Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 11:21 PM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I might be getting two more- One is a manual with a 153 window from a mclaren client... "not fast enough"

This one has a big window. 183.
i might be interested in the manual. Could you get me some details.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:31 AM
Apex-Monkey
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good news everybody...My dealer called me last night and offered a GT3 @msrp with an arrival date this month...I refused the offer since I have an allocation/build for later this year, mainly waiting for a 6-spd manual. I am currently under obligations not to share the dealerships information but have hopes my friends... what Mooty/CJ and the few other gods around here were referring to are happening slowly but surely... there are going to be a lot of cars and everyone who really wants to pick one up will have multiple opportunities too...
Old 01-10-2018, 10:43 AM
smyers528
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

^^^^^^ I hope you're right, I turned down a specable Nov slot for $20k over last night....
Old 01-10-2018, 10:55 AM
rave426
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sold....This deal is gone now.

Got a link on a somewhat base build PDK GT silver car that will be delivered soon. $5k over MSRP. I doubt it will last long. PM or email me at draper426@gmail.com and I can direct you to the vehicle.

Last edited by rave426; 01-11-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:04 AM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by rave426
Got a link on a somewhat base build manual transmission GT silver car that will be delivered soon. $5k over MSRP. I doubt it will last long. PM or email me at draper426@gmail.com and I can direct you to the vehicle.
Looks like a great deal for someone. Should go fast
Old 01-10-2018, 11:17 AM
mp3moose
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I might be getting two more- One is a manual with a 153 window from a mclaren client... "not fast enough"

This one has a big window. 183.
I am also curious about the 153 sticker car. More details?
Old 01-10-2018, 01:11 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,245 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by mp3moose
I am also curious about the 153 sticker car. More details?
Awaiting the car itself before posting it

Car has steel brakes and 18 ways. Black.

It seems like the most popular flip colors are black chalk and white so far
Old 01-10-2018, 03:37 PM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 204 Posts

not that hard to find. WP0AC2A9XJS174264 is the VIN and it's on Porsche Fresno's website, as well as autotrader. Looks like it came from Auto Gallery. I've enjoyed the back and forth on this although I think it's simply supply and demand at this point, and demand seems to be outpacing supply, so given that money is cheap, transactions are closing above MSRP.

I do think that there is a lot of hypocrisy going around though ... private party sales at above MSRP are OK while some dealerships trying to sell new at above MSRP are scum. Other dealerships however, selling new cars as used(with only delivery miles), at above MSRP for whatever reason are somehow "good guys", because they are transaprent. Transparent about what? What exactly is more transparent?

In the same time, there are people here wanting nearly MSRP for their .1GT3 and complaining that values went down the drain when dealerships are offering them anything below sticker on their 3-4 yr old car. This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous, although it has been quite entertaining to read. carry on!
Old 01-10-2018, 03:39 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,649 Likes on 766 Posts

I've personally been offered a few built on the lot, or on the way cars for MSRP to 8K over.
One even was a manual stripper.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:11 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

miami blue stick just came available in Florida. I dont have any details, ask for Haley 321-848-4429. Just passing it along

Last edited by jvmax; 01-11-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:23 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by lawrence1
not that hard to find. WP0AC2A9XJS174264 is the VIN and it's on Porsche Fresno's website, as well as autotrader. Looks like it came from Auto Gallery. I've enjoyed the back and forth on this although I think it's simply supply and demand at this point, and demand seems to be outpacing supply, so given that money is cheap, transactions are closing above MSRP.

I do think that there is a lot of hypocrisy going around though ... private party sales at above MSRP are OK while some dealerships trying to sell new at above MSRP are scum. Other dealerships however, selling new cars as used(with only delivery miles), at above MSRP for whatever reason are somehow "good guys", because they are transaprent. Transparent about what? What exactly is more transparent?

In the same time, there are people here wanting nearly MSRP for their .1GT3 and complaining that values went down the drain when dealerships are offering them anything below sticker on their 3-4 yr old car. This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous, although it has been quite entertaining to read. carry on!

Most level headed post yet here. You can't buy this sort of entertainment
Old 01-10-2018, 05:06 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Mind boggling to hear this many cars are showing up on dealer lots unsold looking for buyers. Assuming they don't sell for big premiums, what an enormous waste of allocations that people could have speccd themselves. I would have paid a sizable premium for the configurable allocation I got, but I've yet to see a single dealer speccd car that I'd be interested in buying even at a discount.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:33 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by lawrence1

Welcome to the Rennlist 991 GT forum!
Old 01-10-2018, 05:40 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Mind boggling to hear this many cars are showing up on dealer lots unsold looking for buyers. Assuming they don't sell for big premiums, what an enormous waste of allocations that people could have speccd themselves. I would have paid a sizable premium for the configurable allocation I got, but I've yet to see a single dealer speccd car that I'd be interested in buying even at a discount.
Yeah, dealers seem to spec cars with strange options and combinations.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:40 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes

The amount of prebuilt cars is laughable. At some point, there must have been some communication among the dealers that this would be a good strategy. I think the fishing for high ADM's didn't turn out as intended, builds were locking, and builds were submitted. Also, probably less painful to try and pass ADM's off with some soap opera story than **** off good customers on lists wanting custom builds.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM