Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 12:16 PM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
When I went in to my dealer the other day after receiving the word that I finally got an allocation for July build / August delivery, I made him pull up his whole dealer allocation calendar and it looks like they have 1-2 each month until fall and then it looked like 3-4 in Nov and Dec so looks like there will be a big push towards the end. Try and get one of those!
Shot you a PM to find out more...
Old 01-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When I went in to my dealer the other day after receiving the word that I finally got an allocation for July build / August delivery, I made him pull up his whole dealer allocation calendar and it looks like they have 1-2 each month until fall and then it looked like 3-4 in Nov and Dec so looks like there will be a big push towards the end. Try and get one of those!
Sent a pm also.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:41 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

The allocation listed for $20k in the classifieds sold in a day.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:57 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Yep, but that didn’t stop several geniuses for mocking the seller for asking too much. 🙄
Old 01-26-2018, 04:23 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

His asking price was definitely the market price.

Is what I don't understand and maybe someone can explain. How does a dealer (non Porsche dealer. AMG in this case) get an allocation at a Porsche dealer (West Coast dealer as he stated in the post) that is customizable? In turn selling that spot for the $20K? Does the said Porsche dealer give the allocation to AMG and then he gives them a cut of the $20K?

Weird.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:43 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt

Is what I don't understand and maybe someone can explain. How does a dealer (non Porsche dealer. AMG in this case) get an allocation at a Porsche dealer (West Coast dealer as he stated in the post) that is customizable? In turn selling that spot for the $20K? Does the said Porsche dealer give the allocation to AMG and then he gives them a cut of the $20K?

Weird.
Good point
On one hand Porsche claims to not like flippers but on the other hand allocations are passed through to the secondary market for serious coin.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:48 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
The question is when did they get those allocations, because some dealers have had late 2018 allocations for a while. If none of them are new allocations, there's nothing for people to chase unless a dealer has just kept them in their pocket.
Bingo... also are those open allocations or spoken for allocations is a big difference. A lot of people posted on the allocations thread about very late 2018 allocations since late last year. Still hoping Porsche makes more for those hunting for one.

Originally Posted by evilfij
He's sold two within the week I think at that price. People likely realizing the well is going to run dry sooner or later..
Old 01-26-2018, 04:51 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Weird.
The brokers have good relationships with certain dealers and buy a lot of cars. That valuable relationship results in certain benefits. Don't get blinded by this subforum and think the GT3 market is its own little independent isolated part of the dealers business.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:04 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Weird.
The brokers have good relationships with certain dealers and buy a lot of cars. That valuable relationship results in certain benefits. Don't get blinded by this subforum and think the GT3 market is its own little independent isolated part of the dealers business.
It also saves face/effort for the dealer. They don't have to feel shady trying to pitch an ADM to their valued clients, to people hitting the showroom floor, or call around and find that buyer who will pay over MSRP versus have a broker deal with it and usher them clients with cash in hand for the "MSRP" deal as an under the table kind of thing... Let the brokers do the work and share the extra extra profits together unfortunately

Porsche of Arlington as one example, they have been reported to be asking north of $40k for their .2 GT3s and you have people here literally bashing the hell out of that dealer (rightfully so apparently) as they back out of MSRP deals for their clients to just sell to the highest bidder. Using a broker removes that element for the dealer

On one hand I paid an ADM for my allocation so I am supporting the very practice I don't like, but on the other hand if the GT3 was literally locked at MSRP I don't know if I would have ever gotten that call/allocation
Old 01-26-2018, 05:13 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This makes sense. These brokers help the dealers sell a bunch of Macans, Cayennes, 718s, non-GT 911s, and in turn, get GTs as a reward. If so, sounds like a familiar model.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:32 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together (much of this is speculation):

1. EU emissions means no GT cars for that region towards end of year --> Direct more cars to EU before emissions cutoff --> less cars for US for a few months with large ramp at end of year
2. PTS stop order until August --> Increase in manufacturing efficiency to build more non PTS cars --> hopefully more allocations coming if efficiency is achieved
3. Ton of demand --> Allocate more resources to GT models is possible --> deliveries moving up --> hopefully more allocations coming

My guess Porsche doesn't know how many more GTs it can produce at this point for the US as a result of the above, but I'd assume there will be more GT3 allocations trickling in at the end of the year.

But wait...if Porsche could open up additional GT builds, would those slots go to the GT3? Or would they go to the 3RS or 2RS? My guess is the RS' since they are likely profitable and have more unsatisfied demand.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:44 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,041 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by mad_max
That is Ralph's number.
Ralph is a good guy.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:45 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,984 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
This makes sense. These brokers help the dealers sell a bunch of Macans, Cayennes, 718s, non-GT 911s, and in turn, get GTs as a reward. If so, sounds like a familiar model.
I'd love to know how the brokers help dealers sell Macans, Cayennes, 718s, and other non GT 911s...
Old 01-26-2018, 09:28 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'd love to know how the brokers help dealers sell Macans, Cayennes, 718s, and other non GT 911s...
No but I'll bet the brokers help dealers sell the very high dollar cars across the line, including bringing buyers to the table on the occasional super high end used Porsche they get into inventory. If a broker helps a dealer sell a 4.0 or a 911R or a CGT at a good price, I'm sure the dealer isn't going to worry to much about giving up a GT3 allocation or two. Relationships. Just like every other business/industry on the planet.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:40 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
and lift kit. Those two items alone will shrink the universe of buyers significantly.
I sat in that car while I was specing mine...I ended up getting 18ways....so so comfy, and grip me just fine. I have 3 other cars with LWB, and while I think they're killer looking, they're just not comfortable for continued use...to each their own.

FYI, that black car is BEAUTIFUL!!

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM