Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 05:38 PM
vernontwg
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...gt3-touring-5/ Sold for $216k, $221k after buyers. I felt like it could've done better on BAT. PCAR never gets enough activity IMO. I know this because that's how I got a great deal on my touring 🤣
Old 01-24-2024, 08:00 PM
markk222
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by vernontwg
https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...gt3-touring-5/ Sold for $216k, $221k after buyers. I felt like it could've done better on BAT. PCAR never gets enough activity IMO. I know this because that's how I got a great deal on my touring 🤣
I bet on BaT it would have fetched closer to 230-240. The seats were either love or hate imo. Any way you look, it was a pretty decent deal considering the market for tourings.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:34 PM
GTZee
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I am on hunt for for a .2 Weissach. The best deals I have found so far is 10k mile with all key options(CCB, LWB, and FAL) for 235-240. I am in So Cal and prefer a local car is anyone is selling or has any leads.
Old 01-25-2024, 05:03 PM
WestBank
Track Day

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Thoughts on this driver GT3? I went this past weekend to take a look at it, definitely clean from a visual perspective but the mileage and the E-engine makes me super nervous. The owner is known at the Porsche dealership and he never tracked the car, only utilized it for commuting from Napa to Orinda since he wanted to use the Carpool lane w/ only 2-seats. I want a drivers car, so I don't care too much about the mileage if it was serviced regularly and this one has been.

Worried about the engine and warranty expiring middle of this year. Should I purchase it and take it to the track, w/ 76K on the odometer if the FF's are going to go, they're going to go without much track use I'm thinking. Thoughts?

https://www.porschewalnutcreek.com/i...c2a93es183426/
Old 01-25-2024, 05:22 PM
Uda880
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by WestBank
Thoughts on this driver GT3? I went this past weekend to take a look at it, definitely clean from a visual perspective but the mileage and the E-engine makes me super nervous. The owner is known at the Porsche dealership and he never tracked the car, only utilized it for commuting from Napa to Orinda since he wanted to use the Carpool lane w/ only 2-seats. I want a drivers car, so I don't care too much about the mileage if it was serviced regularly and this one has been.

Worried about the engine and warranty expiring middle of this year. Should I purchase it and take it to the track, w/ 76K on the odometer if the FF's are going to go, they're going to go without much track use I'm thinking. Thoughts?

Better deals elsewhere. You can find clean title 50K G6 examples for not much more. For this example, you're running against a very short clock on a high mileage E engine.
The following users liked this post:
WestBank (01-26-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 05:27 PM
Junkbox
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

2014 with 75k miles on original E motor withOUT buckets? Way too high if you ask me.
WestBank (01-26-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 05:30 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 402 Posts

No way at that price with the original engine and that mileage. Even with a CPO (which I know it's not) don't think that's a deal at ~120k. No questions how awesome owning a GT3 is, but I just don't see enough upside in taking the risk with the warranty expiring.

Maybe the question to pose on RL is - what would you be willing to pay for this car. IMHO, one needs to factor in the cost to repair/replace the engine in the purchase price. It may last another 6-12 months or longer, who knows. But for arguments sake, let's say the engine goes post warranty. What is a 2014 GT3 with 80k miles and a blown engine worth?

The following 2 users liked this post by CubsFan1:
cavlino (01-28-2024), WestBank (01-26-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 06:50 PM
rezin23
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

That is a $75k car, if that!
Old 01-25-2024, 09:58 PM
itrsteve
Burning Brakes

Received 707 Likes on 393 Posts

There's so many better deals out there. I've seen numerous, normal mile, G6'd cars in the 120's-low 130's lately.

Remember, it's winter in many parts of the country and it's cheap to ship a car. I wouldn't pay the bay area premium for convenience.

You have the right idea about wanting a drivers car, the .1 is the car for that but there's way better buys out there.

WestBank (01-26-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 04:05 AM
shehatezme
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Unless they are willing to sell it for $75k. I wouldn’t take the risk. Flood of these 2014 cars with original motors will start popping up now and I think prices will keep coming down until an aftermarket solution for the FF is released. No one wants to foot a $70k engine replacement bill.

Last edited by shehatezme; 01-26-2024 at 04:06 AM.
WestBank (01-26-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 12:08 PM
mnawa
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

I know this is for 991, but perhaps someone here is interested.

2022 GT3, 6485 miles, CPO until 10/2027. $235k.

Carrara White Metallic, PDK, PCCB, LWB, FAL, extended leather, front PPF. Going to the dealer in a few days if it doesn’t sell to someone here.
solidwater (01-26-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 02:48 PM
WestBank
Track Day

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CubsFan1
No way at that price with the original engine and that mileage. Even with a CPO (which I know it's not) don't think that's a deal at ~120k. No questions how awesome owning a GT3 is, but I just don't see enough upside in taking the risk with the warranty expiring.

Maybe the question to pose on RL is - what would you be willing to pay for this car. IMHO, one needs to factor in the cost to repair/replace the engine in the purchase price. It may last another 6-12 months or longer, who knows. But for arguments sake, let's say the engine goes post warranty. What is a 2014 GT3 with 80k miles and a blown engine worth?
I've called and left Christopher a message regarding the feedback I've received from the boards. Lets see if it's CPO, which for the miles I don't think so but it's worth a shot and I've asked if they can offer the max PFS Platinum VSC warranty. My rationale is the mileage is ~75k, so if I did a couple of track days, those FF's should let go fairly soon I'm assuming. The car has a great service record at Porsche, the previous owner is known to the dealership as well.

I understand if it doesn't come with the PFS Platnium or CPO, I'm going throw an absolute low ball offer to him and see if he bites.
Old 01-26-2024, 03:28 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 670 Likes on 402 Posts

Agree, does you no harm to let them know you've reached out to fellow enthusiasts for perspective. Heck, you could take this a step further and see what the trade in amount would be on this car at another dealer. That alone would be very interesting to know and give you a figure to think about. Anyhow, aside from the mileage, the car looks very well maintained. I can see how folks would get excited about that part, coupled with the price being lower than others. I know a lot of the feedback can make it appear as if the 911.1 GT3 isn't a great car. It is an amazing car. Unfortunately, the FF design can be its fatal flaw - so they established the 10-year warranty. Now as these reach their end point it will be interesting to see where it leads. I'm not rooting for anyone to lose money, value, extra stress, etc. Nevertheless, there are moments in time where someone can look back and say, I'm glad I did my homework. That's you right now. The dealer knows exactly the situation here, and there are enough underinformed buyers out there where it might not matter if someone presents a commonsense offer based on reality. It's not offensive just the facts. They can say no to the offer, and everyone moves along.

If they really want 100k+ for this car then back it up with a warranty. Otherwise, if I'm a buyer willing to spend 120k+ tax, etc., I'm moving into a GTS instead that is CPO with a fraction of the mileage. You can track any 911. Why put yourself through the stress. Good luck!!

I've called and left Christopher a message regarding the feedback I've received from the boards. Lets see if it's CPO, which for the miles I don't think so but it's worth a shot and I've asked if they can offer the max PFS Platinum VSC warranty. My rationale is the mileage is ~75k, so if I did a couple of track days, those FF's should let go fairly soon I'm assuming. The car has a great service record at Porsche, the previous owner is known to the dealership as well.

I understand if it doesn't come with the PFS Platnium or CPO, I'm going throw an absolute low ball offer to him and see if he bites.
Old 01-29-2024, 12:25 AM
jmporsche944
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey Friends! I have reluctantly just listed my 991.2 GT3. Chalk on Black, 6 Speed, LWBS, PCCBs, etc... perfect spec if you're looking for a chalk car

The only reason for the sale is I have purchased a TTS which fits my two kiddos. I know I will regret this, but, such is life!

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1392472

Paging @Fang911 in case he wants to buy his car back (I will text you too my friend!).
signal_gelb (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 12:44 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,269 Likes on 2,436 Posts

Originally Posted by jmporsche944
Hey Friends! I have reluctantly just listed my 991.2 GT3. Chalk on Black, 6 Speed, LWBS, PCCBs, etc... perfect spec if you're looking for a chalk car

The only reason for the sale is I have purchased a TTS which fits my two kiddos. I know I will regret this, but, such is life!

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1392472

Paging @Fang911 in case he wants to buy his car back (I will text you too my friend!).
Nice car, and I think the price is fair. I predict that it will sell fast.
jmporsche944 (02-10-2024)

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...