991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 07:11 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 369 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
Please do.

What colour and finish do you think that wrap is on the lambo? It looked great?
Looks like a satin pearl white to me. Absolutely gorgeous color, and Lamborghini's lines pull it off really well.

IMHO, the 991 body style doesn't pull off satin colors too well as it is more of a rounded shape, however, I think given the volume of carbon accents and body lines with the GT2 RS, a satin finish may look amazing.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:47 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by Catorce
Wow, someone is leasing a 918? If that's not a poseur, I don't know what is.

Kind of like down here in Laguna Beach where PCH is clogged with rented Ferraris and Lambos.

Oh yeah, back then, nobody wants a 918, PCNA was trying EVERYTHING to move them.

Anyone could have walked into any dealership and buy 2, 5 or even 10 of them.

But the game changed when Porsche released the Ring time. Everyone realized they were flat wrong in assuming the 918 will be a pig simply because of the spec on paper. It isn't and is the fastest car on the planet.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:06 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

@tims16m

Tim, save your energy on typing. There is someone here who didn't get a 918 and is bitter with the VIP program and thus despises the 918 whenever he feels like.

There was some misguided idea about the 918 VIP program, it isn't the problem, the selling dealerships however are. IF someone bought as many Porsches from the same dealer, he/she/it would be one of the best customers of the dealership, a true VIP, with or without buying a 918. Thus, getting limited cars wouldn't be a problem. Hell even the 911R have original buyers that haven't bought a 918, perhaps it was just the fact that that person thinks he is the biggest whale when in fact there are a lot more bigger whales than he think in the same water.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:12 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Oh yeah, back then, nobody wants a 918, PCNA was trying EVERYTHING to move them.

Anyone could have walked into any dealership and buy 2, 5 or even 10 of them.

But the game changed when Porsche released the Ring time. Everyone realized they were flat wrong in assuming the 918 will be a pig simply because of the spec on paper. It isn't and is the fastest car on the planet.
^^^^
EXACTLY!
Old 08-29-2017, 12:34 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

@tims16m

Tim, save your energy on typing. There is someone here who didn't get a 918 and is bitter with the VIP program and thus despises the 918 whenever he feels like.

There was some misguided idea about the 918 VIP program, it isn't the problem, the selling dealerships however are. IF someone bought as many Porsches from the same dealer, he/she/it would be one of the best customers of the dealership, a true VIP, with or without buying a 918. Thus, getting limited cars wouldn't be a problem. Hell even the 911R have original buyers that haven't bought a 918, perhaps it was just the fact that that person thinks he is the biggest whale when in fact there are a lot more bigger whales than he think in the same water.
I will send you e-mails regarding my close friend and college roommate who owns a Porsche dealer regarding the 918 when being offered. Isringhausen also offered a like deal. If you don't like something I said regarding your basalt signed 918 it's because you don't like the truth. Mr 200k for a signature on your special 2M 918. I am sure you will post on your private (so you think) Facebook page and your buddies with 918's will come to support your comments.

Seen your posts for years regarding the 918 that got it's rear whipped all over the US on 13 tracks - be more than happy to race against you mono e mono my Viper against your 918. Here is a fact the Viper has been running many days now and can not get under 7 min but beat the 918 again on 13 tracks across the US - tell me how the 918 somehow prior to the updates got below 7 minutes.

You are great at answering questions that benefit you and or the 918 - when the answer supports the 918 but if or when it does not you attack with childish comments.

Just curious did you order a GT2RS - you should because then your false statement of owning the fastest car might come true.

Whales - really on a Porsche forum ... you are so distorted over a car it makes me wonder why I am even responding but maybe just maybe you can answer a few questions which I doubt even makes it worth it. Feel free to count how many people you insult as you praise the 918 - no offense but it's what you do.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 08-29-2017 at 12:53 AM.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:41 AM
Catorce
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Wow, the fur's flying among the heavyweights now....
Old 08-29-2017, 12:58 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Catorce
Wow, the fur's flying among the heavyweights now....
Trust me - they go run to their fb private 918 club and will all show up one by one - avoiding the reality and or question at hand.

Here is a fact - Whoopsy posted everyone who wants a GT2RS will have one plenty to go around. Silly of me to take those words and share them with a few dealers who Whoopsy then states all US dealers are thieves.

We are all alike - we come here to share experiences and ownership. Some believe anyone outside of this forum gives a crap ... just a bunch of car guys at the end of the day.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:14 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,291 Posts

Whether Whale or sardine, all of us on here are car guys....some are bigger nutters than others. haha Me, I like what I like....if I like it and the garage space and $$$ are there then I buy. I still get a laugh at the clowns who called me a poor whiner who can't afford to buy a 991RS because I lead the charge on here against flippers and stealers (which I will continue to do).

Btw, any non-918 owners who have gotten a GT2RS allocation yet? I'm glad that I have no interest in the car (along with the 991R) because I'd be pretty annoyed (I'm sure some of you guys that want one are). I hope all you guys that want one get one. This whole limited/number production car thing can be pretty annoying.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:23 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

There are less than 250 people left on the 918 VIP program in the US and slightly more than 10 in Canada.

There will be more than 260 GT2RS coming for North America as it is not a limited car. Simply math will tell you each dealer will get more allocations than their 918 customers.

How each dealer allocate their 'extra' GT2RS allocations will be up to them. What do you know, the answer and problem ran a full circle and is back resting on the dealers again.

My guess is, the dealers will cherry pick their best customers or even keep the allocations to themselves, config them and tack on major market adjustments.

PCNA will either turn a blind eye towards this practice or won't even know, as the dealers will provide a 'bogus' customer name to the config, someone from their customer database. Just like the practice of most Ferrari dealers. Ferraris are never suppose to be ordered as a 'stock' car, they are all suppose to be a 'sold' order. If the 'customer' doesn't object their name being used, it could be very lucrative for both parties, the dealer can gain major profit while the customer would have gained status with Ferrari as the factory record will show this customer has bought many many cars. The dealer just have to delay updating the computerized record to reflect the current buyer for a few months that's all.

Mr. Whale, sorry to step on your tail I guess. You are such a big whale that whenever you walk into a room, you occupied the whole space and it's hard to move around without stepping on part of you!
Old 08-29-2017, 09:19 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

There are less than 250 people left on the 918 VIP program in the US and slightly more than 10 in Canada.

There will be more than 260 GT2RS coming for North America as it is not a limited car. Simply math will tell you each dealer will get more allocations than their 918 customers.

How each dealer allocate their 'extra' GT2RS allocations will be up to them. What do you know, the answer and problem ran a full circle and is back resting on the dealers again.

My guess is, the dealers will cherry pick their best customers or even keep the allocations to themselves, config them and tack on major market adjustments.

PCNA will either turn a blind eye towards this practice or won't even know, as the dealers will provide a 'bogus' customer name to the config, someone from their customer database. Just like the practice of most Ferrari dealers. Ferraris are never suppose to be ordered as a 'stock' car, they are all suppose to be a 'sold' order. If the 'customer' doesn't object their name being used, it could be very lucrative for both parties, the dealer can gain major profit while the customer would have gained status with Ferrari as the factory record will show this customer has bought many many cars. The dealer just have to delay updating the computerized record to reflect the current buyer for a few months that's all.

Mr. Whale, sorry to step on your tail I guess. You are such a big whale that whenever you walk into a room, you occupied the whole space and it's hard to move around without stepping on part of you!
Occupy a whole space - post in CGT section and this section to learn about the 2RS I did not bring up the 918 nor it's ring time. Your a smart guy have a lot of knowledge but you sure it's not your reflection that is perceived a "whale" - it's your term not mine perhaps you should think about what brings people here.

Simply asked as you brought up the 918 - was why there was a stack of computers on the passenger seat when it as you state "sold out" due to it's time. Being a car guy which you and I are - why do the 918 owners feel the need to have a special private fb page denying the enthusiasts insight to the 918 no offense you are one of few that do share but that speaks volumes.

Porsche feels the 2RS is a special car - they want to bring attention to the brand and by not flooding the market with the 2RS it's perceived as exclusive.

I would guess there will be 6:40 times at the Ring by Aston Mercedes and others perhaps there will be lighter stronger batteries to install in your 918 - for your sake I hope they do and find better tires otherwise it's not if but when it becomes old tech.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:42 AM
SHAG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm think the ACR vs 918 is great way to settle this. Best two out of three tracks?
Old 08-29-2017, 10:39 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by ****
I'm think the ACR vs 918 is great way to settle this. Best two out of three tracks?
It's been settled - but the Viper has struggled to get below 7 minutes at the ring ... things that make you go hmm ...

Viper holds more track records than any production car in the world.

http://fastestlaps.com/articles/dodg...ks-porsche-918
Old 08-29-2017, 11:21 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree it's been settled. We are all Gear Heads here and because of our "Passion" for cars primarily PORSCHE, things can get heated. Without a doubt the Viper ACR holds thirteen track records. The 918 Spyder is still the King of Nurburgring as a stock car just as it came out of the factory. They are both an icon in their own respective rights. No big deal. Time to move on. Let bygones be bygones.

Now back to the original program, GT2RS which was the primary cause of heated debate.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
It's been settled - but the Viper has struggled to get below 7 minutes at the ring ... things that make you go hmm ...

Viper holds more track records than any production car in the world.

http://fastestlaps.com/articles/dodg...ks-porsche-918
Old 08-29-2017, 11:53 AM
boyko23
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 23 Posts

Viper never backed up its track times, outside of this "marketing tour around 13 US tracks". They are struggling to set a sub 7 min time for almost a month now. Go figure...

918 on the other side smashed almost every track record, where appeared. A true consistent icon, when talking about track times. Even Woking and Maranello learned it in the hard way...
Old 08-29-2017, 12:09 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by boyko23
Viper never backed up its track times, outside of this "marketing tour around 13 US tracks". They are struggling to set a sub 7 min time for almost a month now. Go figure...

918 on the other side smashed almost every track record, where appeared. A true consistent icon, when talking about track times. Even Woking and Maranello learned it in the hard way...
One by one the 918 guys will post assume the typical others will follow.

So tell us vs avoid the question what was the stack of computers during the 918 time doing on the passenger seat which was supported by an entire racing team yet not open like all the Viper record runs again open to Road and Track at the ring.

Let's get this straight - your now saying that 13 or 14 track setting records by guys we all know are not legit ... yet there are 918 test factory cars running not owned titled etc suggest letting it go.

The 918 cheated at the Ring which is why The Viper can't get under 7 minutes who knows this mornign they are trying again funded by guys just like me.

918 got beat at tracks all across the US spending very little money vs factory owned 918's regardless the Performante Hulk smashed them all on an old platform with a V10 or let me guess they cheated too.

I just don't understand why the 918 guys can't explain the stack of computers at a closed Ring run - it's been 3 years but that's ok but to now not accept the Viper not once twice but 13 times.

Lucky for 918 owners batteries are becoming cheaper more powerful and less porky - maybe you can convince Tesla to share.

Randy Prost Winkler Kendall and the SCCA - you want to call that group untrustworthy go ahead and it may fly on RL but in the real world it's game over.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS