Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 02:48 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I asked for pics and got them, 100% comes off as a dealer.

That's a bullish!t comment. See your beef with Tarek continues. Did he kick you in the face when you were younger? not sure what could explain the constant jabs...

Anyone with 2 eyeballs that function correctly and looks at the pics knows the car at asking is probably ALL the money in it. The car isn't great. But he's also not asking a ton for it. So guess that makes seller honest. Car will need $ spent to make it decent. As long as buyer realizes that, all good, but the bigger issue and the compare with Tarek here kinda bugs me. He's very up front with any issues in the cars he sells. Don't see so much in that seller's post. And no, Tarek doesn't post for sale here as Rennlist charges a massive extortion fee for dealers. Which that poster SHOULD be paying.

here's the white Targa ad:
One of only 158 produced for the US, this rare 1990 Porsche 964 C2 Targa is finished in all of it's original Gran Prix White exterior over original Black leather interior and is powered by it's original 3.6L flat-six paired with a 5-speed manual transmission. 129k documented miles. Engine runs very strong and transmission shifts smoothly. Just passed CA emissions test. Cup alloy wheels. California ownership since new. Detailed service records, original window sticker, original purchase invoice, tool kit, clean CarFax. California smog certificate and a clear California title. PM for over 150 additional photos.

SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!

I didn't say Tarek's rep was bad, its just not in the same league as Holt's. Holt's been in business for decades and sells only the cream of the crop cars with none of the BS.

As far as my comments on the buyer/seller convo, I was referring to the Oak Green car, not the Targa. The buyer on the Oak Green car demanded is money back after he put it on craigs list and didn't like the offers he was getting. He also didn't bother with a PPI on the green car.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:55 PM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 118 Posts

I talked to seller ... seems like a nice guy.
I told him I'd give 30k because that car will need 30k easily to become a nice (high mileage) car ... a lot more to do everything the way it should be done.
Marine Blue's Targa is probably best one out there that could be had.
If I purchased the white one I'd go all the way with it but I know how expensive it is to do (see the gray ghost) and I can't stomach that again, especially with the bs weather in Chicago that would render a targa mostly useless.
I am super happy with my one and only build. The only thing I want to alter is to add a valved exhaust. I reached out to Fabspeed to see about modifying the RSR exhaust but I have not heard back from them yet ...

Last edited by eddieb4; 10-05-2019 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:32 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by eddieb4

I talked to seller ... seems like a nice guy.
I told him I'd give 30k because that car will need 30k easily to become a nice (high mileage) car ... a lot more to do everything the way it should be done.
Marine Blue's Targa is probably best one out there that could be had.
If I purchased the white one I'd go all the way with it but I know how expensive it is to do (see the gray ghost) and I can't stomach that again, especially with the bs weather in Chicago that would render a targa mostly useless.
I am super happy with my one and only build. The only thing I want to alter is to add a valved exhaust. I reached out to Fabspeed to see about modifying the RSR exhaust but I have not heard back from them yet ...
Talk to M&K they make a valved exhuast these days and I find their work to be better than Fabspeed.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:53 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,882 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by 997Pilot
White Targa is a dealer pausing as a private seller he also has it on pca, asked him for pics and it looks trashed. If you are looking for a 964 there are a couple of trusted members who are also dealers especially @Holtmotorsports & @Tarek307 all depends on your budget and the level of car you want.
Holt may be a great seller but one thing I can't stand is when dealers play hide and seek with their prices....

https://www.holtmotorsports.com/inventory.php

Tarek - virtually no inventory but at least he prices what he's selling. Looks like he's sold a number of nice cars in the past.

https://www.euromotionauto.com/inventory
The following users liked this post:
9SIX4-C4 (10-09-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 11:17 AM
Holtmotorsports
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Tarek is a solid guy and seems to be one of the few in this business who presents the cars honestly.
Ive sent many folks his way if I didn't have something that worked at the time.

As for pricing.....
My buyers are usually very educated about the cars and follow the market closely. When they call in there is a 99.9% chance they know where the car is going to be priced regardless of air or water cooled.
We also do post on ebay every now and then since it generates a lot of traffic to the site... needless to say pricing gets posted there.
BUT the main reason is we get auth-dealers and the like that pose as retail buyers (big waste of time). Just be straight up with me and I'll gladly help you figure out what an incoming trade is worth and if its nice, I'll probably buy it.

Have a good day guys!
The following 4 users liked this post by Holtmotorsports:
9SIX4-C4 (10-09-2019), NACHTBLAU (10-07-2019), Spyerx (10-08-2019), weekndr.porsche (10-08-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 01:01 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 980 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader220
Talk to M&K they make a valved exhuast these days and I find their work to be better than Fabspeed.
i had M&K build me a sport muffler for my '87 and i was extremely pleased with their willingness to work with the customer and the end product. would absolutely work with them again.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:21 PM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx

That's a bullish!t comment. See your beef with Tarek continues. Did he kick you in the face when you were younger? not sure what could explain the constant jabs...

exactly what I was thinking, trader220 and another snide remark towards Tarek. Tarek and holt being worlds apart in inventory I can understand, two different operations, Holt sells high dollar pristine low mileage cars and tarek sells clean well sorted everyday drivers for very reasonable money hence why his cars sell so fast.

But worlds apart in reputation is just a low blow remark, both have excellent reputations, and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a car sight unseen from either dealers, just all depends on what level of car and budget you’re looking for.
9SIX4-C4 (10-09-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 04:53 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 668 Posts

^^ well said.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:10 PM
stutt911
Banned

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Latest from Tarek, but guards red, not my color.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...uards-red.html

when it comes to ads, I think Fabie of Abreu Motors makes the best all encompassing videos, but good effort on Tarek’s part too, probably needs to work on better sound.

Old 10-09-2019, 05:23 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts

Can someone please explain to me the difference between a Super User and a Rennlist Member? If you're going to feel the need to hide behind a screen and keyboard to question a seller's integrity at least pay the fee and bring strength to the community. No affiliation either to Holt nor Tarek but as a 964 Coupe owner and 964 Targa seeker seems to me from what I have seen on both ends of the spectrum, one can purchase with confidence from either seller. It will all depend on your budget or interest. Not everyone can afford the perfect low mileage $90-$100K car. Especially when you have multiple Pcars. Just don't see the need to bring these kinds of negative comments to this forum. Let's stick to talking about cars, helping each other out. Just my unwanted 2 cents on this as it seems to be a repeated pattern of behavior dating back months on this thread. The thread title says "Great American 964s for sale", not "Great American 964 sellers to shame".
The following 3 users liked this post by JAB12:
2swoosh (10-10-2019), 911Jetta (10-09-2019), 9SIX4-C4 (10-09-2019)
Old 10-16-2019, 11:18 PM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Just listed on bat, not sure about this one, and check out the comments, yikes!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-carrera-4-20/
Old 10-16-2019, 11:34 PM
Dtronics
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 997Pilot
Just listed on bat, not sure about this one, and check out the comments, yikes!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-carrera-4-20/
Yikes indeed! I looked at this listing last night and thought it was funny that some of the initial comments were “beautiful” and “very good shape”. This car is a mess. Curious to see where it ends up.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:52 PM
SP2000
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Dtronics
Yikes indeed! I looked at this listing last night and thought it was funny that some of the initial comments were “beautiful” and “very good shape”. This car is a mess. Curious to see where it ends up.
I'm waiting for the inevitable I have the exact same car and it's amazing, the best car you'll ever drive comments. BaT is such a joke, but it's entertaining.
9SIX4-C4 (10-17-2019)
Old 10-17-2019, 12:08 AM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SP2000
I'm waiting for the inevitable I have the exact same car and it's amazing, the best car you'll ever drive comments. BaT is such a joke, but it's entertaining.
Ive been saying this for years...BAT doesn’t care that the majority of their commentators are clueless idiots, in fact, they like it because it pushes prices up on POS cars which only helps their bottom line. That place is a complete joke with zero oversight or protection for the buyer. Point in fact, the Baltic blue couple that sold not long ago...owner ended up moving into a house down the street from me and the car was an absolute dog. Paint drips across the entire front hood line and other areas. Not at all as advertised and when he brought it up to BAT, their response was to address it with the seller. BAT is nothing more than an over-glorified eBay Motors.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:15 AM
SP2000
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

If you're dumb enough to send someone $50K for a car based on a few pictures and comments from strangers, well you're a dumbass and kinda get what you deserve when the car ends up being a pile of dog****.

Maybe it's just me but I'd never buy a car sight unseen whether ebay, Bat, whatever. No matter what car it is, they'll be one close enough for me to go see in person eventually.

Also with Bat, the majority of peanut gallery comments are from people who own the same car they're commenting on. So of course all the comments will be positive. It's in their interest to pump the prices high as it makes their cars worth more too. Yet the myth is comments are some type of objective info for potential buyers. Like I said earlier, a total joke.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale