wow! This could hurt me more than you since
I have simple tastes!
". Simple tastes? Why you
seem to be as snooty about your wine as Mooty
is about his bicycles! Frankly, I could bring myself
to take that $200 bottle of wine from you! I already
feel pretty bad that I am going to drink your fine
beer from the last wager you lost...and I'll be there
to do it next Tuesday night at your house!

Let's make the wager an honest American wine from
the beautiful Finger Lakes region of Upstate New York!

It's affordable! And you'll have extra money for the
potential cost of an 'Orange' wrap should you have
to settle for a 'White' .2 991 gt3!

Besides, I will need a bottle of bring to my in-laws
at the next Passover seder!

We will have confirmation alright, trust me! Many
here have raised expectations that just about all
that requested PTS from PCNA will get it! Whether
you think it applies only to those with first allocations
in 2017 is not really the point here. An illusion has
been created that has lead some to post here that
'(Porsche) is trying to make PTS as easy as possible
to build so that we all get our PTS cars
'. Should that
no go as expected, there will be hell to pay!

All I can tell you Andre is that you have made a
number of assumptions in your calculations that
to me seem incorrect. But regardless, we will find
out soon enough how Porsche AG decides the issue
& allocates the PTS slots for the .2 991gt3 in the US!
And trust me when I tell you that I hope & wish that
I will be buying you the Manischewitz!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
You crack me up! Manischewitz! Double BLECH!!

Hey I graduated from California Universities- twice! My math is impeccable!!

Looking forward to seeing you! Send over details. And of course we will have some good Oregon wine!
Old 08-25-2017, 09:04 AM
NJRickD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
One day we will have to find out how the Canadians do it! Congrats again!
Is that normal for Canada to get cars before the US? Or is that a good sign for us south of the border?
Old 08-25-2017, 11:16 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by NJRickD
Is that normal for Canada to get cars before the US? Or is that a good sign for us south of the border?
No clue, they just always seem to get through no matter what the issues are. Last run of GT3's when there was "no PTS for you!" in USA, they seemed to be able to order them. That's why H82BL8's car was doubly rare, it was one of the few 991.1 GT3's in PTS with buckets in North America.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:36 AM
NJRickD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so just a quick piece of info. Literally just hung up with a dealer owner friend of mine (not where my car is ordered) and he received his allocations last week. He does have a few customers ordering PTS but none of those have been locked and scheduled as of yet so he has no PTS orders that have moved out of V180 status.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:59 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NJRickD
so just a quick piece of info. Literally just hung up with a dealer owner friend of mine (not where my car is ordered) and he received his allocations last week. He does have a few customers ordering PTS but none of those have been locked and scheduled as of yet so he has no PTS orders that have moved out of V180 status.

Yes, as of now no orders are processed. But here's the latest from PCNA:

Orders are being processed now, based on date of production for PTS. So earliest months to last month ie, they will start reviewing PTS for orders scheduled in January, then February etc...

There is still little transparency on the PTS approval process in Germany. What is known is that the ZPT process allowed PCNA to present the PTS orders in the best possible way to allow PAG to review them. At V180 it technically means that PAG just needs to order paint, so depending on the production date some will move to V215 others will move to V200 if further out. As far as making changes the person in charge of PTS at PAG wants changes now and told that verbally to PCNA. This way anything impacting the order can be evaluated now rather than later. Regarding whether the PTS orders are oversubscribed, it is still possible, but it is not "expected" to be. But again there is little transparency to the process of approval and they aren't completely clear what the capacity is.

So what to do? Hold tight, we will all know soon. Earliest to latest based on production month so it will dribble out over the next month (I will be last to know dammit!). As far as changes, while verbally the request was made to make changes now, I sensed and confirmed when told that was not in writing so you can't be sure it's the right thing to do. Remember Germans are RULE based, without something in writing they may fall back to something that supersedes this in writing. So the safe thing to do may be to wait, but again they emphasized it shouldn't matter. If you do make changes, the orders will be opened for your dealer to make the change and then with coordination at PCNA it will be resubmitted ASAP back to PAG so that it doesn't 'drop' off their view.

I'm getting information on custom tailoring the buckets, pretty spendy- something like $8300, but if I drop the CCB's it's a wash....
Old 08-25-2017, 03:02 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

3rd hand news so PLEASE don't shoot the messenger.

Just talking to my dealer about latest PTS news. He said that two days ago they were informed by PCNA that PAG have as yet not opened the PTS file/quantities for US orders and hence everyone still V180.

Once PCNA are told of the numbers and approved colors, they decide who is in or out. The significant information they got was that more than half current PTS orders that are in V180 will NOT be approved due to capacity issues.

Those that are rejected, and chose a standard color, will go to the back of the production line and will not jump the line.

That's what I've been told and passed it on to you all. Not sure how accurate the info is but I have a good degree of trust in my dealer.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:19 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
At V180 it technically means that PAG just needs to order paint...

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Old 08-25-2017, 04:27 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku

Just talking to my dealer about latest PTS news. He said that two days ago they were informed by PCNA that PAG have as yet not opened the PTS file/quantities for US orders and hence everyone still V180.

Once PCNA are told of the numbers and approved colors, they decide who is in or out. The significant information they got was that more than half current PTS orders that are in V180 will NOT be approved due to capacity issues.

Those that are rejected, and chose a standard color, will go to the back of the production line and will not jump the line.

That's what I've been told and passed it on to you all. Not sure how accurate the info is but I have a good degree of trust in my dealer.
Have you seen grown men cry over paint? Stick around.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:19 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,297 Posts

My SA informed me that I'm holding in V180 status for the past several days so I'm in limbo like everyone else here (there are 3 PTS requests at the dealer including mine). Here's my build...

Golf Blue (W91)
Manual
Steel Brakes
No CXX
No ED
About $30k in options including PTS
No delivery month is displayed on my order
Dealer is in Texas

I'm sure my chances of getting PTS are a coin flip at best but I'll hope for the best.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:25 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 626 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
My SA informed me that I'm holding in V180 status for the past several days so I'm in limbo like everyone else here (there are 3 PTS requests at the dealer including mine). Here's my build...

Golf Blue (W91)
Manual
Steel Brakes
No CXX
No ED
About $30k in options including PTS
No delivery month is displayed on my order

I'm sure my chances of getting PTS are a coin flip at best but I'll hope for the best.
Do you have an allocation month shown in the system? That's different than the schedule page. It should be on the detail page that shows the V180 status, something like "Allocation: mm.yyyy". That will show if your original build month got changed as a result of your PTS request (similar to others on here who had 2017 allocation months that then got booted to 2018).
Old 08-25-2017, 05:30 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Do you have an allocation month shown in the system? That's different than the schedule page. It should be on the detail page that shows the V180 status, something like "Allocation: mm.yyyy". That will show if your original build month got changed as a result of your PTS request (similar to others on here who had 2017 allocation months that then got booted to 2018).
PM me your email and I'll email you the picture that my SA sent me. It's from the Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System under the Home>Search/Marketplace>Details in the Overview tab.

EDIT....I think I found found it...is it "Alloc"? If so, it says 01.2018 (just shows that one date).
Old 08-26-2017, 12:58 AM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Just to be clear
my car is a Canadian spec car
and confirmed with a screen shot
V215
ROW and USA I'm not sure about V status
Old 08-26-2017, 01:09 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Old 08-26-2017, 01:13 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

What do you mean "approved colors?" Isn't it just the approved list? Also, So PCNA are the ones calling the shots on PTS this year not PAG? IE good customers and big dealers get the spots?

Originally Posted by Haku

Old 08-26-2017, 02:04 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
PM me your email and I'll email you the picture that my SA sent me. It's from the Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System under the Home>Search/Marketplace>Details in the Overview tab.

EDIT....I think I found found it...is it "Alloc"? If so, it says 01.2018 (just shows that one date).
Yes, I'm sorry I gave you bad information earlier on E-mail, that is the production allocation date. But, not sure if it moved at all from your original allocation date??

Originally Posted by H82BL8
Just to be clear
my car is a Canadian spec car
and confirmed with a screen shot
V215
ROW and USA I'm not sure about V status
You are in Canada, you're PTS order is happening. You can ignore the back and forth on all of us in V180 in the USA! Congrats!!

Originally Posted by Z356

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
This is out of context from our conversation and I'm just repeating what they said, but to clarify that was to say that in the past that was already a big hurdle. In our conversation they said that with a standard 911 for example, at V180, it was just a question of when they can get the paint. With ZPT it might be very different.

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Have you seen grown men cry over paint? Stick around.
Consolation prize for playing the PTS game and loosing, you get to order a standard GT3. Have to keep it in perspective!

Originally Posted by evilfij
What do you mean "approved colors?" Isn't it just the approved list? Also, So PCNA are the ones calling the shots on PTS this year not PAG? IE good customers and big dealers get the spots?
This is no less credible a source than my contact at PCNA, the process is still very opaque, and I believe there are only a few people in the know that are working the ZPT process at PCNA, but they don't know exactly how PAG will handle it. I think there was probably an agreement to do certain things like move orders based on some PTS production schedule and other criteria on the order. There are some things we don't understand, like why my order is moved to June with an original Oct allocation, while others with November allocations are in March! But now that PCNA has done their part, the last part, what PAG will do with these orders time only will tell, but it is very soon!

To repeat from my conversation this morning PAG are processing orders now. I expect to hear some change to our orders from those of you on the list in the next few days.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order