Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018 | 08:23 AM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Terrence

Agree completely. Let’s see how much a manual 991.2 GT3 sells for in two years. 😀
The sorry thing is that it will most certainly be worth more than you paid for it. I prefer that it does not go up in value and just depreciates slowly. I know it may sound silly on my part but I never want to open my garage door and think that I now need to be careful driving her because it is an appreciating asset. Nice to know it slowly depreciates and holds value but I am not interested in being worth more than i paid
Old 02-03-2018 | 09:35 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

But buying a used MT6 can be risky. With the PDK you can not mis a shift but you can with an MT6 and it comes down to how the prior owners treated it. Buy new and you don't have that concern
Wild extreme case: Used Ferrari 430 MT6 buyer from dealer finds bad synchro on PPI, $40k+ repair by dealer

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
The sorry thing is that it will most certainly be worth more than you paid for it. I prefer that it does not go up in value and just depreciates slowly. I know it may sound silly on my part but I never want to open my garage door and think that I now need to be careful driving her because it is an appreciating asset. Nice to know it slowly depreciates and holds value but I am not interested in being worth more than i paid
Old 02-03-2018 | 10:54 AM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
The GT3 market is heating up and prices are starting to rise. First, PCNA announced that there will NOT be a MY2019 and GT3 production will end 12/2018. Now it appears that the 991.2 GT3 will be the last Naturally Aspirated GT3 (see link below). 3 weeks ago I had several available GT3s in the 10-15k premium range...they are all gone. Now I don't have anything available under 20k premium and the lowest price changeable build I have is 25 over. Unfortunately, I don't see anything in the next 12 months that will reverse the trend. Going forward I think the demand will overwhelm the supply and prices will continue higher.
That all sounds correct from everything I've seen and been told.
Old 02-03-2018 | 02:08 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Well said - I'm in the same boat. I paid this amount of money to enjoy the car, not stress/worry every time I take the car out if I'll be hurting the resale value of the car. If I'm fortunate, planning on a long horizon with this car
Old 02-03-2018 | 07:22 PM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

I think the future is all but guaranteed for this scenario, at least that is what the current GT market is dictating. These cars are street legal race cars and the .2 is not 50k, better than the .1 on the track. Not to mention less than 5% of GT owners actually track their cars, so you have 95% of GT buyers for the coolness factor, speculating, collecting, and last but not least flipping er.. I mean unexpected life changes. These 95%ers are def driving up the demand and thus ADM because they can and its worth it for them. The market is good and money is abundant and I do not blame the dealers for taking advantage of this as its fundamental capitalism, (It does bother me however if a dealer promises a MSRP car and changes their mind due to said demand). So alas while I definitely wanted a .2 I am sort of glad I didn't get one, esp the unicorn PTS I wanted as I would never push the car in a turn like I could a "cheaper" .1 GT3 for fear of a ding, not to mention it had already lost "value" for being on the track in the first place. I've been searching for a neat spec .1 GT3 for a while now but I think those guys are hanging on to them, a stripper with buckets and red brakes with medium miles that I can beat on may be in line with what I want to use it for... The search continues in a different direction.

#endrant
Old 02-03-2018 | 08:01 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Originally Posted by rxtrom
I think the future is all but guaranteed for this scenario, at least that is what the current GT market is dictating. These cars are street legal race cars and the .2 is not 50k, better than the .1 on the track. Not to mention less than 5% of GT owners actually track their cars, so you have 95% of GT buyers for the coolness factor, speculating, collecting, and last but not least flipping er.. I mean unexpected life changes. These 95%ers are def driving up the demand and thus ADM because they can and its worth it for them. The market is good and money is abundant and I do not blame the dealers for taking advantage of this as its fundamental capitalism, (It does bother me however if a dealer promises a MSRP car and changes their mind due to said demand). So alas while I definitely wanted a .2 I am sort of glad I didn't get one, esp the unicorn PTS I wanted as I would never push the car in a turn like I could a "cheaper" .1 GT3 for fear of a ding, not to mention it had already lost "value" for being on the track in the first place. I've been searching for a neat spec .1 GT3 for a while now but I think those guys are hanging on to them, a stripper with buckets and red brakes with medium miles that I can beat on may be in line with what I want to use it for... The search continues in a different direction.

#endrant
I feel your pain. I wanted one but won't pay 20-25+ for one. I can afford it but it's not worth it to me, though it almost was. I would not track it so I will have to "settle" for the next Spyder or GT4 that comes down the pike which I am in line for and actually think I will get. I bought into the line "everyone that wants one will get one.". Though I never read the fine print that said most that want one will have to pay an exorbitant premium to get one.

Last edited by Closertotruth; 02-04-2018 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-03-2018 | 10:21 PM
Instructor

I was in panic-mode when I heard the 991.2 GT3 production was going to stop after MY2018... Then I thought to myself, "Why?" And I couldn't really come up with a reason other than I wanted the hottest hot. Yeah, it will probably be the last NA GT3... but the worlds moves on. The next GT3 won't be a piece of crap, and I'll get mine (second market NA or new... whatever) when the time is right. I've decided to approach my first 911 purchase with Zen and go where the current takes me.

Edit: I have noticed some 2018 GT3s popping up on Autotrader at MSRP, but I'm not sure if this is just a hook and a start to a "bidding" war.
Old 02-04-2018 | 12:48 AM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Perimeter
But buying a used MT6 can be risky. With the PDK you can not mis a shift but you can with an MT6 and it comes down to how the prior owners treated it. Buy new and you don't have that concern
Wild extreme case: Used Ferrari 430 MT6 buyer from dealer finds bad synchro on PPI, $40k+ repair by dealer
One can always buy CPO. No worries then.
Old 02-04-2018 | 07:40 AM
Slip
Racer

[/QUOTE]

Agree, GT cars are street cars, if you really want to track properly buy a cup car. Until then it’s never the real deal. I get the whole drive from home to the track, do some laps and drive home thing (and not have to worry about a trailer etc) but let’s not kid ourselves; these are not race cars (street legal yes, but race car no). I know, I’ve been there. I tracked my GT3 and 3RS and thought they were the best thing ever until I got a taste of the cup car and some open wheelers. The closest my 2RS will come to the track will be when it parks up in the garage while I track the cup. Other than that it’s a nice road car for an occasional hills blast.
Old 02-04-2018 | 09:05 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

But if you can't bone up for a Cup car considering a new RS and def a 2RS will take down a Cup car from 5-6 years ago thats pretty damn good!!
Old 02-04-2018 | 09:20 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Porsche does race these cars with CS package, completely stock.
its very competitive, I went to one race at Hockenheim and it was closer racing than the CUP race yesterday at Sebring. Some struggled to beat RS laptimes...

Porsche makes the best track cars and the RS is the top of the line.
i just want whatever is next with warranty.

When they stick the RS driveline in a CUP, I will dust off my trailer.

Old 02-04-2018 | 09:20 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 1809
I was in panic-mode when I heard the 991.2 GT3 production was going to stop after MY2018... Then I thought to myself, "Why?" And I couldn't really come up with a reason other than I wanted the hottest hot. Yeah, it will probably be the last NA GT3... but the worlds moves on. The next GT3 won't be a piece of crap, and I'll get mine (second market NA or new... whatever) when the time is right. I've decided to approach my first 911 purchase with Zen and go where the current takes me.

Edit: I have noticed some 2018 GT3s popping up on Autotrader at MSRP, but I'm not sure if this is just a hook and a start to a "bidding" war.
autotrader is only picking up cars are going to a dealer and has been sold thus the MSRP listing. All manufactures will show that listing on sales sites because they pick up what’s in route to the dealer, and all cars will show MSRP. If you look at the dealer site for the same car it will not show a live picture vs it will be cartoonish.
Old 02-04-2018 | 09:33 AM
dntlvet
Pro

Default CUP compared to GT3

Agree, GT cars are street cars, if you really want to track properly buy a cup car. Until then it’s never the real deal. I get the whole drive from home to the track, do some laps and drive home thing (and not have to worry about a trailer etc) but let’s not kid ourselves; these are not race cars (street legal yes, but race car no). I know, I’ve been there. I tracked my GT3 and 3RS and thought they were the best thing ever until I got a taste of the cup car and some open wheelers. The closest my 2RS will come to the track will be when it parks up in the garage while I track the cup. Other than that it’s a nice road car for an occasional hills blast.
[/QUOTE]

I have seriously considered the cup car for track. Can you share some concepts with ongoing expenses with the cup car compared to GT3 or RS Please?
Old 02-04-2018 | 09:53 AM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Wow, I guess it's ok to call people out for having them cars that don't track them, but don't dare say anything about that! Or you post gets deleted!!
FYI, I never said you shouldn't track your Gt3! You can all you want! You can track your base Boxster or your GTI, too!
But to whine that your not getting a car because others who won't track it are, is absurd!
Delete this post too!???!!!
You'd think a pm with a reason would accompany the lost post!
Old 02-04-2018 | 10:01 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

[/QUOTE]
I have seriously considered the cup car for track. Can you share some concepts with ongoing expenses with the cup car compared to GT3 or RS Please?[/QUOTE]

DE a CUP and it’s X5
Race a CUP and add a zero.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM