Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 10:15 AM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

I have seriously considered the cup car for track. Can you share some concepts with ongoing expenses with the cup car compared to GT3 or RS Please?[/QUOTE]

DE a CUP and it’s X5
Race a CUP and add a zero.

[/QUOTE]

LOL! Funny, but no joke. It's true. That's why I'm getting "only" a GT3. One of these days, when I can get some of my similarly crazy track rat friends together with me, we will set up a shoe string race group and go for a Cup. Almost went chump racing once.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:11 AM
Howydo
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Dude, don't you have something better to do than constantly **** disturb on Rennlist? Did Momma not hold you as a child?

LMAO !!
Old 02-04-2018, 11:43 AM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts
Default Sapphire Blue Metallic Touring

Braman Porsche Palm Beach, asking $40k over! Added the stripe aftermarket because it’s not on the build sheet. Better with or without the stripe?

Also, they have a Racing Yellow GT3 that’s been there for months. They may also have another Sapphire Blue Touring but with PDK available. Can’t ever see paying $40k over but it’s Palm Beach and perhaps they’ll get it. Can’t imagine they wouldn’t take $20k over for any of these cars.

Contact Tommy Justice 404-805-8101

Old 02-04-2018, 12:04 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
DE a CUP and it’s X5
Race a CUP and add a zero.

You could "soften" a cup with softer springs and R-comp tires (instead of slicks), turning it into a stripped gt3/rs with a full cage and bringing DE costs down to an (equally pushed) gt3/rs or even less due to much lower weight.

Costs go up exponentially with grip, HP, suspension, weight, level of push (race vs DE). Plenty of non-Cup race/track cars available out there with varying levels of grip, HP, suspension, and weight but almost all with the safety of a full cage and (halo) seats and harnesses.

To me, tracking a heavier, less safe $200k street car makes little sense when compared to a $30k-$100k much lighter track/race car with full safety. Plus, a panel change (body-work) due to a hit means almost zero devaluation for a race/track car, and probably a 30-40% hit for a street car. Then there's the track insurance cost for a $200k car. I wouldn't track a 500hp car without a full cage -- probably not even a 400hp one.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:11 PM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Braman Porsche Palm Beach, asking $40k over! Added the stripe aftermarket because it’s not on the build sheet. Better with or without the stripe?

Also, they have a Racing Yellow GT3 that’s been there for months. They may also have another Sapphire Blue Touring but with PDK available. Can’t ever see paying $40k over but it’s Palm Beach and perhaps they’ll get it. Can’t imagine they wouldn’t take $20k over for any of these cars.

Appears to be pictures of two different sapphire GT3? One with and without a exterior porsche strip. And one with and without the red center stripe on the steering wheel. Can you confirm this? Thanks.

Old 02-04-2018, 12:12 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Looks MUCH better with the stripe. A beautiful and very tasteful combo.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:28 PM
Howydo
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Looks MUCH better with the stripe. A beautiful and very tasteful combo.
I don’t care for the branding stripe. I think the car looks much cleaner without it . I do, however, like the color. I think 20k over is the right adm for a well optioned gt3. I wouldn’t pay anymore than that unless maybe a pts. I too paid an adm for mine but looking back I don’t regret it . It was a reasonable adm based on the build imo and I got the car I wanted right away. So much conflicting info out there on the .2 GT3 with regards to its production numbers and future value. In the end it’s best if we all just enjoy our cars and whatever the future is it is. Life is too short guys so enjoy.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:55 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by az audi

Appears to be pictures of two different sapphire GT3? One with and without a exterior porsche strip. And one with and without the red center stripe on the steering wheel. Can you confirm this? Thanks.

Yes, first picture was another Sapphire Blue Touring they have in stock (not sure if that one’s already sold, but doubt it). Here’s the picture of the interior of the one with the side stripes, and a link to the listing.

https://bramanporsche.com/inventory/...tallic+1640867

Old 02-04-2018, 01:07 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

Cup car costs:

Yokohama slicks (IMSA spec) 2500/ set. Last max 2 heat cycles. Then they are 2 seconds slower Per 90 second lap. After 3-4 HC they are almost undriveable due to the brakes.

New engine is supposed to last 100 race hours.

Rebuild is 45,000 or so.
Same with gearbox.

If you want a track car and way less headache and way less risk of destroying tires and crashing- the Cayman Clubsports is a great car for the money and will run forever and has ABS. Running costs are probably 50% of the cup car with more tire choices.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:00 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

They may also have another Sapphire Blue Touring but with PDK available.
Tourings are manual only
Old 02-04-2018, 02:20 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

^^^^Obv thanks, this is what happens when you post without using your brain.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:23 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

^^^^Obv thanks, this is what happens when you post without using your brain.
No worries, and thanks for sharing leads (and imagery!) with the community!
Old 02-04-2018, 07:45 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

So they are going to have THREE!!! GT3s sitting in the showroom asking ADM.

A Dealer is NOT SUPPOSE to have even a single one sitting there as 'stock' car, all GT cars are suppose to be 'sold' customer cars. Each GT car is built to a customer, not a dealer.

Basically this dealer withhold their allocations from customers, entered bogus customer informations on them to get Porsche to build them 3 'stock' cars.

Another example of dealers, not VIPs are the evil entity.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:25 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
So they are going to have THREE!!! GT3s sitting in the showroom asking ADM.

A Dealer is NOT SUPPOSE to have even a single one sitting there as 'stock' car, all GT cars are suppose to be 'sold' customer cars. Each GT car is built to a customer, not a dealer.

Basically this dealer withhold their allocations from customers, entered bogus customer informations on them to get Porsche to build them 3 'stock' cars.

Another example of dealers, not VIPs are the evil entity.
And you are surprised?? I believe more than 70% of Dealers did exactly this. Most are guilty and even the good ones could not help themselves
Old 02-04-2018, 10:34 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

In the US there is nothing prohibiting dealers from ordering GT cars for stock.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM