Old 02-07-2018, 09:38 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,250 Likes on 610 Posts

CW-

You're all the way down a rabbit hole.

It was an RS, in summer of 2015. As I mentioned in my post.

I'll send you back to YouTube to watch some Dave and Ava videos -

Google "ABC Song"
Old 02-07-2018, 10:02 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
It's ok to be wrong on the internet. You may think you got all the procedures down but that's only in theory. In practice in the real world it doesn't quite work out that way. Especially on cars for the VIP. PCNA basically assume every VIP will take a car, unless the VIP specifically said they don't want a car, which is very rare. This is to lessen David's work load.

David is on my speed dial, he and I actually had been back and forth lately planning Pikes Peak Hill Climb in June. You will be surprised how over worked he is from the 918 VIPs, on top of from PCNA. A missing email here and there? Happens all the time. Sometimes he can catch up but other times it just slips his mind cause he was caught up with something else. Perhaps a phone call from a VIP that last 90 mins, or a conference call from PCNA and everything got put to the back burner.

Don't forget, dealers have direct access to the ordering system, so whenever a new car is released, PCNA would assume the VIPs already knew and when they see a configuration being entered into the system under the VIP's name, the assumption is that the VIP had accepted the allocation offer. Unless they hear back from the VIP refusing the allocation. On their end, nothing is wrong, it's business as usual.

This PTS car we are talking about is not the only 911R being 'stolen' by a dealer. In fact there are actually 2 more confirmed cases. One is a internet personality, another a 'anonymous' billionaire.

Oh, the bold out part in your post? It's also wrong. David kicked out 5 guys because they were doing just that. Why do I know that? Cause I run the 918 Owners Group and I need to know the status of each member. I liaison with David on behalf of the group routinely and also PAG.

Sorry buddy, it is also raining pianos here for you too.

HI CJ,

Please read this part of Whoopsy's post:

"This PTS car we are talking about is not the only 911R being 'stolen' by a dealer. In fact there are actually 2 more confirmed cases. One is a internet personality, another a 'anonymous' billionaire."

One of YOU is lying. It's impossible for me to respond to your stupid claims if the BOTH of you can't keep your stories straight.

If it's a GT3RS, just remove the "backdrop" portion of my post. Then exchange 911R with GT3RS. Everything else is the same.

Last edited by ChicagoWhale; 02-07-2018 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:07 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Whoopsy and CJ stop, you will not win and he will just take you both down the hole with him. You guys know the facts, you guys are both well regarded here and in “real life”. Look at all his posts, he is never wrong, knows everything and adds ZERO value to this forum.. An old boss used to always quote this from Mark Twain.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:15 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

goin2drt -

I just proved that their stories don't match, and yet you still post that garbage?

Some people will believe the same thing on Wednesday, as they did on Monday, no matter what happens on Tuesday.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:38 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

CJ - I have real, legit concerns about many of your statements disparaging Porsche dealers on this forum over the past year. In this specific instance, you claim that “slimy” Porsche dealers and their GM’s currently play tricks on 918 VIP clients to take their allocations (without them knowing) and flip them to places like CNC. You made it appear that it was a current, ongoing problem.

Here is your quote to that effect:

"VIP emails are sent to the VIP from David Donohue and to the Dealer GM. If the VIP does not respond, the dealer can try and work slimy ways to get it anyway. It's hard but dealers have done weirder stuff."

That statement is patently FALSE. As a Porsche dealer, it is totally irresponsible of you to say that.

You have a lot of clients here who enjoy buying cars from you and openly praise your business model. There is no need to continually disparage PCNA, and the Porsche dealer body in an effort to ingratiate yourself into this community.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:21 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
CJ - I have real, legit concerns about many of your statements disparaging Porsche dealers on this forum over the past year. .
And therein lies your entire reason for your being on Rennlist. You're upset people call out bad dealers and you have a serious axe to grind. Fine, but your approach to the debate is so off the wall arrogant that it really does a disservice to the forum. And you claim that everything you say is fact, without any more verifiable support for anything you say than anyone else.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:53 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 141 Posts

Could it be possible that a VIP’s info was used on a regular allocation, or are those also managed by PCNA? I don’t care who CJ or Whoopsy are (or anyone here), but ChicagoWale’s VIP allocation process sounds legit. If it didn’t work that way, I’m sure Whoopsy (a VIP) could chime in and dispute it. People shouldn’t be so quick to jump on bandwagons. At least try to be objective about the debate process. On the other hand, there’s a handful of new people here now (within the last 3-4 years) who have the maturity level of a 7 year old. Insults and name calling helps no one here. Save that stuff for private messaging. It’s like they never developed interpersonal or communication skills...
Old 02-07-2018, 12:07 PM
wmond
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
And therein lies your entire reason for your being on Rennlist. You're upset people call out bad dealers and you have a serious axe to grind. Fine, but your approach to the debate is so off the wall arrogant that it really does a disservice to the forum. And you claim that everything you say is fact, without any more verifiable support for anything you say than anyone else.
+1 for correct use of "your" and "you're"
Old 02-07-2018, 12:15 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I think a lot (not all dealers) charge over MSRP. The dealers that does not charge ADM to their customers are the customers who buy yearly, and in many occasions buys in multiple models from the same dealer, thus establishing a "relationship". If you are a new fan of Porsche, it is almost inevitable you will pay ADM as part of your "rights to initiation" if I may put it that way.

There's not many dealers that I know of that would sell at MSRP unless you put deposit really, really early. And as CJ have stated if you waffle around, that list will be twenty people deep as all others are doing the same thing in order to get a GT car at MSRP.

This is evidence our "Special" GT are very desirable which upholds the value of our car, not to mention how dependable (track wise) these Porsche GT cars are. I agree that the "relationship" should be mutual both by the customer and dealer. If your dealer gave you a hard to get GT car at MSRP, it is just right that should you change your mind, the car has to be offered back to the dealer where the car was bought from. At any rate good luck to all who are looking to acquire a Porsche GT car. Needless to say the demand for Porsche cars have been unprecedented.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

[QUOTE=NateOZ;14783663]I know of a few cases of it in the NE where PCNA has given their blessing. None of the deals were above MSRP, but no hold period, no kicking out of the VIP program etc.

Sadly, no longer the case in the tri state. Getting in early on a list just means you get a call to see if you're interested at an ADM.

Being in the market for 4 cars this year, I've never seen Porsche inventories as high as they are now in the area. I don't think it's a coincidence that it happens at the same time dealers remove the incentive to be regular customers.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-07-2018, 12:44 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 548 Likes on 258 Posts

Wow, it's remarkable how much more pleasant this thread is, with Whale on ignore. I picture such an emotionally small person with such a massive anger issue.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:00 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

CJ is talking about a PTS GT3RS in California, I was talking about a 911R in California. It is a white one, not a PTS. That's the detail Mr Whale is holding onto as argument. For NDA/gentleman's promise purposes I cannot mention names.

There is a 3rd car that got 'stolen' by a dealer somewhere in the USA. That one has a even more strict NDA. One can guess what it is and what colour and from whom and to who. There will be no confirmation from anyone for anything.

Mr. Whale, you can goat as much as you want, but a promise is a promise, be it a signed NDA one or verbal, and I had been keeping every one before and intend to keep all future ones, this is what character, integrity is made of.

Let's just say with the VIP status I gained some connections and insights in the the whole process, perhaps not as much as a dealer would know, but if I were not a VIP, and I wanted to 'steal' an allocation, I know enough to make it work. There are quite a few open channels to exploit.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:10 PM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think anyone should be ignored. Whale is giving his perspective. The system surely has been exploited. PCNA and PAG will create a better system with more disclosures. I do have respect for the VIP and dealers although that respect at times is not mutual.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:14 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 548 Likes on 258 Posts

Opinions are fine. But, he's making personal attacks, being deliberately toxic and generally a waste of space. I see no value to a person who acts like that in an adult discussion.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:48 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,250 Likes on 610 Posts

Todd thank you for the reminder.

Plenty of VIPs found a way to LLC their cars, no differently than Ferrari guys had been doing for a while.

I will say this- the VIP program is awesome for the people who got in and want to drive and collect all the cars. It's a huge financial commitment but as we have seen even if you actually wait the 6-12 months to sell your car post-purchase you will probably be ok.

I will go back to posting available cars when I get complete info.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:56 PM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

I will go back to posting available cars when I get complete info.

Awesome!

Can someone who has called a bunch of dealers lately shed some light on what the GT3 "Market" is doing? I feel like there is more inventory both new and used and ADMs are softening a little bit.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM