comes down to anyone who does business they do business with people they like and I choose not to do business with Porsche so I sell the 3RS and send the CGT to my friends dealer who has a long list of VIP's that live in his town or sell the CGT which is not an easy thing to do. 2RS read the thread my thoughts are on par with everyone who wants one and unwilling to pay adm. It's the guys who have or want zero skin in the game that took the cheap shots as did you.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:06 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,867 Likes on 967 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
My view is that this time Porsche did not have the time to do a 991GT2 run and also the 997 cars (GT2 and GT2RS) were so similar that it made sense to just produce one model (which TBH is more a GT2 than an RS in terms of its weight) and to ditch the numbered plaqued niche which in turn meant they could make more. charge more and everyone would be happy.
Think this is pretty spot on.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:23 AM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
I read somewhere it is proportional to wing size.

I have a small one that's why I just bought a wingless Aston V12 Vantage S wit the dogleg.
PM'd you
Old 08-30-2017, 09:24 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

Haha. You stole some of my thunder on a thread I planned to start.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS