Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 04:53 AM
GoHardGT3RS
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Well... for us in Germany at least, since no news from dealers so far for a "digital presentation"... D -24 until the press conference in Geneva on March 3 at 11.30 am
Old 02-07-2015, 05:03 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Selvatico
bad times sure as you say but expecially because there is an absurd rule so if you own a powerful car live a P.car you have to spend every year 5/6000 euro or more, just because you own that car..If you then add the cost of good insurance as usual,probably your "fix" costs just to have the car parked in your garage, are at least 50.000 euro in 5 years.You understand how difficult it is for sport's cars, to be sold in this period.And if we speak for example about a new Ferrari...costs are bigger of course (above 70.000 euro of fix costs in 5 years). About the Italian privat presentation..I suppose that something similar will be done in other Countries.So this has not to be intended as the Rs international launch.Ferrari makes the same before official presentation with his Italian potential customers.Just check with your dealers in your respective Countries..
Ma perche non la targhi in Germania o un altro paese con tasse meno onerose?
Old 02-07-2015, 05:23 AM
GoHardGT3RS
Instructor

http://www.salon-auto.ch/media/docum...03.02.2015.pdf
Old 02-07-2015, 06:01 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Engeljizzle
They really need an NDA??! Not like they will be able to enforce it. What are the measurable damages of a photo getting out? The idiot die cast car company already f'ed up anyways.
idiot toy diecast car company f'n up? Minichamps licenses the ability to make those cars. They obviously had signed an agreed upon date to be able to release the diecast cars. Most likely that release was supposed to be either in conjunction with the release of the RS or slightly there after. The stop sale on the GT3 is what put the RS's unveiling back. Maybe if someone at Porsche thought to pick up a phone and explain to Minichamps that they were postponing the GT3RS until a later date, they'd have done the same. It was obviously an oversight. Don't blame the "idiots" at Minichamps, blame the "idiots" at Porsche! Trust me, Minichamps sells A LOT of Porsche diecasts. The last thing they want to do is jeopardize their licensing agreements with Porsche.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:53 AM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another 100% confirmation that the RS will be at the show from a very good source..
Old 02-07-2015, 09:10 AM
Selvatico
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Ma perche non la targhi in Germania o un altro paese con tasse meno onerose?
I think that most of the Italian supercars are actually leased in that way ..as you suggest..
Old 02-07-2015, 02:27 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Just wanted to point out that the new RS launch is getting closer and closer but the GT4 traffic outside the 987 and Cayman forum is getting crazy!

It is all over the place in ever sub forum.
Talk about confusing. lol
Old 02-07-2015, 02:52 PM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
Just wanted to point out that the new RS launch is getting closer and closer but the GT4 traffic outside the 987 and Cayman forum is getting crazy!

It is all over the place in ever sub forum.
Talk about confusing. lol
Probably because it's the car the Cayman guys have wanted forever! It's the first iteration of a GT car for the mid motor guys. Also because way more people will be able to afford one. It's a huge difference in accessibility for people to stretch their budget to get a car that will be near $100K vs. getting a car that's over $200k. For many people, they'll justify stretching themselves thin and perhaps give up their second car and have a one car garage in order to buy the GT4. While the same people could sell both of their current cars, cash in their 401K's and still barely have enough for the downpayment on the 3RS and it would still be a mute point because they wouldn't qualify for the rest of the loan even at 7 years. I think it's great though that the GT4's creating such a buzz, because it definitely will bring people to the Porsche world. One of the problems Porsche has had over recent years is that the younger generations have grown up with Porsche's being out of reach financially (most sportscar oriented guys don't want a watered down Boxster, even though over recent years they've actually gotten quite good and look MUCH better than previous gens). So they've grown up with cars like the WRX and Evo's. Porsche's were looked at as only obtainable by old guys with money. The GT4 is a chance to capture a younger audience. Even though the guy in his 20's and early 30's may not be able to afford the GT4, it'll grab their attention and they'll get a Cayman or Cayman S knowing that the next step in life can be the GT4. I can't wait to see what the Ring times are on the GT4 though!
Old 02-07-2015, 03:42 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Probably because it's the car the Cayman guys have wanted forever! It's the first iteration of a GT car for the mid motor guys. Also because way more people will be able to afford one. It's a huge difference in accessibility for people to stretch their budget to get a car that will be near $100K vs. getting a car that's over $200k. For many people, they'll justify stretching themselves thin and perhaps give up their second car and have a one car garage in order to buy the GT4. While the same people could sell both of their current cars, cash in their 401K's and still barely have enough for the downpayment on the 3RS and it would still be a mute point because they wouldn't qualify for the rest of the loan even at 7 years. I think it's great though that the GT4's creating such a buzz, because it definitely will bring people to the Porsche world. One of the problems Porsche has had over recent years is that the younger generations have grown up with Porsche's being out of reach financially (most sportscar oriented guys don't want a watered down Boxster, even though over recent years they've actually gotten quite good and look MUCH better than previous gens). So they've grown up with cars like the WRX and Evo's. Porsche's were looked at as only obtainable by old guys with money. The GT4 is a chance to capture a younger audience. Even though the guy in his 20's and early 30's may not be able to afford the GT4, it'll grab their attention and they'll get a Cayman or Cayman S knowing that the next step in life can be the GT4. I can't wait to see what the Ring times are on the GT4 though!
Accurate post and well stated IMO. I was that guy that bought a Cayman S, and only a GT3 afterwards because there were no better options in mid-engine with Porsche. The newer, aspirational and younger Cayman audience also aren't as terminally afflicted with the 911, rear-motored, Mezger mythology. Good move by Porsche, tons of excellent options at this price point, glad they decided to play.
Old 02-07-2015, 03:46 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
The GT4 is a chance to capture a younger audience. Even though the guy in his 20's and early 30's may not be able to afford the GT4, it'll grab their attention and they'll get a Cayman or Cayman S knowing that the next step in life can be the GT4. I can't wait to see what the Ring times are on the GT4 though!

I think you are spot on - The GT4 will justify Cayman and Cayman S as totally valid sportscar for a younger audience.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:58 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Thanks guys! I feel a lot younger now than my passport says! I like both 1rs and gt4!
Old 02-07-2015, 06:48 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Thanks guys! I feel a lot younger now than my passport says! I like both 1rs and gt4!
If Porsche could find a way to charge for that they would.

Unfortunately, anything with a wing on it is a mid-life crisis according to my wife. She's not entirely wrong.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:07 AM
GoHardGT3RS
Instructor

D -23... ...
Old 02-08-2015, 10:16 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

If they only build 600 US market GT4s as reported in some postings then the car will not be a new aspirational Porsche outside of the forums.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:34 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
If they only build 600 US market GT4s as reported in some postings then the car will not be a new aspirational Porsche outside of the forums.
Some say 900 world wide:

http://www.pff.de/porsche/board104-p.../index123.html

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread