Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 11:35 AM
beoliving
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i feel so much better now knowing that germans treat germans equally well (or poorly) as non germans. whew.
shared pain just feel like half the pain
Old 09-04-2017, 05:30 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,596 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya

Rennsport Reunion and this may turn into a PTS registry (although I will be less interested in organizing anything if I don't get approved-LOL!)
+1!
Old 09-04-2017, 05:41 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

TEASER
(wrong colour)

Old 09-05-2017, 01:17 AM
DannieK
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My status went from V180 to V110. I had some changes to make and was told that they couldn't be made at V180, only 110. So the changes were made and I'm supposed to go back up to V180 or higher. I always thought that changes were locked in at a higher V status than 180. Any comments??

And yes, I was told that if you had chosen any exterior parts to be painted in a different color (from the body) would exclude you from PTS. This was done for streamlining. The only option that can remain as an alternate color are the headlight washers. But why the headlight washers?
Old 09-05-2017, 06:49 PM
beoliving
Instructor

Please give us an update when you find out more information including your production date please!

Thank-you!

Likewise, if you get an order in and it goes to V180 please update us with your order information so that we can capture it for the list. So far later allocations that have gone to V180 have not had a rescheduled production date, so we are watching these closely!
Spoke to the sales guy today, my PTS order is in and confirmed by Porsche Deutschland with a updated build sheet showing "Farbe nach Wahl" = PTS, production date March 2018 looks like unchanged. Also after two sleepless nights I switched from Birch to Viper...what a tough call! still not sure if "gelbgrün" might be the better choice
Old 09-05-2017, 06:56 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by beoliving
Spoke to the sales guy today, my PTS order is in and confirmed by Porsche Deutschland with a updated build sheet showing "Farbe nach Wahl" = PTS, production date March 2018 looks like unchanged. Also after two sleepless nights I switched from Birch to Viper...what a tough call! still not sure if "gelbgrün" might be the better choice
I have a Viper Green on order V180. Viper has a tint of blue while Gelbrun has a tint of yellow.
Do u want green with a yellow or blue tint ?
I too struggled with these two Greens
Old 09-05-2017, 07:56 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
I have a Viper Green on order V180. Viper has a tint of blue while Gelbrun has a tint of yellow.
Do u want green with a yellow or blue tint ?
I too struggled with these two Greens
I think they are a lot more different than that! Here is a comparison in some indoor lighting:

Old 09-05-2017, 09:17 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default 'Gelbgrün'...

Also after two sleepless nights I switched
from Birch to Viper...what a tough call!
still not sure if "gelbgrün" might be the better
choice
Originally Posted by 0to60
I have a Viper Green on order V180.
Viper has a tint of blue while Gelbrun
has a tint of yellow..
Originally Posted by Mech33
I think they are a lot more different
than that!
Correct, Mech33!

'Viper' in fact has more yellow tint than
'Signal Green' (code 22S) & 'RS Green'
(code 2D8) but not as much as my old
2007 PTS 'Signal Green' 997, code code
W25!

But 'Gelbgrün' has a bucket-full of yellow...
hence it's name!

Beoliving: I would strongly recommend
'Gelbgrün' for your new Porsche custom
order. It's a stunningly beautiful color &
not one ordered by many via PTS. Of course,
I have had the pleasure of two shades of
'Signal Green' 911's and still own a 'Ravenna
Green' 914 (a color related to 'Lichtgrün')...

So you can perhaps understand my admiration
for something different...like 'Gelbgrün'! My
dos centavos, for what's worth!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Old 09-05-2017, 09:32 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 294 Likes on 158 Posts

I'm sure the different hues are noticeable on the car, but I don't know how anyone picks among the 4 shades of green here

Old 09-05-2017, 09:53 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
I'm sure the different hues are noticeable on the car, but I don't know how anyone picks among the 4 shades of green here

the first time I was selecting a PTS colour in 2014, I did a lot of reading. Thanks to Eduardo's extensive posts on the subject.
My take on it was, that it was easier to pick a pre-approved PTS colour. Then, I selected the colours I was interested from the list.
these happen to be
Viper green 225
signal green 22S (newer)
green 2D8

I had the three sprayed on sample cards. Then I looked at all three in various lights.
night, daylight

Last edited by H82BL8; 09-05-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:56 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts
Default UPDATE

Originally Posted by DannieK
My status went from V180 to V110. I had some changes to make and was told that they couldn't be made at V180, only 110. So the changes were made and I'm supposed to go back up to V180 or higher. I always thought that changes were locked in at a higher V status than 180. Any comments??

And yes, I was told that if you had chosen any exterior parts to be painted in a different color (from the body) would exclude you from PTS. This was done for streamlining. The only option that can remain as an alternate color are the headlight washers. But why the headlight washers?
Yes, it is a different process than other production orders so we are 'on hold' so to speak at V180 by PAG, it must be 'unlocked' for PCNA to make changes, i.e.- moved to V110. Headlight washers are going away as posted earlier by some in the know, so I think there is some confusion here... DannieK I still need your production month. I haven't changed your status because I am sure it went back to V180 as soon as your dealer made the changes.

Congrats on a late PTS order! I assume you are at V180, and your production date remaining unchanged is consistent with other late orders.

I've updated the list, eagle eyed followers will see one order in green at V215. This is a VIP that is remaining confidential. As reported earlier, the list is being approved in sequence of orders- I assumed that to mean earliest orders to latest, but that is not clear. In any case VIP's get priority so those are clearing first. We should start to see some movement for the non-VIP's soon. I expect it at anytime now so keep a look out.

Thanks,

Andre
Old 09-06-2017, 02:02 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Correct, Mech33!

'Viper' in fact has more yellow tint than
'Signal Green' (code 22S) & 'RS Green'
(code 2D8) but not as much as my old
2007 PTS 'Signal Green' 997, code code
W25!

But 'Gelbgrün' has a bucket-full of yellow...
hence it's name!

Beoliving: I would strongly recommend
'Gelbgrün' for your new Porsche custom
order. It's a stunningly beautiful color &
not one ordered by many via PTS. Of course,
I have had the pleasure of two shades of
'Signal Green' 911's and still own a 'Ravenna
Green' 914 (a color related to 'Lichtgrün')...

So you can perhaps understand my admiration
for something different...like 'Gelbgrün'! My
dos centavos, for what's worth!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
I really wanted Gelbgrun but went with Viper for two reasons;

1) the .2 has a lot of black bits and feel the darker green goes better with black wheels and bits.

2) Gelbgrun has more of a "neon" look than Viper due to yellow undertones and brighter color.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:50 PM
beoliving
Instructor

Yes, it is a different process than other production orders so we are 'on hold' so to speak at V180 by PAG, it must be 'unlocked' for PCNA to make changes, i.e.- moved to V110. Headlight washers are going away as posted earlier by some in the know, so I think there is some confusion here... DannieK I still need your production month. I haven't changed your status because I am sure it went back to V180 as soon as your dealer made the changes.

Congrats on a late PTS order! I assume you are at V180, and your production date remaining unchanged is consistent with other late orders.

I've updated the list, eagle eyed followers will see one order in green at V215. This is a VIP that is remaining confidential. As reported earlier, the list is being approved in sequence of orders- I assumed that to mean earliest orders to latest, but that is not clear. In any case VIP's get priority so those are clearing first. We should start to see some movement for the non-VIP's soon. I expect it at anytime now so keep a look out.

Thanks,

Andre
So just back from Stuttgart spending the morning at Exclusive. As their old building was teared down for the new Mission E factory and the new facilities at Werk 1 will be ready to move in Jan, the have no official office to welcome customers for consulting. However, for customers with history with them, they have a meeting area close to the exclusive workshop. Quite cool by the way to be so close to the real cars and work they do with them. Unfortunately the "wall of dreams" with all the color samples does not exist anymore, they still have the samples but bring than in on request. Long story short, Viper or Signal Yellow will be the last in the race.

My order is confirmed (otherwise Exclusive will not host you for a meeting and discuss PTS) and just received the updated build sheet with order number from the factory and some details the dealer can not do.

I have still a little bit of time to change color, but build date will be March 2018 and remain unchanged.

So pretty exciting time but long wait!
Old 09-06-2017, 09:29 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

So just back from Stuttgart spending the morning at Exclusive. As their old building was teared down for the new Mission E factory and the new facilities at Werk 1 will be ready to move in Jan, the have no official office to welcome customers for consulting. However, for customers with history with them, they have a meeting area close to the exclusive workshop. Quite cool by the way to be so close to the real cars and work they do with them. Unfortunately the "wall of dreams" with all the color samples does not exist anymore, they still have the samples but bring than in on request. Long story short, Viper or Signal Yellow will be the last in the race.

My order is confirmed (otherwise Exclusive will not host you for a meeting and discuss PTS) and just received the updated build sheet with order number from the factory and some details the dealer can not do.

I have still a little bit of time to change color, but build date will be March 2018 and remain unchanged.

So if it's no longer Viper, what color did you end up selecting??
Old 09-07-2017, 11:13 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Congrats! Do you have your Vcode by chance?

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order