Arlington quoted me +60k ADM!!! Crazy.
Ahhh, the king stealer of the east coast. haha
Old 01-06-2018, 04:11 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Ahhh, the king stealer of the east coast. haha
Really hard to believe. They must know most ADMs are half that or less. They must feel there is someone out there that will pay that or close to it. Guess being known in the community as a thief is worth the extra 30K. Though that doesn't feel like a good business decision to me. When I told him I could get a build slot at another dealer for less than half that he said that I couldn't and if I could I should run not walk to that dealer. Calling a potential customer a liar also doesn't strike me as good business practice either, but that's just me.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:18 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by Closertotruth

Really hard to believe. They must know most ADMs are half that or less. They must feel there is someone out there that will pay that or close to it. Guess being known in the community as a thief is worth the extra 30K. Though that doesn't feel like a good business decision to me. When I told him I could get a build slot at another dealer for less than half that he said that I couldn't and if I could I should run not walk to that dealer. Calling a potential customer a liar also doesn't strike me as good business practice either, but that's just me.
What a bunch of jerk-offs!!!
Old 01-06-2018, 04:22 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Closertotruth

Yeah, they gave me the same line.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:25 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Here's a loaded PDK in one of the all-time great Porsche colors, GT Silver Metallic. (I'm biased b/c this is how mine is coming.)

Car is at Braman in West Palm Beach. Getting nostalgic because I sold BMWs there for a couple years while in college.

They are asking $25k over, but will make a deal. Call Brandon directly for details at 423-762-1062. He seems like a go-getter willing to go to bat for you to get the car sold.

WP0AC2A95JS174916 (Nod to George!)
Attached Images       

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 01-06-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:46 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

^^^ That is a nice spec for someone who wants PDK, what is the MSRP? I am bad at math Like the options except painted sills
Old 01-06-2018, 04:47 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Well, we know who passed on the car because it has his name on the order ....
Old 01-06-2018, 05:34 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Black wheels seem to be out of / or going out of favor right now... But I adore these satin black numbers.

Typically don't photograph well, but not in this picture. Captured exactly how they look in person.
Attached Images  
Old 01-06-2018, 05:41 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Here's a loaded PDK in one of the all-time great Porsche colors, GT Silver Metallic. (I'm biased b/c this is how mine is coming.)

Car is at Braman in West Palm Beach. Getting nostalgic because I sold BMWs there for a couple years while in college.

They are asking $25k over, but will make a deal. Call Brandon directly for details at 423-762-1062. He seems like a go-getter willing to go to bat for you to get the car sold.

WP0AC2A95JS174916 (Nod to George!)

Nice one

VIN # =

Name:  photo836.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  272.0 KB

WP0AC2A95JS174916

By the way, nice job talking to all these dealers. How much time you spend on the phone? Great research.
The following users liked this post:
mdrums (07-19-2023)
Old 01-06-2018, 05:50 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Black wheels seem to be out of / or going out of favor right now... But I adore these satin black numbers.

Typically don't photograph well, but not in this picture. Captured exactly how they look in person.
I went with Satin black wheels, due to the various black bits on the car. I think the silver wheels clash with the black bits over the car.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:01 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Do they have a reputation?
yes, terrible. The gm Sammy is a pos. I think I've said it before and I'll say it again, if he was on fire, I wouldn't **** on him. He'll rip up buyers order at msrp, will pass you in line if you don't agree to an adm even though he first said there was none. The worst of the worst. Work a mile away and bought all my porsches from other dealerships and won't take them there for service either.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:13 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by carz80am

yes, terrible. The gm Sammy is a pos. I think I've said it before and I'll say it again, if he was on fire, I wouldn't **** on him. He'll rip up buyers order at msrp, will pass you in line if you don't agree to an adm even though he first said there was none. The worst of the worst. Work a mile away and bought all my porsches from other dealerships and won't take them there for service either.
Bad actors deserve to be outed by those who know.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:47 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG

By the way, nice job talking to all these dealers. How much time you spend on the phone? Great research.
Must learn from the pros. Your Hot For Sale thread is the best!

I spent an embarrassing amount of time talking to dealers over the past few weeks. Reminds me how much I loved the car business. My dream is a Porsche, BMW and Land Rover family of dealerships—done to perfection. Heck, I’d settle for one someday though. Many times over the years, I’ve wondered how it would’ve all turned out had I stayed in the biz...

My takeaway from hours speaking to dealers on a GT3... MSRP deals are a rare bird. But it’s just like anything... you need to be in the right place, at the right time.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:19 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by carz80am

Glad I dodged that bullet. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:21 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Must learn from the pros. Your Hot For Sale thread is the best!

I spent an embarrassing amount of time talking to dealers over the past few weeks. Reminds me how much I loved the car business. My dream is a Porsche, BMW and Land Rover family of dealerships—done to perfection. Heck, I’d settle for one someday though. Many times over the years, I’ve wondered how it would’ve all turned out had I stayed in the biz...

My takeaway from hours speaking to dealers on a GT3... MSRP deals are a rare bird. But it’s just like anything... you need to be in the right place, at the right time.

I started looking for a new sports car in September. I decided on the AMG GTR. Took three months of phone calls to get an allocation. It was horrible. Every Mercedes salesman/manager I spoke to was a ***** (except for maybe one or two). I've had the GTR on order for a few months now and three days ago I decided to switch to the GT3. I've made a bunch of calls so far and it was a much better experience. All the Porsche folks have been really nice and all around happy people. I probably got super lucky, but I did get an allocation this morning for an acceptable ADM. I would love MSRP. Hell, I'll take a free car if anybody's got one lol. But I think it's a fair price for an allocation I can build and it will arrive at the same time as my GTR would have. So I'm not losing time. Good luck in your search! I found an allocation for 25K over if anybody is interested. That's the second best I've found.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM