Viper Green: NateOZ
Signal Green: AC SATCO, andrewcgts
Yellow Green/Gelbgrün
Birch Green: RSRRacer, juncinv, 2016RS
Old 06-19-2015, 11:54 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default 'Irish Green', PTS color Y79...a history of this color!

Originally Posted by bronson7
Eduardo, any knowledge on an Irish Green?
This is the only reported PTS 'Irish Green' (present PTS color code Y79) 991 I have ever heard of...and it's not a gt3! It has not been a popular PTS color of late.

'Irish Green' in Porsche color history dates back to the MY1964 & MY1965 356C era. It was color code 6406.

It was fairly popular in that era. You see quite a number of C model coupes (with engines either C or SC in designation) in this color in the era. It looked particularly good with a tan/brown interior of the period!

And it was carried over into the early 911 era where it became known as color code 213. It lasted as a standard offering all the way to MY1973, so it was popular for a very LONG time!

Magnus is quite an articulate guy. We see him often at the various LA Porsche events. Interesting fellow...with interesting cars!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-20-2015, 02:32 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356

Magnus is quite an articulate guy. We see him often at the various LA Porsche events. Interesting fellow...with interesting cars!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
My wife really enjoyed a tiny group discussion with Magnus at a recent Cincinnati Concours (Porsche of the Village) event. She thinks he has a real gift for communication.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:45 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 793 Likes on 367 Posts

This is the only reported PTS 'Irish Green' (present PTS color code Y79) 991 I have ever heard of...and it's not a gt3! It has not been a popular PTS color of late.

'Irish Green' in Porsche color history dates back to the MY1964 & MY1965 356C era. It was color code 6406.

It was fairly popular in that era. You see quite a number of C model coupes (with engines either C or SC in designation) in this color in the era. It looked particularly good with a tan/brown interior of the period!

And it was carried over into the early 911 era where it became known as color code 213. It lasted as a standard offering all the way to MY1973, so it was popular for a very LONG time!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
I'd hate that colour 364 days a year.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:32 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Magnus Opus'...

Originally Posted by W8MM
My wife really enjoyed a tiny group discussion with Magnus at a recent Cincinnati Concours (Porsche of the Village) event. She thinks he has a real gift for communication.
Mike: Your wife is right. Magnus indeed has the 'gift of gab', that is for sure. I don't think it's just his Jamaican dread-style hairdo!

Watch the short film that put him on the wider Porsche World map:

'Urban Outlaw - The Movie'
Directed by Tamir Moscovici

Click on the link below:

https://vimeo.com/44410797

And PAG/PCNA has recently shown an interest in him & has integrated Magnus into some of their activities (which he talks about towards the end of his TED video below):

'Go with Your Gut Feeling' - TED with Magnus Walker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDQrMoksJ4Q#t=49

http://www.superfly-autos.com/ted-ta...-walker-story/

By the way, if you don't know about TED (Technology, Entertainment & Design), I suggest you get acquainted with it. It's a phenomenom that seems to have legs and I find so many of their videos truly fascinating!

"TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world."

https://www.ted.com/about/our-organization

************************************************************************ *********

Originally Posted by Jamie140
I'd hate that colour 364 days a year.
Jamie: I think I beat you. I don't particularly like this color ('Irish Green') for all 365 days of the Gregorian calendar year! It just doesn't do anything for me. But that is just a personal feeling since I know this color has a following among some early Porsche aficionados!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 06-21-2015, 10:00 PM
Maxant13
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
Production month added as they are posted

Basalt Black: aboodchy
Black: race7117 (June), Maxant13 (July)
Slate Grey 6601:
Slate Grey RAL 7015:

Riviera Blue: Jamie140
Mexico Blue:
Voodoo Blue: consolidated
Aquamarine:
Peridot Metallic: hets72

Yellow Green/Gelbgrün
Thank you for adding mine.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:31 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Still no revised production date here, I think today was the original lock date for my order without PTS - anyone with a non-black order have any luck?
Old 06-22-2015, 05:00 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My UV with black wheels would like great next to Birch Green.
Love it!
Old 06-22-2015, 11:39 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

SanDiegoDavid added:

Slate Grey 6601:
Slate Grey RAL 7015:

Mexico Blue:
Voodoo Blue: consolidated, SanDiegoDavid
Aquamarine:

Yellow Green/Gelbgrün

My order is no closer to V200. Per Eduardo's suggestion I verified the color, it at least does show up Z12 Voodoo now.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:48 AM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
SanDiegoDavid added:

Slate Grey 6601:
Slate Grey RAL 7015:

Mexico Blue:
Aquamarine:

Yellow Green/Gelbgrün

My order is no closer to V200. Per Eduardo's suggestion I verified the color, it at least does show up Z12 Voodoo now.
I am doing one of my cars in Gulf Blue (I am secretly trying to get another PTS color approved but that has small chance of happening)
Old 06-23-2015, 02:52 AM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, surprisingly Porsche does offer these three vinyl wraps on the 918. They are applied directly to the carbon fiber (CFRP).
not always. my weissach 918 is actually painted in Grey Black (7A1) with a custom vinyl matte black wrap on top of the paint.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:11 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by anonymous918
I am doing one of my cars in Gulf Blue (I am secretly trying to get another PTS color approved but that has small chance of happening)
Great, can't wait to see Gulf Blue on this car. Do you have a production month? added.

Slate Grey 6601:
Slate Grey RAL 7015:

Gulf Blue: anonymous918
Mexico Blue:
Aquamarine:

Yellow Green/Gelbgrün
Old 06-25-2015, 03:44 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Signal Yellow' 991 gt3 RS...

Someone asked about 'Signal Yellow' on the other thread, so I thought it would be appropriate to duplicate the post here on this PTS reference thread:

Originally Posted by 2006Z06
Firstly (and i fully agree that color is a matter of personal taste!), i would hate to indulge a Mary K Pink preference only to find i can't selll the car (without discount for the color in relation to other colors that are then on the market) in a few years! ....and woud love to have something that would fetch a premium!!
'Mary Kay Pink' is more suitable for a Cadillac than a 991 gt3 RS....

But 'Pink Shoe' might be a possibility for you...although it's not yet approved!

That said, i really like the Signal Yellow (code 114, which i note from Eduardo is the same code from the original in the 70s, albeit a slightly different tone) wtih Signal Green a close second.
I have never seen a new PTS 'Signal Yellow' 991, but I would think it's pretty damn close to my old 1973 'Signal Yellow' since they kept the same vintage color code 114!

McKenna's 991 C4S in PTS 'Signal Yellow':

For more info on the above PTS 'Signal Yellow' C4S, see these two links:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...-colors-7.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8219...this-is-4.html

What do you guys think about sale-ability of a yellow RS in the future?
Extremely good. And at a premium price over a non-PTS 991 gt3 RS with options, mileage & condition in my humble opinion!

There is at least one 'Signal Yellow' MY2015 gt3 in Colorado right now that we know of and you will not be the only one ordering a 'Signal Yellow' 991 gt3 RS would be my guess!

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
I think the economy at the time you want to sell the car will have a much great impact on the price of the car than the color. Only do pts and pay the extra for it because you love the color and it will make you want to keep the car longer. If you think you will want something else in a couple years forget about it. Most people forget that people that buy used cars do so because they expect a discount over buying a new car. The way cars a going up and up in terms of performance you can bet Porsche will be making a car two to three years from now that performs better than the current RS version. Most of the previous versions of gt3's and RS's are high right now because they were manuals. If Porsche comes out with a manual gt3 in a year or two watch the prices of those cars plummet. There's no other reason to buy one.
I have a slightly different perspective on this topic. I think we are pretty close to the end of the 'naturally aspirated' gt3's before these are no longer built by Porsche. And I think that both the .1 991 gt3 and .1 991 gt3 RS will be a collectable car in the near future. As such, I predict that the PTS versions in a desirable color will command a premium over a non PTS edition. Simply because of the rarity factor. I don't believe that a manual 991 gt3 RS, even if built for the .2 version (a big question mark), would impact negatively the value of the PDK Sport 991 gt3's or RS's.

Furthermore, even with the advances in turbo technology (Ferrari 488, for example), the NA engines will remain a more desirable motor for many & heavily influence future demand & collectability for this NA model, regardless how on paper the performance might appear much greater! In fact, Porsche will probably concentrate shortly in a 960/988 FeFi that will become the competitive focus of the company...so we really don't know how much further the 911 gt3 chassis & motors will be developed for competition racing. So that bodes well for future value of all versions of the 991 gt3 models since they may be the last of an era.

So in summary, PTS 'Signal Yellow' (color code 114) is a beautiful color. I am pretty sure you will always find someone that will like this historic/vintage color...and be willing to buy it at a premium for its rarity factor on a gt3 or RS. Same for many other 'popular' & 'desirable' current PTS colors offered by PAG. But not all PTS colors are either 'popular' or 'desirable'...so caveat lector. So it's good you are doing your due diligence on the color. My dos centavos, for what it's worth.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Currently in sunny West Seattle!
Old 06-25-2015, 07:19 PM
1198r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Still no revised production date here, I think today was the original lock date for my order without PTS - anyone with a non-black order have any luck?
Got a text from my dealer saying mine was locked now
Old 06-26-2015, 02:00 AM
GianiCakes
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've ordered Signal yellow for my RS. Expected (requested actually) delivery 1st quarter 2016. I'm hoping the colour will look more like the 1973 car than the 991 but that may just be the photograph.
I prefer the hint of grey shadow in Signal compared to Speed and Racing yellow which are more lemon like in colour.

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS