Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 10:59 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

For any listings I would suggest posting VIN #'s too. Will help in tracking prices in the future having cars come up with Google searches. Works well in other threads on the forum.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:00 AM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Old 01-06-2018, 11:00 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
They can always ADD but they will never SUBTRACT alloocations. So- they are methodical. They are definitely watching the sell through rates, watching the days on the ground...seeing who has been naughty or nice.
"Days on the ground"

I see this as 2 possible things?

1). Too many days on the ground means the cars are not selling and Porsche decides to make less cars. This would be unfortunate because we all know number of days on the ground is proportional to markup. I would recommend pitchforks and torches marching on adm dealers if this is the case.

2). Porsche is using number of days on the ground as a flag for dealers who are charging markup and Porsche diverts allocations away from those dealers. A great move and a big middle finger to the greedy dealers. I hope this is the case
Old 01-06-2018, 11:15 AM
Homsy94
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just an update since people here are saying they only see through November. I received a December allocation for a January 2019 build today. Guess they are going to continue to build
Old 01-06-2018, 11:29 AM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Homsy94
Just an update since people here are saying they only see through November. I received a December allocation for a January 2019 build today. Guess they are going to continue to build
Are you sure this is an actual allocation with a commission number or a promise of a future allocation if that dealer receives one? I think this is called a "buyers demand" entered into the system. I am doing some research on this myself... I believe the Nov 2018 allocations would be for 2019 model year and those are definitely not available yet since the 2018s are still being made.

Last edited by rxtrom; 01-06-2018 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-06-2018, 11:30 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

Days on ground: Let's say Porsche of Grand Canyon has their GT3 sold to richard el chapo.

That car is delivered. Oh wait el chapo has a few legal issues and now cannot take delivery.
Boom it's 45k adm. now that car sits til Bobby Warbucks snaps it up. But that takes 45 Days.

Porsche sees that! They know that Bend, Oregon or my store sell the car to the dude 38 minutes after it gets PDI'd. Porsche sees that.

Yes while there are FOR SURE builds entered into our system late in the year (2 oct/nov, one nov GT2RS for my store are visible so far) by having ZERO builds showing in July/August/September for any car line my point is they could slam another couple allocations for GT in with Carrera T etc.

This is a much deeper process but GTS or Turbo or even GT3 cars can be awarded to individual stores for performance contests or for good will etc. last year my store won 3-4 separate contests and they allocated us GTS cars as rewards and one GT3.

The hard thing is that your store has to spend a lot of money or discount a lot to grow the GT allocations. Porsche wants us to grow and gives us tools to do so but it's slow for sure. Sure I would love 40 GT cars but that would mean we as a store would have to sell 150 911's a year. We are a ways away from that reality obviously.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:32 AM
Homsy94
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rxtrom
Are you sure this is an actual allocation with a commission number or a promise of a future allocation if that dealer receives one? I think this is called a "buyers demand" entered into the system. I am doing some research on this myself... I believe the Nov 2018 allocations would be for 2019 model year and those are definitely not available yet since the 2018s are still being made.

It was a buyers demand for 3 years now and I was number 5 on the list. It's an official allocation
Old 01-06-2018, 12:10 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Days on ground: Let's say Porsche of Grand Canyon has their GT3 sold to richard el chapo.

That car is delivered. Oh wait el chapo has a few legal issues and now cannot take delivery.
Boom it's 45k adm. now that car sits til Bobby Warbucks snaps it up. But that takes 45 Days.

Porsche sees that! They know that Bend, Oregon or my store sell the car to the dude 38 minutes after it gets PDI'd. Porsche sees that.

Yes while there are FOR SURE builds entered into our system late in the year (2 oct/nov, one nov GT2RS for my store are visible so far) by having ZERO builds showing in July/August/September for any car line my point is they could slam another couple allocations for GT in with Carrera T etc.

This is a much deeper process but GTS or Turbo or even GT3 cars can be awarded to individual stores for performance contests or for good will etc. last year my store won 3-4 separate contests and they allocated us GTS cars as rewards and one GT3.

The hard thing is that your store has to spend a lot of money or discount a lot to grow the GT allocations. Porsche wants us to grow and gives us tools to do so but it's slow for sure. Sure I would love 40 GT cars but that would mean we as a store would have to sell 150 911's a year. We are a ways away from that reality obviously.
Nice. I hope Porsche hammers down on those dealers marking up. All the more reason to just say no to adm. thanks for the info, CJ
Old 01-06-2018, 12:17 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Porsche Arlington has an open configurable allocation. Huge ADM, though. February lock, May delivery.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:56 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Arlington quoted me +60k ADM!!! Crazy.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:08 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by Closertotruth
Arlington quoted me +60k ADM!!! Crazy.
Yup. I told them it was "a bit too high" lol.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:30 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Porsche Arlington has an open configurable allocation. Huge ADM, though. February lock, May delivery.
not surprised...
Old 01-06-2018, 01:40 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Nice. I hope Porsche hammers down on those dealers marking up. All the more reason to just say no to adm. thanks for the info, CJ
For Porsche this is a win-win situation.

With ADM Porsche ends up selling more cars because dealers can discount 911, Macans and Cayenne’s.

Without ADM Porsche ends up selling more cars because dealers came up with a “loyalty program” that allegedly rewards repeat customers with a GT allocation ( often customers that wouldn’t otherwise purchase a Porsche other than the GT lineup)
Old 01-06-2018, 02:16 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM

not surprised...
Do they have a reputation?
Old 01-06-2018, 03:19 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,984 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
"Days on the ground"

I see this as 2 possible things?

1). Too many days on the ground means the cars are not selling and Porsche decides to make less cars. This would be unfortunate because we all know number of days on the ground is proportional to markup. I would recommend pitchforks and torches marching on adm dealers if this is the case.

2). Porsche is using number of days on the ground as a flag for dealers who are charging markup and Porsche diverts allocations away from those dealers. A great move and a big middle finger to the greedy dealers. I hope this is the case
I can help supply the pitchforks and torches if needed, keep me posted.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM