Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 02:20 AM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Yup. This ^^.

It would be foolish of them to release everything same day, or even back to back. Gotta build hype, wait for it to calm, then build again, and keep it going.
Do you think porsche can release 2 cars at the show?
Old 02-04-2015, 08:29 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by karimgt3
Do you think porsche can release 2 cars at the show?

Absolutely
Old 02-04-2015, 08:51 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selvatico View Post
I confirm (for European market) and I can even confirm that some discount is even possible.To me was offered 7% that is quite a lot for a similar car..
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous918 View Post
so clearly Ferrari goes turbo for the 2016 model year. this is because Euro 6 emissions regulations are kicking in this year.

Can somebody tell me how can GT3RS bypass and ignore those regulations? How can Porsche get the RS certified and approved by the agencies if it violates the Euro 6 emissions regulations? How confident can we be that the GT3RS won’t follow in 488 footsteps? I mean, i am no lawyer, but check this out:

http://europa.eu/legislation_summari.../l28186_en.htm

it clearly says that :

“the Euro 6*standard will come into force on 1*September*2014 for the approval of vehicles, and from 1*January*2015 for the registration and sale of new types of cars;”

so even if GT3RS got approved before September 1st of last year, it will be on sale after January 1st of 2015.

confused...
My 2nd January 2015 registered
991 GT3 is EURO6

and the faster GT3 NA Porsche ever built !

Im confused, especially if 991.2 gt3 is NA???
Old 02-04-2015, 10:26 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Shahano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selvatico View Post
I confirm (for European market) and I can even confirm that some discount is even possible.To me was offered 7% that is quite a lot for a similar car..
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous918 View Post
so clearly Ferrari goes turbo for the 2016 model year. this is because Euro 6 emissions regulations are kicking in this year.

Can somebody tell me how can GT3RS bypass and ignore those regulations? How can Porsche get the RS certified and approved by the agencies if it violates the Euro 6 emissions regulations? How confident can we be that the GT3RS won’t follow in 488 footsteps? I mean, i am no lawyer, but check this out:

http://europa.eu/legislation_summari.../l28186_en.htm

it clearly says that :

“the Euro 6*standard will come into force on 1*September*2014 for the approval of vehicles, and from 1*January*2015 for the registration and sale of new types of cars;”

so even if GT3RS got approved before September 1st of last year, it will be on sale after January 1st of 2015.

confused...
My 2nd January 2015 registered
991 GT3 is EURO6

and the faster GT3 NA Porsche ever built !

Im confused, especially if 991.2 gt3 is NA???

At the end of this movie Andreas P says that they will stay NA for a while.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:09 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Yup though it doesnt make sense with Euro 6.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

From what I read a while ago euro 5 and euro 6 are essentially the same except euro 6 has different diesel emissions.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Hey Guys ,
How does the allocation system work ? I would expect in the week or so after the Geneva show each dealer is told some baseline number of cars they should expect to have slots for - but for what time period ? I didn't want to run around putting multiple deposits down so I just hoped for the best with my local dealer and at the time of my deposit ( Oct) I was #5 on the list . The salesman told me to expect one or two people in front of me to decline a slot once it's offered so maybe I'm up to 3 or 4 perhaps . I guess what isn't clear to me is when I would know one way or the other ? Would it make sense to leave a deposit in place if I'm told there are only going to be two slots available on the chance that others materialize ?
Old 02-04-2015, 03:46 PM
indianam3
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 25 Posts

Now that the speculation window is narrowing, I have a question. I am not sure I have seen this asked yet. First, we now have conformation that the 991 RS will be at Geneva early March. We have all kinds of data that allows all of us to speculate, and probably be reasonably close, too projecting when the first cars will ship, how many examples will be made, etc., etc.

What I do not know is when the dealerships will be told what their allocations will be, i.e., if you are 4th on a dealership that usually gets 5, given the 918 problem, when will the dealerships know how many they have outside of the 918 community? What is everyone's best guess?
Old 02-04-2015, 03:58 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

some say the 918 clients get their own builds.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by indianam3
Now that the speculation window is narrowing, I have a question. I am not sure I have seen this asked yet. First, we now have conformation that the 991 RS will be at Geneva early March. We have all kinds of data that allows all of us to speculate, and probably be reasonably close, too projecting when the first cars will ship, how many examples will be made, etc., etc.

What I do not know is when the dealerships will be told what their allocations will be, i.e., if you are 4th on a dealership that usually gets 5, given the 918 problem, when will the dealerships know how many they have outside of the 918 community? What is everyone's best guess?
My dealeship seem to already know. 3 units instead of the expected 4!
And I am # 2 on the list ...

P
Old 02-04-2015, 05:42 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 124 Likes on 58 Posts

Am I the only one that thinks it utterly stupid that AP says in the GT4 interview that we have listened to our customers and put 5 lugs on the gt4 and then deliver the 1RS with Center**** again?????? The car that you most likely will change wheels on more often than a gt4. Sorry to bring up the gt4 in the RS thread.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:02 PM
kevin1244
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHardGT3RS
... and when does Porsche finally come out with facts, figures and pics about the new GT3 RS like Ferrari did today with the 488 ?!?
The fact that it has taken so long to introduce the RS, means they are working more than just a lighter flywheel, or re-programmed PDK, or light weight stuff in the body panels, or even working on 4.0L or Turbos. Did it cause any delays for Ferrari to go from 458 /Speciale to 488 with Turbos? Not really, everything was introduced per schedule.
Porsche have some real tricks up their sleeves. I really hope the RS comes out in Geneva. I am packed and ready for Geneva; and counting for the day that my guy at Porsche calls me with "come and spec your car!"
Old 02-04-2015, 06:08 PM
markow
Racer

interesting how preuninger talked enthusiastically about mid-engined cars in the EVO interview. he just stopped short of saying that mid-engine is the superior concept over rear-engine. the GT4 does not need RWS since it is mod-engined::))
peter
Old 02-04-2015, 06:45 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Originally Posted by kevin1244
The fact that it has taken so long to introduce the RS, means they are working more than just a lighter flywheel, or re-programmed PDK, or light weight stuff in the body panels, or even working on 4.0L or Turbos. Did it cause any delays for Ferrari to go from 458 /Speciale to 488 with Turbos? Not really, everything was introduced per schedule.
Porsche have some real tricks up their sleeves. I really hope the RS comes out in Geneva. I am packed and ready for Geneva; and counting for the day that my guy at Porsche calls me with "come and spec your car!"
Same here.. I even went to paris!! I'm starting to have doubts it'll come out in geneva.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:07 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Am I the only one that thinks it utterly stupid that AP says in the GT4 interview that we have listened to our customers and put 5 lugs on the gt4 and then deliver the 1RS with Center**** again?????? The car that you most likely will change wheels on more often than a gt4. Sorry to bring up the gt4 in the RS thread.
No, you're not. But reality is new RS will probably fall just below the 918 in most-likely-to-get-bubble-wrapped ranking so it'll only matter to a few.

Originally Posted by kevin1244
I trust design spec was settled well in advance and any delay, to the extent that there is one, is more likely tied to the GT3 engine issue diverting limited resources.

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread