Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 01:45 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Liter
This is the most disjointed look I can recall on a Porsche ; to me this car looks best in black , and maybe would look good in a very dark blue ( Meerblau ? ) or a very dark gray . I find it hard to believe all these pics of lighter colored cars are actually production specs - somebody dropped the ball .
Let's be fair. It is far more congruent than the last GT2RS with the all black hood and nothing else. At least the carbon is "woven" throughout the design now.

Just like the last one, dark colors downplay the carbon as you suggest. I love the new car in red but agree yellow and white are a little much. As for the old car, I would only consider black for this reason.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:45 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Color choices provided has become a challenge with the new carbon fiber accents, along with the red interior appointments. Some exterior colors clash too much with the accents and appointments combined.

I hope PORSCHE opens up a bigger window for PTS to alleviate some of the color coordination challenges currently being presented here.

Drive safe.
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 08-18-2017, 02:54 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The yellow with red interior example looks bad. Not aesthetically pleasing at all.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:15 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JonA85

Congratulations to Porsche for introducing the GT2 RS in such a stunningly, vivid color scheme. The red interior adds impressively to the overall smashing appearance of the car.
That yellow color visually conveys a brash presence which suits the cars brash performance capabilities.

Porsche, IMO, does not do itself any PR good by promoting colors which make their cars disappear into the sea of the ordinary, black, grey, white cars which now populate the roads.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:34 PM
thegoat
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tend to agree with fuddman. This is King Kong. As such, it needs to stand out. When I'm carving up my mountain drive to work or fast approaching someone on the track, I need the person in front of me to be alarmed by its sudden loud presence and move out of the way.

Was going to go with GT Silver, but my latest build is Chalk: PJCK1P34
Old 08-18-2017, 04:16 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not driven, but whets the appetite...

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-rev...s-2017-review/
Old 08-18-2017, 04:39 PM
porschedubai
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thegoat
I tend to agree with fuddman. This is King Kong. As such, it needs to stand out. When I'm carving up my mountain drive to work or fast approaching someone on the track, I need the person in front of me to be alarmed by its sudden loud presence and move out of the way.

Was going to go with GT Silver, but my latest build is Chalk: PJCK1P34
Do they offer Chalk on the GT2?
Old 08-18-2017, 04:45 PM
thegoat
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porschedubai
Do they offer Chalk on the GT2?
At least in the US it is a "special color" and freely configurable for additional cost. The "special colors" are GT Silver, Chalk, Lava Orange and Miami Blue.

Standard colors are Black, White, Racing Yellow and Guards Red.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:47 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by JonA85

Wow it looks great
Old 08-18-2017, 05:48 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

The yellow GT2RS looks great...BUT not with red interior...unless you're into Ronald McDoland or 90's Hulk Hogan!
Old 08-18-2017, 06:01 PM
porschedubai
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thegoat
At least in the US it is a "special color" and freely configurable for additional cost. The "special colors" are GT Silver, Chalk, Lava Orange and Miami Blue.

Standard colors are Black, White, Racing Yellow and Guards Red.
Interesting that our market calls it Crayon. Im guessing its what yours calls Chalk
Old 08-18-2017, 06:04 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have seen the yellow GT2rs w/ red interior. I prefer incognito. I'm not into attention or flashy colors,cxx,stitching, $500jeans, shoes, watch needs to match my stitching, etc, but i will tell you, all the nay sayers on yellow and red, from photos. It works. I would not mind it.
This car screams performance and presence regardless of color. Stop hating and enjoy the car.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:26 PM
SNB
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Wonder why they didn't offer the carbon fiber wheels as standard on the GT2 RS, it just seem like an obvious thing to do. Anyone have any insight on why they chose to reveal it with the Turbo S Exclusive instead?
Old 08-18-2017, 10:47 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the order book for the TURBO S "Exclusive Series" and the new Carbon Fiber wheels is not an option for the "Exclusive Series." However in this YouTube video published today by PORSCHE, it has been tested and made. Not sure when the hard bound order book for the GT2RS will become available. Not sure if that carbon fiber wheels will become an option considering the GT2RS will have the exact same lightened wheels used in the 918 Spyder.

According to the YouTube caption it is available as an option for the "Exclusive Series." I will have to verify that with my dealer. More to come.

LINK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RbJ...ature=youtu.be

Just saw another video for this carbon fiber wheel:

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by SNB
Wonder why they didn't offer the carbon fiber wheels as standard on the GT2 RS, it just seem like an obvious thing to do. Anyone have any insight on why they chose to reveal it with the Turbo S Exclusive instead?

Last edited by GT3RS-Fan1; 08-19-2017 at 12:18 AM. Reason: typo correction added another link
Old 08-19-2017, 04:54 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Color choices provided has become a challenge with the new carbon fiber accents, along with the red interior appointments. Some exterior colors clash too much with the accents and appointments combined.

I hope PORSCHE opens up a bigger window for PTS to alleviate some of the color coordination challenges currently being presented here.

Drive safe.
GT3RS-Fan1
Yes, it's a tough choice as a result of all the CF. black will hide all the CF and details.

Originally Posted by CHADW
Let's be fair. It is far more congruent than the last GT2RS with the all black hood and nothing else. At least the carbon is "woven" throughout the design now.

Just like the last one, dark colors downplay the carbon as you suggest. I love the new car in red but agree yellow and white are a little much. As for the old car, I would only consider black for this reason.
The 997 GT2 RS was way worse! Black was the only option.

Originally Posted by Four Liter
This is the most disjointed look I can recall on a Porsche ; to me this car looks best in black , and maybe would look good in a very dark blue ( Meerblau ? ) or a very dark gray . I find it hard to believe all these pics of lighter colored cars are actually production specs - somebody dropped the ball .
I am hoping they offer a dark gunmetal grey in the coming months. I've never liked silver enough to buy a silver car, but black will hide some of the CF.
1) Gunmetal Grey
2) GT Silver
3) Black
4) Red

Was going white till the Panda bit me.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS