Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 06:41 PM
TurboDogue
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default +1

Originally Posted by evilfij
Someone should do a study of 991.1 GT3 and see how much of a premium PTS adds to the resale value. My guess looking at the ads is that it is about $13k.

If Porsche is all about getting the flippers out of the game (how many GT3 flippers are there? It is not an RS where there is a clear profit to be made.) then this makes sense. I think (hope) Porsche realizes that it does no one any good (especially Porsche) to have stacks of low miles used GT3 and GT3RS cars for sale and that the cars should be bought and driven by their owners as intended. I think a lot of the dealers know this as the used GT3RS are not selling at all at the $230k plus asking prices. The same ones for sale have been for sale for months and we are creeping up on fall (relevant to the part of the country with seasons). I am willing to bet come spring next year with GT3 delivers in full swing that the GT3RS cars are back to MSRP or under.
Completely agree on the supply side of this. From Game of Thrones...Winter (MSRP) is coming...
Old 08-14-2017, 06:56 PM
TurboDogue
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default update

Originally Posted by montoya
Let's start a thread for those of us who have a confirmed PTS order pending for the new GT3. I would like to collect information that will be of interest to everyone about their order and build a database that we can publish. Information such as:

Color (duh)
CXX options
Delivery location (Europe, PEC Atlanta etc.)
Manual/PDK
Delivery date
Current V code
etc.

My order- V180, Manual, June Production, Euro Del., No CXX, Pastel Orange

But let me know what you want to track in the database. I'll make a shared doc we can all view and post with updates.

Confidentiality: If you want your order to remain confidential, PM me your information and note what you would like to keep confidential and I will not share that information.

Also, here we can share information about the process, where are cars are in production, news about custom ordering process etc.

For sure timing is different in Europe, so news and information about those in the other parts of the world is valid and wanted. I would like to add those confirmed orders to the database as well.

So to kick things off, let's start with where things stand in North America with PTS orders-

About two weeks ago word got out that requests for PTS in North America would need to be entered as a ZPT option. If done properly this resulted in your order status changing to V110. It is unclear if the dates you had for your allocation were important, just that your car was not yet in production and still changeable. This V110 order status meant that PCNA would review the order and if everything met a certain criteria it was slotted into a PTS time slot in 2018 and the V code changed to V180, which is where we all are now. The criteria for selection seems to have been more about feasibility than about customer status, although certainly VIP's are in the front of the line. The feasibility criteria is all about your color selection (must be a pre approved color from the PTS list) and certain options around painted parts like mirrors and interior trim. Cost is still up in the air and we are waiting on final pricing once we move from V180. My source at PCNA made sure that I understood that schedules and pricing are all subject to change once Porsche in Germany reviews our requests.

Which leads us to the next step. Again, my source has told me that all PTS requests world wide are in review in Germany. Currently it is summer break and no word on when that review will be completed, but best guess is September when everyone returns. So of course, where ever you are in the world, if you have a PTS order with a V code higher than 180, please let us know.

Looking forward to good input from everyone!

Thanks!

Andre

CURRENT UPDATE 8/14:

Attachment 1241096
So I am currently still sitting v070, but was moved in July onto the ZBT list by my dealer. Would have had early production PDK allocation if hadn't chosen PTS.

My dealer (Premier) is saying there will be two runs of PTS cars per Germany. VIPs plus a few extras in case of my dealer and then a second run in Spring 18. Don't know if thats fact, but I trust this GM deeply.

Will be my third PTS car. I am told they expect more allocation for PTS shortly and I should move over to V180 at that time. Who knows. My spec is:

Signal Green 22S
No CCX
Local delivery
Manual (but man I go back and forth, so may go PDK as have a 997RS and a GT4)
V070

If PTS fails, will go Manual White w loads of CCX or Miami Blue
Old 08-14-2017, 09:22 PM
AmadeusGT3
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

My dealer called today stating that my November PTS build has been pushed out to April. I'm at V180. Dealer indicated that PCNA factory reps are encouraging buyers to rethink PTS. Dealer statied that the only certainty right now is that PTS requested orders are being pushed out - no certainty that my PTS will be ultimately be approved.

MT
(1) CXX Request
PTS: GTS Red
Old 08-14-2017, 09:24 PM
NJRickD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=AmadeusGT3;14400684]My dealer called today stating that my November PTS build has been pushed out to April. I'm at V180. Dealer indicated that PCNA factory reps are encouraging buyers to rethink PTS. Dealer statied that the only certainty right now is that PTS requested orders are being pushed out - no certainty that my PTS will be ultimately be approved.

I don't know what to think anymore. My dealer still says he is very very confident my PTS order is going through.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:46 PM
AmadeusGT3
Track Day

I hope your dealer is right. My dealer strongly suggested I consider going with a non PTS color which would ensure delivery in December. Need to separate the dealer's financial motivation to book my sale in 2017 from the noise that may or may not be coming from PCNA
Old 08-14-2017, 11:04 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 626 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by AmadeusGT3
My dealer called today stating that my November PTS build has been pushed out to April. I'm at V180. Dealer indicated that PCNA factory reps are encouraging buyers to rethink PTS. Dealer statied that the only certainty right now is that PTS requested orders are being pushed out - no certainty that my PTS will be ultimately be approved.

MT
(1) CXX Request
How does GTS Red compare to Guards and Carmine Red?
Old 08-14-2017, 11:10 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by .dee
I have a week 46 build confirmed for a lichtgrun (253) delivery to Sydney

Should look something like this

Nice
I ordered same and recd confirmation
Old 08-14-2017, 11:19 PM
AmadeusGT3
Track Day

GTS Red is non-metallic, deep burgundy. You may recall this color from a discussion thread back in January.
Attached Images  
Old 08-15-2017, 02:09 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboDogue
So I am currently still sitting v070, but was moved in July onto the ZBT list by my dealer. Would have had early production PDK allocation if hadn't chosen PTS.

My dealer (Premier) is saying there will be two runs of PTS cars per Germany. VIPs plus a few extras in case of my dealer and then a second run in Spring 18. Don't know if thats fact, but I trust this GM deeply.

Will be my third PTS car. I am told they expect more allocation for PTS shortly and I should move over to V180 at that time. Who knows. My spec is:

Signal Green 22S
No CCX
Local delivery
Manual (but man I go back and forth, so may go PDK as have a 997RS and a GT4)
V070

If PTS fails, will go Manual White w loads of CCX or Miami Blue
I have you on hold off the list for now. Canadian PTS dealers seem to have a direct connection with Germany, so I think you can trust your dealer if he is promising you a PTS in 2018. I think what he is referring to re two rounds of PTS is that Oct-Dec this year has been for ROW customers including Canada, and Jan-June seems to be reserved for USA customers, but of course that may include some from Canada too, since they work with PCNA. Good luck!

MT
(1) CXX Request
Nice!! Thanks for he update, you're on the list!

Originally Posted by DRPM
Nice
I ordered same and recd confirmation
OK two new ones in one- Can someone point me to where the .dee posted originally?

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
Hi Andre. Just sent you a PM. I am now v180 with an allocation month of Mar2018 (was Sep2017) and a "Dealer Arrival" date of 27Apr2018. This is all listed on the "History" tab within the PCNA system. CXX options listed as well on the build sheet and on the more detailed build sheet.
So sorry! I just overlooked your changes from the other day! It is updated now!
Old 08-15-2017, 03:57 AM
Swede01
Track Day

Just placed the order for a PTS GT3. Was a bit stressful since the dealer first said that the final spec was to be set in October. Got a call at 14.30 from the dealer yesterday saying that Porsche just notified him that the request for PTS was accepted and that we had to accept by 15.00 or it was gone.

Then at 17.30 he called again and said that the final spec as well had to be submitted before 18.00 or Porsche might not accept the PTS request. Luckily the spec was pretty set since earlier but still made some last minute changes! He said that Porsche is not always customer oriented when it comes to these things and I agree, its not that nice to be forced to make decisions regarding cars at this price level in a matter of minutes. But hey, at least we got to spend 10k EUR on paint

Color: Gulf Orange w. satin black rims
CXX options: just some exclusive stuff like carbon mirrors, carbon package, door sills etc.
Delivery location: Sweden
Manual/PDK: PDK
Delivery date: Production month is november so probably early december
Current V code: Not sure since things moved so fast yesterday

Sucks getting the car in the middle of winter and having to keep it in the garage for 4 months, but super excited for the build!

//Swede01
Old 08-15-2017, 09:53 AM
NJRickD
Instructor

GTS Red is non-metallic, deep burgundy. You may recall this color from a discussion thread back in January.
very very nice!
Old 08-15-2017, 10:44 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Swede01
Just placed the order for a PTS GT3. Was a bit stressful since the dealer first said that the final spec was to be set in October. Got a call at 14.30 from the dealer yesterday saying that Porsche just notified him that the request for PTS was accepted and that we had to accept by 15.00 or it was gone.

Then at 17.30 he called again and said that the final spec as well had to be submitted before 18.00 or Porsche might not accept the PTS request. Luckily the spec was pretty set since earlier but still made some last minute changes! He said that Porsche is not always customer oriented when it comes to these things and I agree, its not that nice to be forced to make decisions regarding cars at this price level in a matter of minutes. But hey, at least we got to spend 10k EUR on paint

Color: Gulf Orange w. satin black rims
CXX options: just some exclusive stuff like carbon mirrors, carbon package, door sills etc.
Delivery location: Sweden
Manual/PDK: PDK
Delivery date: Production month is november so probably early december
Current V code: Not sure since things moved so fast yesterday

Sucks getting the car in the middle of winter and having to keep it in the garage for 4 months, but super excited for the build!

//Swede01
Nice, thanks! Sounds like your build is locked, but keep us updated. Great color! You are on the list!
Old 08-15-2017, 08:17 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,027 Likes on 2,296 Posts

I'm curious if the next round of allocations in Sept for the US will be allowed to do PTS....
Old 08-15-2017, 08:19 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm curious if the next round of allocations in Sept for the US will be allowed to do PTS....
if yes, then Porsche has seriously ramped up PTS production slots
Old 08-15-2017, 08:28 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,027 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
if yes, then Porsche has seriously ramped up PTS production slots
I think the answer will be NO but I'm hopeful that it'll be YES.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order