Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 12:28 AM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts

Oh boy I retract my previous post, I'll hang out and watch autpet/RMC/autpete2 bury himself and his dealer all day with popcorn and a beer and be thoroughly entertained.

If anyone wants a first hand experience from someone who actually bought a car from them, I'm happy to share a few words and a 5 figure receipts to back them up.

RMC should spend their marketing budget on a PR person instead of on IG ads. It would go a lot further than putting forth a perfect example of the putrid communication you can expect once you enter a deal with them right here on the forums for everyone to see!
Old 10-23-2019, 12:46 AM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
and that right there is why you/RMC have such a crappy reputation. Nice job 👍
Not sure what you expected here. I wouldn't say they have a crappy rep just for defending themselves. They aren't 100% wrong about the overly-critical nature of internet forms typically containing self-proclaimed experts. They are obviously in business to make money and except for a COUPLE of examples, I don't see many people praising specialty car dealers. These guys just get critiqued more than most and by the pickiest of picky people....not saying that as car guys we shouldn't be picky....I'm saying it's the perfect storm. When is the last time you bought a used car...especially a 30 year old used car...from a dealer who you knew was in it first for the $ (don't let anyone fool you, they all are) and you didn't inspect it or find something wrong/not as described? 90% of any car shopping I do - I know more than the salesperson. In these cases, it's on the consumer to know or pay an independent source who knows and I think the expectation is that (except in a few cases), you aren't going to get the fully story without doing so. They have to sell some cars to stay in business and not all of them will be cream puffs...they are flipping most of them so how much can a seller really know? In the end, you're buying from a business, not a barn find neighbor original owner - it's unfortunate but I don't think anyone has their head so far up their *** here to be surprised.
The following users liked this post:
Trader220 (10-27-2019)
Old 10-23-2019, 12:52 AM
SP2000
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Best way to avoid buying a ****ty car from a dealer? Don't buy from a dealer. Buy from a private, long term owner. As always, don't buy the car, buy the seller.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:55 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Well I’ll be the first to admit that I’m picky but my reasoning to post up what I see is primarily to make a potential buyer aware that there are some things being misrepresented by some of these dealers. I do this because I’ve been burned a few times and have learned what to look for.

I just wish dealers were more forthcoming, instead I often see doctored or distant pictures that avoid certain details which really makes it impossible for anyone to assess true condition. So if anything I hope the comments we all make save someone the hassle of flying out to see a lipstick covered pig.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:52 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by autpete2
It Never ceases to amaze me the amount of sh*t talk that goes on in all these forums, you guys literally have nothing better to do with your lives...

Mister beverlyhills: please elaborate on what is wrong with the seats... im sorry that our WHITE carpets on our 30 year old Porsche are not clean enough for you.
Previous owner should have had everyone who sat in the back get in barefoot.

kkswow12 ... it doesnt seem like karminrot? thats because it IS KARMINROT, violet has Japanese rear seats because newsflash the car is from JAPAN! who would have thunk it. When have you ever seen a sunroof delete violet 964 in the states...

Cobalt: typical RMC cars eh? Most old Porsches need sprucing up and TLC as they are 30 years old The Karminrot car has EURO bumpers genius. You suspect ALL cars have had full respray.
We do not shy away from any PPI at any Porsche dealer, in fact we always encourage customers to do so in addition to flying in and seeing the cars in person.
Most all their our cars are NOT Japanese imports... out of the hundreds of Porsches we have sold maybe 5% are rest of world cars.

Lorenzoh: Idiots like you make irrelevant comments like this all the time. We dont try to get away with anything, We price our cars aggressively and sell alot of cars
because we are transparent, the closest comparable to our cars is one violet purple car that asking price 119K and has crap paintwork and has gone through numerous " REPUTABLE" dealers with no mention of paintwork.

XgrudgeX: Chris, i have the same report you have and it doesn't mention a full respray and 4 out of 5 (scale R to 5) condition report speaks for itself, grade 4 is considered very good in JP.
I did not lie to you it has paint work yes but it is not a full respray paint meter verifies that, passenger side has been painted meters with no bondo or filler...
RMC - I would recommend buying a paint meter and posting pictures on your listing of air-cooled 911s. This doesn't take allot of time and alone will solve allot of questions for potential buyers. While the community can be a little harsh at times, I think the majority of us are just looking out for fellow enthusiasts. Always remember the internet does not forget.
The following users liked this post:
Bearclaw (02-25-2020)
Old 10-23-2019, 01:56 AM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff33702
Not sure what you expected here. I wouldn't say they have a crappy rep just for defending themselves. They aren't 100% wrong about the overly-critical nature of internet forms typically containing self-proclaimed experts. They are obviously in business to make money and except for a COUPLE of examples, I don't see many people praising specialty car dealers. These guys just get critiqued more than most and by the pickiest of picky people....not saying that as car guys we shouldn't be picky....I'm saying it's the perfect storm. When is the last time you bought a used car...especially a 30 year old used car...from a dealer who you knew was in it first for the $ (don't let anyone fool you, they all are) and you didn't inspect it or find something wrong/not as described? 90% of any car shopping I do - I know more than the salesperson. In these cases, it's on the consumer to know or pay an independent source who knows and I think the expectation is that (except in a few cases), you aren't going to get the fully story without doing so. They have to sell some cars to stay in business and not all of them will be cream puffs...they are flipping most of them so how much can a seller really know? In the end, you're buying from a business, not a barn find neighbor original owner - it's unfortunate but I don't think anyone has their head so far up their *** here to be surprised.
Your post makes absolutely ZERO sense.

they don’t have a crappy rep rep for defending themselves, they just look like jerks in doing so [here]. And they have a crappy reputation in general. Do a search.

the self proclaimed experts here are actually experts as judged by their knowledge and contributions to the database of knowledge. Marine, cobalt and others all are considered experts. And experts are usually picky so don’t be surprised when someone points out something no one else sees...just from a frigging photo. That’s not being picky, it’s being honest...something sellers could learn a lot from.

it’s not about anyone having their head up their *** and not being surprised about the condition of a thirty year old car, it’s about the sellers who assume all buyers are idiots then get butt hurt when they get called on the carpet....like what just happened.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:01 AM
NACHTBLAU
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueC2
https://barnabaautosport.com/1341409...s/Details.aspx

From what I can see this one looks really nice and happens to be my favorite color combo. Hope that it finds a nice home with a fellow enthusiast.

It is very tempting to add a NB twin but I would just end up swapping out the D90s for Cup 1s, adding coilovers and lowering, sourcing some aero mirrors and basically ruining the special all original time capsule that this car appears to be.

I am no expert to it is likely some of the others here will notice things that I haven't but the crests on the Wheel Caps have faded out. My 94 C4 has ~54k miles and the wheel cap crests look perfect. Does this mean the car likely sat in the sun a lot?
Old 10-23-2019, 10:08 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts
Default 30 Something....

Friendly reminder to all that share this 964 passion.

These are 30 Year Old Cars, I will repeat that:
30- year-old-cars.. and they happen to be on their way to extinction thanks to backdaters as well as export exemptions.

Enjoy what you have and what you can find. Flaws are a part of the equation. So is drivetrain C2/C4.

#PorscheON!
The following 4 users liked this post by JAB12:
911Jetta (10-23-2019), 964Luftballoon (10-25-2019), jeff33702 (10-23-2019), Marine Blue (10-23-2019)
Old 10-23-2019, 10:16 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Listed on Pelican.... 1990 C2, baltic Blue/Cashmere, 153K miles, $64K http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...-blue-met.html
It was on BaT over the summer with RNM @ $47K https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-28/
Old 10-23-2019, 10:46 AM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by LPMM
Listed on Pelican.... 1990 C2, baltic Blue/Cashmere, 153K miles, $64K http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...-blue-met.html
It was on BaT over the summer with RNM @ $47K https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-28/
appears to be the same seller/owner from the BAT auction; which indicated top end done Feb 2018. But the pelican ad says top end was “just done”... almost 2 years ago now.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:50 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

appears to be the same seller/owner from the BAT auction; which indicated top end done Feb 2018. But the pelican ad says top end was “just done”... almost 2 years ago now.
Perhaps his "just done" means it was done in the past ~1K miles or so, rather than a time based statement.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:03 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by LPMM
Perhaps his "just done" means it was done in the past ~1K miles or so, rather than a time based statement.
I was thinking the same. But as we know, these cars when maintained on a mileage basis rather than a time basis end up having lots of issues. For example, buddy of mine bought a car that had been “resealed”. The car only had 7k miles since the reseal, which was done 10 years prior and since it hadn’t been driven regularly, had already started leaking again.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:21 PM
stutt911
Banned

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

2018 and not many miles is still pretty new and I don’t see anything wrong with saying just done, plus surely anyone buying it will look at the records will see the date. You try to find something wrong with everyone and every car for sale.

This forum as others have mentioned has turned into nothing but a let’s flame sellers and find faults with every single 30 year old used car. RMC while I haven’t dealt with them seem to have average cars priced at average prices, if I was RMC I would also post defending these statements.

Lorenzoh you particularly only have negative stuff to say and since you post so much I’m surprised you are not a paying member here, I rarely post so yes I’m not a member.
The following 2 users liked this post by stutt911:
lcrain (10-25-2019), Ralph3. (10-23-2019)
Old 10-23-2019, 03:26 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by stutt911
2018 and not many miles is still pretty new and I don’t see anything wrong with saying just done, plus surely anyone buying it will look at the records will see the date. You try to find something wrong with everyone and every car for sale.

This forum as others have mentioned has turned into nothing but a let’s flame sellers and find faults with every single 30 year old used car. RMC while I haven’t dealt with them seem to have average cars priced at average prices, if I was RMC I would also post defending these statements.

Lorenzoh you particularly only have negative stuff to say and since you post so much I’m surprised you are not a paying member here, I rarely post so yes I’m not a member.
your way off base here. I didn’t say anything negative about the car in question. I simply pointed out the “just done” statement. Clearly your idea of just done and mine differ.
Please point me to where in the TOS it stipulates one must be a paying member after X number of posts.
Thanks. 🙄
Old 10-23-2019, 06:15 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 276 Posts

Your post makes absolutely ZERO sense.

they don’t have a crappy rep rep for defending themselves, they just look like jerks in doing so [here]. And they have a crappy reputation in general. Do a search.

the self proclaimed experts here are actually experts as judged by their knowledge and contributions to the database of knowledge. Marine, cobalt and others all are considered experts. And experts are usually picky so don’t be surprised when someone points out something no one else sees...just from a frigging photo. That’s not being picky, it’s being honest...something sellers could learn a lot from.

it’s not about anyone having their head up their *** and not being surprised about the condition of a thirty year old car, it’s about the sellers who assume all buyers are idiots then get butt hurt when they get called on the carpet....like what just happened.
Not taking any sides here - but you are pretty difficult to reason with.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale