Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by juncinv
Thank you Eduardo for such a detailed explanation. The Godfather of PTS
+1, great wealth of knowledge, thank you
Old 06-15-2015, 02:48 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default PTS and the fight to have it as an option on the 991 RS...

Originally Posted by bronson7
Eduardo, I love your straight to the point answers.
Originally Posted by consolidated
That was more than I expected, devoured all of it. Thank you!
Thank you Eduardo for such a detailed explanation. The Godfather of PTS
Originally Posted by TONY AIR C2S
+1, great wealth of knowledge, thank you
Thank you, gentlemen.

Godfather of PTS?

Originally Posted by Z356
...The first PTS window that opened in recent times was for the regular 991 & 981 models starting with beginning of MY2016 production in June 2014 (in just recent weeks)...
Originally Posted by NateOZ
I got the ok back in mid April on a MY2016 Targa GTS PTS order (Slate Grey), the earliest slot then was September and I'm not sure how long before that it actually opened. I think PAG kept it pretty quiet to avoid it filling up too quickly. My order went V215 on April 29 and delivery isn't until late October.
Nate, just to clarify, the 'in just recent weeks' referred to the start MY2016 991 production at Zuffenhausen...not when the window of PTS for MY2016 'opened' or we were notify it would 'open'. We have known that PTS was coming back since last November...but not necessarily on the 991 gt3 RS. Let me expand on that:

The first time we got confirmation here on Rennlist that PTS was coming back after the MY2015 moratorium announcement was posted by Rennlister 'bigkraig' on a very interesting thread we had going at the time (see link below). He had just attended the LA Auto Show last November and wrote this post on 11/21/2014:

Post #39
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...-no-yes-3.html

The Barbara in question turned out to be Ms. Boeckenhoff, the new manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' in North America. And if there is someone that would know early on if PTS was coming back & when, this would be the person to know & tell us!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...in-the-us.html

So we have been expecting PTS in the regular 991 models since that time. But we still had our doubts about PTS in the 991 gt3 RS because that model beats to a different drummer at PAG!

Back in 2007 when the .1 997 gt3 RS was announced, PTS was NOT planned as an option on the first year. And only because of customer/dealer blowback did Porsche relented and allowed ONE (and only ONE) PTS color to be offered on the RS. And that color was...'Carrara White'. So this rather common color, a no cost option in any other Porsche, was a very expensive PTS option on the .1 997 RS!

So it was not surprising to me that initially PAG had no real plans to offer PTS on at least the very first year of the 991 gt3 RS. This spring, we were eventually told we would get two regular colors on that model - 'White' and 'GT Silver', plus two 'Special Colors'- 'Lava Orange' and 'Ultraviolet'. And it was only because of this determined pressure by customers, including VIPs in the '918 Spyder Circle' program & others like you here at Rennlist, that PAG finally relented & allowed PTS so early into this phase of 991 gt3 RS program. The first PTS color allowed was 'Black'. And just recently (May 6th), Mike (W8MM) told us of this broader decision by PAG, which was confirmed by others on this forum:

Regardless PAG's announcement, PTS was not foreseen nor planned so soon in production of the 991 RS! We got it because we fought for it. It was the outgrowth of a determined push (a shove really) by Porsche's RS customers, whom have taken to heart the fact that PTS is one of the most effective (& beautiful) ways to truly customize a special vehicle like a gt3 or gt3 RS! So we have sort of won that fight...that struggle! PAG has at least new attitude towards PTS and an understanding that its an important option to offer its increasingly demanding clientele! And we here at Rennlist have been an integral part of that fight which has resulted in change of heart at PAG with regards to this particular option - PTS! So be proud, be very proud, because you have played an important part in this favorable turn of events!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-15-2015, 03:09 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ Very interesting to read how the progression of PTS policy has come about. You're very humble to state that the customers have won over PAG on the issue of PTS availability. Perhaps that is true, given the huge uptick in demand that we've seen recently from this generation of GT3, RS, etc. But it would not be that big of a stretch to say that this sea-change was brought about almost single-handedly though the amazing job one person did to inform and encourage the masses on this very special option--and that person would be you. I'm happy and grateful to be the beneficiary of your efforts. I predict we will look back on this time and see a lasting impression from many unique and highly prized cars as a result of the big changes to PTS that your grassroots revolution has spurred. Thank you Eduardo! Bravo!
Old 06-15-2015, 08:56 AM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

I agree Nizer whatever blue that us looks great!
Old 06-15-2015, 08:57 AM
RINGMEISTER27
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reference Guide to PTS in a MY2016 991 gt3 RS

I own a 964 in Oak Green, it was used often in Canada for the 89.5 and 90 964 and is a beautiful shade. It has a hint of gold when the sun shines. I prefer non metallic colours on PTS orders especially on the any two door Porsche.
Not Oak but pretty cool if you ask me

Name:  k6KgMW7.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  28.2 KB
Old 06-15-2015, 09:19 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I wouldn't say as far as we've won tinline , perhaps a minor skirmish? I have 3 cars (only 1 is an RS) on order right now and every single request for an option through Porsche Exclusive has been met with a no, including simple items like stitching colors. I havent posted about it since so many people have struggled with RS alllcations. But to me Porsche Exclusive is perhaps the worst run Business Unit I've experienced.

The aftermarket shops love it of course.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:11 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 726 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
That's a blue I would order....
Originally Posted by raclaims
Similar to Oslo.
Attached Images   
Old 06-15-2015, 01:35 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,767 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by raclaims
Closest to non-metallic aquamarine blue IMO, which sadly is not approved...
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2015, 02:14 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Improvements needed at 'Porsche Exclusive'...

Originally Posted by RINGMEISTER27
Not Oak but pretty cool if you ask me

Yes, very 'cool'. It's supposedly 'British Racing Green', a current PTS option.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-this-car.html

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I wouldn't say as far as we've won tinline , perhaps a minor skirmish? I have 3 cars (only 1 is an RS) on order right now and every single request for an option through Porsche Exclusive has been met with a no, including simple items like stitching colors. I havent posted about it since so many people have struggled with RS alllcations. But to me Porsche Exclusive is perhaps the worst run Business Unit I've experienced.
Nobody is saying 'Porsche Exclusive' is well managed. I have been tracking it on Rennlist since 2012 & I can honestly say there is no bigger critic of the way 'Porsche Exclusive' has done its 'business' than me! All I am saying now is that some progress is being made. And the biggest evidence of that is that PTS has been allowed this early on the 991 gt3 RS! That is all.

I would suggest to you & anyone else that has had an unproductive experience with 'Porsche Exclusive' post it on a thread somewhere in Rennlist. This one comes to mind if it involves a 991 gt3 RS! It will be a record of that frustration or missed opportunity. From reading about these experiences, we all learn what can & can't be currently done! And hopefully we waste less time asking the same things of 'Porsche Exclusive' time & time again. And instead, we can concentrate our requests on things that might actually be able to be accomplished. In addition, new personnel at PCNA like Ms. Barbara Boeckenhoff will read it & profit from it! So I say to all of you: "Don't hold back. Post your issues with 'Porsche Exclusive'! We and PAG/PCNA need both to hear about them on this forum!

But it is also important than all of us (customers) also learn how PAG does its business & understand some of their constraints. We too need to manage expectations to realistic levels. For example, PAG has limited their current gt models to 'Black' interiors with limited colors deviating stitching. In the gt3, it's default 'Platinum' with an optional 'Red'. PAG is not going anytime soon to allow you to order 'Green' deviating stitching on your PTS 'Signal Green' gt3 interior! Some of it might be that it has contracts for set 'colors' with sub-contractors & vendors, and that is the only color palette it will offer. So we need to be realistic in our requests!

Now that PAG is offering deviating stitching in 'Lava Orange' on the RS and 'Racing Yellow' on the gt4, there is a slight chance that at least those deviating stitching colors may find their way to other GT models. And we remain hopeful that PAG will negotiate, on the regular 991 & 981 models, the possibility of some sort of bright 'Green' and bright 'Blue' deviating stitching to compliment the full assortment of PTS 'Green' & 'Blue' exterior colors currently allowed to be ordered. So expectations need to be managed.

Always keep in mind that we need to be grateful for the customization (albeit restricted) allowed on these limited production models. There is probably a large & influential number of production engineers & financial managers at Porsche saying "Stop offering these damn 'Porsche Exclusive' options...they only complicated & slow production down!" So be mindful of that mindset too! We need to have a balance if we want 'Porsche Exclusive' to succeed & be continued!

Although of possibly no consequences, I have nevertheless asked Barbara Boeckenhoff to help arrange for me a visit with executives at 'Porsche Exclusive' in Zuffenhausen in a few weeks. I will be visiting the factory this coming July 16th & 17th. My last meeting with 'Porsche Exclusive' in Germany was in April of 2011:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...a-991-gt3.html

I always try to be as constructive as I can with 'suggestions' & 'complaints'. But in general, the more we know of customer's frustrations with the 'Porsche Exclusive' program, the more that can be discussed with them as to how to improve it!

Originally Posted by <3mph
^ Very interesting to read how the progression of PTS policy has come about. You're very humble to state that the customers have won over PAG on the issue of PTS availability. Perhaps that is true, given the huge uptick in demand that we've seen recently from this generation of GT3, RS, etc. But it would not be that big of a stretch to say that this sea-change was brought about almost single-handedly though the amazing job one person did to inform and encourage the masses on this very special option--and that person would be you. I'm happy and grateful to be the beneficiary of your efforts. I predict we will look back on this time and see a lasting impression from many unique and highly prized cars as a result of the big changes to PTS that your grassroots revolution has spurred. Thank you Eduardo! Bravo!
Thank you, Daniel, for the kind words. Individually, PAG could care less about any one single customer - me included. But when you have many customers asking & demanding one particular option, the power of confluence 'thinking' becomes a mighty river that finally gets their attention!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-15-2015, 03:47 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Revised Voodoo Blue
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2015, 04:21 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Good for you...

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
PTS, SIGNAL GREEN, OFFICIALLY APPROVED
Welcome to the 'Signal Club'. Meetings every second Thursday of the month right here on Rennlist! We need to combat this other competing 'kill-joy' group that is raising its ugly head in the internet!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-15-2015, 04:34 PM
RedRaider918
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any one have a sample for Diamond Black Metallic or Carbon Black Metallic? Neither of the Dallas dealers have one. Melissa W in Atlanta has not been able to provide one either. The other approved black tones are Black (non-metallic) and Basaltic Black Metallic. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:35 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS MY LUCKY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS TIME, AND FOR THE FIRST TIME, THE PORSCHE GODS WERE ON MY SIDE

PTS, SIGNAL GREEN, OFFICIALLY APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUILD MOVED TO OCTOBER WITH NOV-DEC DELIVERY.

ILL LIVE!!!!!!!

F U C K YEAH!
Merry Christmas.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:14 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That's fantastic acsatco!! Super happy for you!

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS