Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 09:10 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
sorry I don't understand what it is you are saying, my build is April '18, which is 8 months away... are you saying that the PTS window does not open until June '18?

sorry I'm being stupid ...
Remember Germans like rules. You need a six month lead time from your Allocation Date, not today. So April to June doesn't give them enough time if that is in fact their rule. I'm totally speculating here, and as I said they could in fact care less if PCNA is shuffling everything around to fill PTS slots with ZPT. In that case it's first come first serve, until all the slots are filled regardless of your actual original production allocation date. In other words since your build get's moved to a PTS slot, they may have already reserved the allocations for PTS in the right window of production for the PTS lead time. Your commission is changed to this allocation and someone else gets your April build.

Let's see what happens- push your dealer like hell to get it in soon!
Old 08-22-2017, 10:30 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 283 Posts

Chris Harris just tweeted that there is no PTS for the .2 in the UK
Old 08-22-2017, 10:38 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Oh by the way, last night checking in and reading your thread, just as I got to the FAT LADY- BOOM!! my MacBook Pro crashes, never to recover. SSHD too! At Apple Care now for repair for a week. I think that's a sign.... maybe I should drink some beer now????
What else were you checking in on and "reading" when your computer crashed?
Old 08-22-2017, 10:46 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
I almost hope that's true so I can stop agonizing over which color to pick!
Old 08-22-2017, 10:53 PM
esse10229
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

By six months, you mean 6 months from the delivery date or build date ?
Old 08-22-2017, 10:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,612 Likes on 2,348 Posts

Remember Germans like rules. You need a six month lead time from your Allocation Date, not today. So April to June doesn't give them enough time if that is in fact their rule. I'm totally speculating here, and as I said they could in fact care less if PCNA is shuffling everything around to fill PTS slots with ZPT. In that case it's first come first serve, until all the slots are filled regardless of your actual original production allocation date. In other words since your build get's moved to a PTS slot, they may have already reserved the allocations for PTS in the right window of production for the PTS lead time. Your commission is changed to this allocation and someone else gets your April build.

Let's see what happens- push your dealer like hell to get it in soon!
thanks now makes sense, I guess we will see what happens!
Old 08-22-2017, 11:26 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by esse10229
By six months, you mean 6 months from the delivery date or build date ?
If you look at the configurator they say it will delay your build by 6 months from your production date.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:11 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

If you look at the configurator they say it will delay your build by 6 months from your production date.
Mine went from September production to April after PTS was requested.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:55 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
What else were you checking in on and "reading" when your computer crashed?
Yeah, I wish it was something more interesting than Eduardo's Fat Lady!!

Sorry for the delay in updating the list- but with my Mac down for the count, I'm forced to bang things out here on my iPad- tomorrow I will update it, we have some more input from a couple of you that have PM'd me. Again thanks for all your help.

So instead, just a quick update on my personal situation. It has really bugged me for a few weeks that I am the only PTS allocation on this list for June production. So I finally got in touch with someone today at PCNA to chat about it. Good news! I'm not the only one out there in June that they now of "many" in my situation - (where are you guys, and why aren't you coming forward??). Not only that, but like a lot of you they assured me that my order for PTS is assured, and that the final production schedule is still being determined based on paint availability. Finally, when asked about the ability to change options, they suggested I do it sooner rather than wait, as I may not be able to later. When I told them I didn't want to screw anything up while waiting for final approval, again they reinforced that the PTS order is secure, and any changes to options should be done now while they are in the planning phase. I told them I would think about it, the changes I want to make aren't a big deal and I'm fairly certain it can be done later- I think I will wait until the next step in our journey. If I can't add deviated stitching at that time, the standard white stitching will look just fine with Pastel Orange.

So there you have it, of course this is from PCNA, but at least they have been delivering a consistent message to a lot of us. Finally I'll leave with this excerpt from a posting from Haku in the allocation thread (my emphasis):

Originally Posted by Haku
When I asked about the latest allocations issued by PCNA, my medium sized dealer (strictly MSRP) who I do trust and over many years have been entirely straight in their dealings with me, replied with:

"The GT3 allocations for the entire calendar year of 2018 have been issued. We got three more in addition to your car. The next build slot after your car (Sept 2017) is August, 2018 which means it will not be here until October of 2018. The other two are October and November builds which are 2019 calendar year deliveries or at least one of them will be. Most early 2018 production slots are apparently taken by all the pts cars. They say this is the entire dealer allocation but there are always a few in their pockets for contests and to slip the big boys a few extra, at least that is what historically happens."
So with that final thought, let's hope for some news in the coming week or two about our orders moving in a good way towards completion!
Old 08-23-2017, 04:08 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

They have a $200 million paint plant so let's hope PNCA is right everyone in the allocation window gets PTS.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:48 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Montoya I also put in for Pastel Orange, I assume the deviated stitching is CXX. Are you going to try and get the winglets and front bumper accents to match? If I could get them to match I would do silver wheels vs black.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:04 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
Originally Posted by jlee504
I almost hope that's true so I can stop agonizing over which color to pick!
Originally Posted by jlee504
Montoya I also put in for Pastel Orange, I assume the deviated stitching is CXX. Are you going to try and get the winglets and front bumper accents to match? If I could get them to match I would do silver wheels vs black.

Nice choice of color!!

Oh Jlee504, you know the rules here, you post about your PTS order, you must provide more details! LOL. It looks like you are outside North America, but we would like more information on your build:

Current V code status
Production Month
Province or State, Country of dealer location
PDK or Manual?
CXX yes or No
Special delivery (Factory or??)

You can keep anything you haven't already revealed here private, send me a PM if you would like.

Regarding my options, I am going to play up the contrast of the black pieces against the orange- so I selected black door handles and black wheels. I am leaving the other trim pieces alone. I would like to have Pepita inserts on the seats to set everything off, but the prices Exclusive charges for that is out of my league so that is something I will probably do after I receive the car. I actually am torn with the deviated stitching, I think certain colors really 'pop' and others not so much. Orange is maybe one that can go either way- the normal white stitching will look good, but maybe Orange stitching will look fabulous- not sure!
Old 08-23-2017, 11:07 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
They have a $200 million paint plant so let's hope PNCA is right everyone in the allocation window gets PTS.
Funny, that is the number quoted for the new Corvette paint plant at Bowling Green. Who knew that paint could be so expensive!!!

(Oh, I guess we do....)
Old 08-23-2017, 11:08 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Actually I'm in Washington DC. Will know soon I just got the call and they are submitting the order now. Once I have firmed it up I'll send the details. I need a commission number which is what I'm waiting for. Until then I continue to be skeptical.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:25 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Default Update

I've updated the list with the most recent information. PAG should be back to full staff at the end of the month, sifting through the requests soon. Meanwhile, we are tracking a few people with late PTS requests, as stated it will be interesting to see what happens with those.

One other point to make regarding my conversation with PCNA. My original production allocation date was Sept, and now my allocation production officially is October, with an estimated production of June. So, that would seem to validate my hypothesis that your original production allocation date is not what drives your ability to order PTS. The PTS request that were put in the ZPT process all received new allocations in what was considered the PTS allocation window of Oct- Dec. It looks like the work behind the scenes pairs up a Oct- Dec allocation with a delayed production slot for PTS. Just speculation, but interesting. So nothing says if they have PTS spots open, the matching Oct-Dec allocation should be there, and they can move you back to that if say you have a February allocation.

Just something to think about with all these late requests...

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order