Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 09:53 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm more or less resigned to buying the GT cars used at this point, after my local dealer laughed at me on the phone when I tried to place an order for the new .2 with the 6MT. Too many games with allocations and explanations.

They advertise the goddamn car for sale and when you call to buy it, you can't have it. Pisses me off, and this was after a visit to the factory where I was assured 6 ways from sunday that I could have whatever I wanted.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:01 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,292 Posts

Originally Posted by Catorce
I'm more or less resigned to buying the GT cars used at this point, after my local dealer laughed at me on the phone when I tried to place an order for the new .2 with the 6MT. Too many games with allocations and explanations.

They advertise the goddamn car for sale and when you call to buy it, you can't have it. Pisses me off, and this was after a visit to the factory where I was assured 6 ways from sunday that I could have whatever I wanted.
A SoCal dealer, huh? Not surprising...hope you don't give them any kind of business going forward.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:11 AM
Catorce
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
A SoCal dealer, huh? Not surprising...hope you don't give them any kind of business going forward.
Yep, rhymes with FALTERS
Old 08-06-2017, 03:28 AM
GT288
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I guess I'm all in on a 675LT coupe I've been looking at until I see one of you guys get one and change my mind.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:36 AM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Catorce

Seems there are more and more of us that feel this way... I have no tolerance for the level of gaminess that now pervades the entire PCNA dealer network for guys like us who simply want to buy a GT car. It's ridiculous.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:48 PM
tims16m
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by eilig
Yes, the Speciale and TDF were purchased at list. But I should give full disclosure: I've known the owner of the Ferrari dealership for almost 20 years now as a personal friend. So to your point, that's actually why I'm not having to play by their points system. And you are right, it does exist.

In all honesty, I think the Ferrari points system is still more fair than the Porsche "918 VIP" club system. At least with Ferrari, you can "earn" your way up the ladder by buying cars. With Porsche, it's not like I can go back in time and buy a 918. Only time travel would allow you to earn your way into Porsche's special little club.

Good move on dumping the 488, by the way... I was offered one but took a pass after a test drive. I was never able to feel any emotional connection with that car. The sound is blah, the side scoops are God-awful ugly, and the power delivery is strange.
You are extremely fortunate in your connections with a Ferrari dealership and i would say that access to the limited and premium Ferrari models is not likely unless you have longstanding history (i.e. points) and have bought several of the less desired cars. I have several friends who have bought numerous vehicles and even participate in the challenge race series, but even they have not gotten allocations for the TDF and Speciale. I would tell you that most people will not get the type of treatment from a Ferrari dealership that you experienced. I would exploit that connection to its fullest.

Unless you are one of the top clients at the Ferrari dealership, it would have been extremely hard to get a TDF as only a handful came to each dealership. Typically here, its the same five guys who get all the limited and premium cars, then sell for a profit to get the next one. So a question, if you bypassed the other people in" the point system", is that not like the 918 VIP issue but better since you didn't have to pay for a million dollar car! Well played, "Do as I say not as I do".
Old 08-06-2017, 09:21 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,192 Likes on 601 Posts

I see the biggest problem as a disconnect between PAG and the true desirability of the cars via the customers.

As a customer- I want what I want. And I want a GT2RS. I am willing to buy one.

I think a lot of people latch to "Not limited" in terms of serial numbers...but limited production due to parts etc surely. We have to be realistic.

If Porsche went through the real buyers and eliminated duplicates I bet in North America alone they could find 700-1000 REAL GT2RS buyers. People trust the Porsche brand a lot- and if McLaren sold 1000 675LT's (including spiders) worldwide you have to think Porsche could sell 2000-2500 GT2RS??

Problem is the method for communicating demand and then PCNA demand being adjusted internally is not simple, and it is not changing yet.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:42 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tims16m
You are extremely fortunate in your connections with a Ferrari dealership and i would say that access to the limited and premium Ferrari models is not likely unless you have longstanding history (i.e. points) and have bought several of the less desired cars. I have several friends who have bought numerous vehicles and even participate in the challenge race series, but even they have not gotten allocations for the TDF and Speciale. I would tell you that most people will not get the type of treatment from a Ferrari dealership that you experienced. I would exploit that connection to its fullest.

Unless you are one of the top clients at the Ferrari dealership, it would have been extremely hard to get a TDF as only a handful came to each dealership. Typically here, its the same five guys who get all the limited and premium cars, then sell for a profit to get the next one. So a question, if you bypassed the other people in" the point system", is that not like the 918 VIP issue but better since you didn't have to pay for a million dollar car! Well played, "Do as I say not as I do".
Agreed. Saying the Ferrari purchase experience is awesome vs the Porsche purchase experience when you buy your Ferrari's off a friend you have known for 20 years is a little disingenuous.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,867 Likes on 967 Posts

Old 08-07-2017, 05:27 PM
thegoat
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Canards on this one.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:55 PM
JonA85
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

I have some reading ahead of me.
Attached Images  
Old 08-08-2017, 08:33 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,867 Likes on 967 Posts

Lord Vader
Old 08-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Sebastian vittel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nurburgring laptime!!!

Ok guys i have one very good source around the ring who know the laptime of the gt2 rs!!

the video and official advertisment will be at the beginin of september ;-)

1/best laptime (unofficial because TROFEO R tire) 6.47min full lap.

2/official laptime recorded (Lars Kern is the driver) with pilot sport cup 2: 6.53min

They have both lap in video recorded, Porsche just hesitate now, which laptime they will show, for sure if it is the lap with the pirelli tire they will lies because it is not the official tire mounted on the car, michelin is, but anyway Lamborghini lied aswell because the record was with trofeo r instead pzero on the commercial car....
Old 08-08-2017, 09:24 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by tims16m

Ferrari has a point system but they also want new Tifosi blood. Hyper cars are for the ole boys club Speciale was available to everyone now selling around 350 - 400k the higher spec's are msrp IMO a must have car.

F owners are required to sell their F car back to the dealer on limited editions or hot models for msrp to retain status including signing a FROR to the dealer.

2RS - my guess is Porsche introduces more editions based on the 2RS as 918 guys aren't all over this they can drive them for free sell them back to the dealer - that's just odd expect another R scenario.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:28 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

... delete

Last edited by nuvolari612; 08-08-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS