Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 08:51 AM
OG911
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Let's start a thread for those of us who have a confirmed PTS order pending for the new GT3. I would like to collect information that will be of interest to everyone about their order and build a database that we can publish. Information such as:

Color (duh)
CXX options
Delivery location (Europe, PEC Atlanta etc.)
Manual/PDK
Delivery date
Current V code
etc.

My order- V180, Manual, June Production, Euro Del., No CXX, Pastel Orange

But let me know what you want to track in the database. I'll make a shared doc we can all view and post with updates.

Confidentiality: If you want your order to remain confidential, PM me your information and note what you would like to keep confidential and I will not share that information.

Also, here we can share information about the process, where are cars are in production, news about custom ordering process etc.

For sure timing is different in Europe, so news and information about those in the other parts of the world is valid and wanted. I would like to add those confirmed orders to the database as well.

So to kick things off, let's start with where things stand in North America with PTS orders-

About two weeks ago word got out that requests for PTS in North America would need to be entered as a ZPT option. If done properly this resulted in your order status changing to V110. It is unclear if the dates you had for your allocation were important, just that your car was not yet in production and still changeable. This V110 order status meant that PCNA would review the order and if everything met a certain criteria it was slotted into a PTS time slot in 2018 and the V code changed to V180, which is where we all are now. The criteria for selection seems to have been more about feasibility than about customer status, although certainly VIP's are in the front of the line. The feasibility criteria is all about your color selection (must be a pre approved color from the PTS list) and certain options around painted parts like mirrors and interior trim. Cost is still up in the air and we are waiting on final pricing once we move from V180. My source at PCNA made sure that I understood that schedules and pricing are all subject to change once Porsche in Germany reviews our requests.

Which leads us to the next step. Again, my source has told me that all PTS requests world wide are in review in Germany. Currently it is summer break and no word on when that review will be completed, but best guess is September when everyone returns. So of course, where ever you are in the world, if you have a PTS order with a V code higher than 180, please let us know.

Looking forward to good input from everyone!

Thanks!

Andre

CURRENT UPDATE 8/24:

Attachment 1245303
Color Riviera Blue
CXX options None ( Leather interior with red stitching
Delivery location Australia
Manual/PDK PDK
Delivery date Week 51
Current V code ?
etc.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:50 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
What do you mean "approved colors?" Isn't it just the approved list? Also, So PCNA are the ones calling the shots on PTS this year not PAG? IE good customers and big dealers get the spots?
My understanding what is meant is that the Approved colors on the official list of PTS colors doesn't necessarily mean that, if chosen, the color is automatically accepted by PAG. The pts color assigned to an order, has to still be officially accepted and vetted by PAG.

The aggregate numbers of a specific PTS color then determine how many of that color are required. Those numbers in turn would be affected by production issues like capacity and time and determine how many PAG can accommodate. A PTS quantity is then thrown back at PCNA, who then are told to select who/which order is in or out.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:00 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by OG911
Color Riviera Blue
CXX options None ( Leather interior with red stitching
Delivery location Australia
Manual/PDK PDK
Delivery date Week 51
Current V code ?
etc.
Congrats! Nice color! I will add you to the list.

Originally Posted by Haku
My understanding what is meant is that the Approved colors on the official list of PTS colors doesn't necessarily mean that, if chosen, the color is automatically accepted by PAG. The pts color assigned to an order, has to still be officially accepted and vetted by PAG.

The aggregate numbers of a specific PTS color then determine how many of that color are required. Those numbers in turn would be affected by production issues like capacity and time and determine how many PAG can accommodate. A PTS quantity is then thrown back at PCNA, who then are told to select who/which order is in or out.
Haku, to clarify is this your speculation or was this told to you by someone in PCNA or your dealer? I appreciate your input here- thanks!
Old 08-26-2017, 11:08 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Haku, to clarify is this your speculation or was this told to you by someone in PCNA or your dealer? I appreciate your input here- thanks!
It's what I was told by my dealer who checked with PCNA and also referred to info the dealership received 2 days ago, it was in relation to my asking what would happen to my order if I went PTS again!

Needless to say, I stayed with Carmine!
Old 08-26-2017, 11:26 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

It's what I was told by my dealer who checked with PCNA and also referred to info the dealership received 2 days ago, it was in relation to my asking what would happen to my order if I went PTS again!

Needless to say, I stayed with Carmine!

OK- appreciate it. Carmine is a great choice!

Last point to make from my conversation yesterday. PCNA told me that they will evaluate the ZPT process after this is done to determine if it helped or not. I think obviously if they 'cut' half or more people with requested PTS orders it won't go over well! Ugh.

I'm still optomistic. Why? Because there are probably only a few people at PCNA that really know what is going on with PAG, and I don't think they are talking. My contact admitted as such, but at the same time was on a conference call with the people in charge of PTS in Germany. I think if they heard from PAG on that call that they can't do all of the ZPT orders they would have told me to prepare to be disappointed rather than build my confidence that it will go through.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:28 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Montoya, can you post the updated list? It's been a while since we've seen it, I think. Thanks.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:39 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Montoya, can you post the updated list? It's been a while since we've seen it, I think. Thanks.
Yes, sorry! Got your PM have several others to update. Less nimble at doing it since my MacBook died, have to do on my desktop, I will do it today.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:01 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, sorry! Got your PM have several others to update. Less nimble at doing it since my MacBook died, have to do on my desktop, I will do it today.
No rush at all, it's curiosity more than anything.

Does anyone know if the PTS color requested is on several orders (or vice versa), like for example, they have 20 requests for color XXX, would that make it more or less likely for PAG to approve it or does that have nothing to do with their decision? Eduardo?
Old 08-26-2017, 12:09 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

This is consistent with what I was told by PCNA Exclusive rep who called me directly to explain process of my PTS order as well.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:33 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Default Update

Lot's of updates! I have someone at V200 in the US- received the update yesterday from Mr. Vanos. I have asked for more information, so far I have not received a reply, so I am posting the info I have. Mr. Vanos just inputed his request in the last 2 weeks, so there are some questions, but assuming it all checks out- Congratulations!!
Old 08-26-2017, 02:56 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

OK- appreciate it. Carmine is a great choice!
Ugh!...I hope so! Frankly, I'm so tired of the whole color debacle that it was dulling my generally happy ordering experience. So now I'm getting in touch with basics and just happy with any color. Heck today I even contemplated black! In reality these cars all look good.

In the overall scheme of things we are all fortunate to get what is by all accounts an awesome car. Enjoy the experience fellas.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:12 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

I feel for you guys with the lack of transparency of the whole PTS BS.

On the other hand having deposits down with #1 spots at two dealerships for MSRP for two years and still no car. One wanted ADM and other is deciding what to do for pricing and who is where on the list. Just a car but if I am left with no allocation after this I am done even attempting to buy anything from a Porsche dealership. Sorry, rant over

I really hope PAG and PCNA grants all of those waiting their PTS wish!!!

Old 08-26-2017, 03:23 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tasman
I feel for you guys with the lack of transparency of the whole PTS BS.

On the other hand having deposits down with #1 spots at two dealerships for MSRP for two years and still no car. One wanted ADM and other is deciding what to do for pricing and who is where on the list. Just a car but if I am left with no allocation after this I am done even attempting to buy anything from a Porsche dealership. Sorry, rant over

I really hope PAG and PCNA grants all of those waiting their PTS wish!!!

T, don't give up matey!...
Old 08-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 369 Likes on 160 Posts

[QUOTE=DRPM;14429666]
Originally Posted by NS2 Media
Here are some PTS GT3 renderings we did awhile back showing off a few different colors and stripe options.

Birch Green:

Thanks for sharing
Can you confirm the color code # for this Birch Green please?
Hey man! This render was based on"POR 253"Birch Green,
Old 08-26-2017, 07:31 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 369 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by esse10229
Hi NS2, thank you for the nice picture. Is that possible you could help me picture a .2 GT3 in Grigio Telesto for different angles ? I am about to submit my build with request of PTS.

Thank you
Hey man! Grigio Telesto will look incredible on the 991.2. Just sent you over a PM.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order