Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 production delays.... again!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Please keep us informed however I dont think we will get accurate info till end of week. I originally thought maybe it was something to do with front lift option but doesnt look like that eiether as Mike has shifted by 1 weeks as have I (I dont believe it yet) and he has lift and I dont so its not that....
Old 10-28-2013, 04:19 PM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even though my dealer has zero information (not just on the delays, sadly), I honestly don't believe that the 'updated' delivery dates that have only shifted a week or so are correct. Nor that it only impacts only cars with some options.

If there is / was something fundamentally wrong with a part (of the production process), which will require a lot of changes and possible rework. The later delivery ones might encounter less delays, since Porsche might use all the time available (including overtime and additional shifts where possible) to catch up.

I moved from a committed delivery in week 35 to one in 41, to 44, then to 47 (again confirmed in writing), when the car was claimed to be in production. When it actually wasn't. Amateurs.

Porsche 991 GT3 - Ferrari 458 Speciale: 0 - 1.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

I'm not particularly optimistic re: the one week delay. I can imagine a scenario where the updated parts (whatever they are) are initially available in limited quantities and allow for minimal delays for a few fortunate owners, but that's pure speculation. All we can do is continue to report what we've been told, as a point of interest if nothing else, and then wait and see what happens.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TomTom77
Even though my dealer has zero information (not just on the delays, sadly), I honestly don't believe that the 'updated' delivery dates that have only shifted a week or so are correct. Nor that it only impacts only cars with some options.

If there is / was something fundamentally wrong with a part (of the production process), which will require a lot of changes and possible rework. The later delivery ones might encounter less delays, since Porsche might use all the time available (including overtime and additional shifts where possible) to catch up.

I moved from a committed delivery in week 35 to one in 41, to 44, then to 47 (again confirmed in writing), when the car was claimed to be in production. When it actually wasn't. Amateurs.

Porsche 991 GT3 - Ferrari 458 Speciale: 0 - 1.
Tom. I think we are all feeling the same. "Week 47" seems to be the new mantra for early order LOL!

Hey, your 458 order has changed form "Jan 2014" to "March 2014"? You already lost 3 months with Fiat too so VW arent the only ones ?
Old 10-29-2013, 01:47 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macca
Hey, your 458 order has changed form "Jan 2014" to "March 2014"? You already lost 3 months with Fiat too so VW arent the only ones ?
Well observed, Macca. Ferrari Dubai will only receive 2 Speciales with production in January: the press car and one with a fixed spec. So, mine will be February production and get here in March. Ferrari, unlike Porsche, uses airfreight, which easily saves a couple of weeks on transport.

So, yes, it's been moved, but since they hadn't given me a confirmed delivery yet (because the allocations weren't known) but only a guestimate, I am not that bothered. Possibly also because I just happy that, contrary to a lot of other countries in the world, I am 'allowed' to buy a 458 Speciale as 'my first Ferrari'... I guess putting a 13% deposit down more than 14 months ago on a car that wasn't 100% confirmed yet did demonstrate that I was serious about it.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:31 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Tom. Gotcha. Just winding you up. Hopefully they deliver on time to a newbie. Moreover hope you have the 991GT3 by then to make a comparison!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:48 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

My salesman was out yesterday but checked my car's status this morning, and it shows no change from when he checked in early October - still projecting a 1/17/14 completion date and a 3/7/14 delivery date. My salesman says most of his cars have been getting here in about four weeks after completion, i.e., three weeks more quickly than the estimated date, so hopefully mine will get here a little earlier as well.

He's going to check again next week, and I'll post any schedule updates.

Last edited by jfr0317; 10-29-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:41 PM
ToyGuyAZ
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a detailed production sheet today. Mine was delayed 6 weeks. No front lift either
Old 10-29-2013, 02:46 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Toy Guy AZ -- Delayed 6 weeks from which date? When was the last update prior to today?
Old 10-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Our new GT3 allocation is on hold until next month as Porsche works through this delay.....
Old 10-29-2013, 04:08 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

@Sonnen -- By "new," you mean folks who have not yet submitted a build?
Old 10-29-2013, 04:18 PM
markow
Racer

Originally Posted by TomTom77
Well observed, Macca. Ferrari Dubai will only receive 2 Speciales with production in January: the press car and one with a fixed spec. So, mine will be February production and get here in March. Ferrari, unlike Porsche, uses airfreight, which easily saves a couple of weeks on transport.

So, yes, it's been moved, but since they hadn't given me a confirmed delivery yet (because the allocations weren't known) but only a guestimate, I am not that bothered. Possibly also because I just happy that, contrary to a lot of other countries in the world, I am 'allowed' to buy a 458 Speciale as 'my first Ferrari'... I guess putting a 13% deposit down more than 14 months ago on a car that wasn't 100% confirmed yet did demonstrate that I was serious about it.
ferrari dubai quoted to me today 8-9 months lead time for an F458 speciale.
really looking forward to the dubai launch on thursday!
peter
Old 10-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
Our new GT3 allocation is on hold until next month as Porsche works through this delay.....
Originally Posted by 0Q991
@Sonnen -- By "new," you mean folks who have not yet submitted a build?
+1 on 0Q991's post....Brett, could you please clarify your info?
Old 10-29-2013, 06:01 PM
ToyGuyAZ
Banned

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Toy Guy AZ -- Delayed 6 weeks from which date? When was the last update prior to today?
From the original delivery date I got when I placed the order. I think they are all delayed for sure and if buyers are being told otherwise their dealers aren't looking closely enough at the build timelines from Porsche. I would say 4-6 week delays will be expected at this point.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I just had update over night from Euro dealer and also PAG contact.

Delay remains officially the same

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Unfortunately, we have to inform you that we are still facing delivery issues at our system supplier for one of our GT3 standard options. Therefore, delays in the production and delivery process of the 991 GT3 are still occurring.
Please notice, that the dates shown in the system are not reliable.
Currently, we are not able to provide new production or delivery dates. Updated information about further procedure and delivery dates will be communicated by the end of October 2013.
For further questions please do not hesitate to contact your responsible market support at PSO1.
We do apologize for any inconvenience caused.
UNQUOTE

Unofficially the PAG employee has confirmed the following-

1). Delays to production to start are expected for 1-1.5 month (not clear if this is from today or from original date - assume original date).

2). As soon as factory production starts delays will come down quickly.

3). Unprecedented relative demand (over anticipated forecast) for RHD cars and now significant delays in order books opening for RHD production!

This is from horses mouth so to speak. Cant say any more. General feeling I got was that we will certainly see no customer deliveries until early Jan 2014. When you factor Xmas and New Year and winter logistics issues in Europe (snow and ice on roads) it is pressed upon me that any production will start only later in Dec and probably take some time to get to Port and destination.

Quick Reply: GT3 production delays.... again!