Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 01:48 AM
xgrudgex
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
There are a bunch of things about these that throw up flags. These seem typical RMC cars that they pick up in rough condition and spruce up. The Karminrot car doesn't even have its original carpets under the floor mats and something not quite right about the gaps wrong center bumper section for the year. I suspect both cars have had full respray. If you consider one of these without a proper PPI I suspect you will regret it.

Most all their cars are Japanese imports.
I can speak on the Karminrot car as I was going to bid on it and had a full inspection done. It was a Japanese import. It was a condition 4 car with very little wear. The inspector noted a full respray in original color, even though RMC told me that it was only a partial a few weeks ago. DM me if anyone is serious about the car and I can share the report.
-Chris
Old 10-22-2019, 01:51 AM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by xgrudgex
I can speak on the Karminrot car as I was going to bid on it and had a full inspection done. It was a Japanese import. It was a condition 4 car with very little wear. The inspector noted a full respray in original color, even though RMC told me that it was only a partial a few weeks ago. DM me if anyone is serious about the car and I can share the report.
-Chris
It amazes me that idiots like RMC still try to get away with this crap knowing full well how knowledgeable 964 buyers are thee days.
is it safe to assume you passed on the car?
Old 10-22-2019, 08:21 AM
xgrudgex
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
It amazes me that idiots like RMC still try to get away with this crap knowing full well how knowledgeable 964 buyers are thee days.
is it safe to assume you passed on the car?
Honestly I should have purchased it for the price they got it at. The PTS color threw me off, as there was no way to confirm that in short order.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:14 PM
autpete2
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It Never ceases to amaze me the amount of sh*t talk that goes on in all these forums, you guys literally have nothing better to do with your lives...

Mister beverlyhills: please elaborate on what is wrong with the seats... im sorry that our WHITE carpets on our 30 year old Porsche are not clean enough for you.
Previous owner should have had everyone who sat in the back get in barefoot.

kkswow12 ... it doesnt seem like karminrot? thats because it IS KARMINROT, violet has Japanese rear seats because newsflash the car is from JAPAN! who would have thunk it. When have you ever seen a sunroof delete violet 964 in the states...

Cobalt: typical RMC cars eh? Most old Porsches need sprucing up and TLC as they are 30 years old The Karminrot car has EURO bumpers genius. You suspect ALL cars have had full respray.
We do not shy away from any PPI at any Porsche dealer, in fact we always encourage customers to do so in addition to flying in and seeing the cars in person.
Most all their our cars are NOT Japanese imports... out of the hundreds of Porsches we have sold maybe 5% are rest of world cars.

Lorenzoh: Idiots like you make irrelevant comments like this all the time. We dont try to get away with anything, We price our cars aggressively and sell alot of cars
because we are transparent, the closest comparable to our cars is one violet purple car that asking price 119K and has crap paintwork and has gone through numerous " REPUTABLE" dealers with no mention of paintwork.

XgrudgeX: Chris, i have the same report you have and it doesn't mention a full respray and 4 out of 5 (scale R to 5) condition report speaks for itself, grade 4 is considered very good in JP.
I did not lie to you it has paint work yes but it is not a full respray paint meter verifies that, passenger side has been painted meters with no bondo or filler...
Old 10-22-2019, 06:38 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by autpete2
It Never ceases to amaze me the amount of sh*t talk that goes on in all these forums, you guys literally have nothing better to do with your lives...

Mister beverlyhills: please elaborate on what is wrong with the seats... im sorry that our WHITE carpets on our 30 year old Porsche are not clean enough for you.

kkswow12 ... it doesnt seem like karminrot? thats because it IS KARMINROT, violet has Japanese rear seats because newsflash the car is from JAPAN! who would have thunk it. When have you ever seen a sunroof delete violet 964 in the states...

Cobalt: typical RMC cars eh? Most old Porsches need sprucing up and TLC as they are 30 years old The Karminrot car has EURO bumpers genius. You suspect ALL cars have had full respray.
We do not shy away from any PPI at any Porsche dealer, in fact we always encourage customers to do so in addition to flying in and seeing the cars in person.
Most all their our cars are NOT Japanese imports... out of the hundreds of Porsches we have sold maybe 5% are rest of world cars.

Lorenzoh: Idiots like you make irrelevant comments like this all the time. We dont try to get away with anything, We price our cars aggressively and sell alot of cars
because we are transparent, the closest comparable to our cars is one violet purple car that asking price 119K and has crap paintwork and has gone through numerous " REPUTABLE" dealers with no mention of paintwork.

XgrudgeX: Chris, i have the same report you have and it doesn't mention a full respray and 4 out of 5 (scale R to 5) condition report speaks for itself, grade 4 is considered very good in JP.
I did not lie to you it has paint work yes but it is not a full respray paint meter verifies that, passenger side has been painted meters with no bondo or filler...
and that right there is why you/RMC have such a crappy reputation. Nice job 👍
Old 10-22-2019, 08:19 PM
JohnK964
Three Wheelin'

Received 275 Likes on 161 Posts

I’d be willing to bet Cobalt has forgot more about 964s than your sorry a** will ever know. Sounds like a typical d-bag whining to me
The following 5 users liked this post by JohnK964:
911Jetta (10-23-2019), 964Luftballoon (10-24-2019), 9SIX4-C4 (11-01-2019), Bloose993TT (10-23-2019), Frank 993 C4S (10-22-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 08:58 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,153 Likes on 1,292 Posts

LOL the sad part is I was being kind and no I am retired and this is my hobby. Other than building furniture, working on reconstructing my home, I work on, restore, and fix shoddy work on these cars all the time and I have seen the full spectrum. I am constantly seeing cars just like this and know what I am looking at. A few hours a day I read and post and help others shop for nice 964's or whatever I can do to help people not make mistakes when buying these cars.

Irrespective of asking #1 pristine condition money for a car that has some issues, you claim to be transparent. LOL

So is there any mention in your ad that there was any paintwork? Did I say the quality of the job was poor? No, but it is quite obvious to me there was paintwork and I suspect more than you say. I would be happy to look over some pictures that actually show the car and its critical areas but you know how to avoid those shots. Although I have looked over detailed photos of many of the cars you have had for sale and seen a few up close and compared them to the description. So far I have been on point each time.

OE Factory Cup I wheels. Really?? Did a 90 ever come equipped with Cup I wheels? So they were added, are they made by Speedline or SM? Is that A TUV marking I see and no raised markings on either side of the stem? Is the Karminrot an RS or turbo 3.6? If it is either I apologize otherwise it is as I stated. The car is a 90 C2 ROW coupe and therefore should wear the rear center section of a ROW C2/C4 turbo 3.3 or Turbo Look like the bumper on the 91 you are selling with the flat center. Also the metal reinforcement Part 32 in the PET is missing. The entire rear bumper is car color when it should be black along the bottom like the rockers. Is this where I say? GENIUS!!!

I do stand corrected, many of your recent 964's appear to be imports not necessarily from Japan. I might not know your business but I know your business model.

I have talked to hundreds of people over the years regarding countless 964's. As I said I work on every aspect of these cars from body and paint to engine rebuilds, to suspension and interiors and know these cars quite well. I have a pretty good handle on what thirty year old 964's are all about and I know many cars worth your asking price and many that are not. I've reviewed cars from the best to the worst of the what I call Boutique shops along with auctions, private sales etc. I have several friends that have business selling exotic cars. If you want to get into it with me that is fine. I call it like i see it and I have a pretty good track record. I think you would not be happy if I go further, I can comment about something on every car you have for sale and know a lot of things about several of them you wouldn't want me to say. I have yet to say they are bad cars but what you and I consider a top quality car worthy of your asking price I feel might differ.
The following 6 users liked this post by cobalt:
911Jetta (10-23-2019), 964Luftballoon (10-24-2019), Bloose993TT (10-23-2019), bweSteve (10-22-2019), Frank 993 C4S (10-22-2019), Marine Blue (10-23-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-22-2019, 09:42 PM
NACHTBLAU
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 1991 C2 midnight blue 20k miles

https://barnabaautosport.com/1341409...s/Details.aspx

From what I can see this one looks really nice and happens to be my favorite color combo. Hope that it finds a nice home with a fellow enthusiast.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:45 PM
BLACK3.2
Pro

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

The interior looks immaculate.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:09 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

ggg
Plenty of drugs available in South Florida, take some, zen out and say to yourself in the mirror "I am a douchebag, I sell used cars and lie to people. This is my life".
Then, it would be a really good idea if you didn't insult folks here that have been doing this since you were in short pants.
The following users liked this post:
Frank 993 C4S (10-22-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 10:16 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 859 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
ggg
Plenty of drugs available in South Florida, take some, zen out and say to yourself in the mirror "I am a douchebag, I sell used cars and lie to people. this is my life".
Then, it would be a really good idea if you didn't insult folks here that have been doing this since you were in short pants.
Love it! Post of the day!
Old 10-22-2019, 11:10 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by cobalt
LOL the sad part is I was being kind and no I am retired and this is my hobby. Other than building furniture, working on reconstructing my home, I work on, restore, and fix shoddy work on these cars all the time and I have seen the full spectrum. I am constantly seeing cars just like this and know what I am looking at. A few hours a day I read and post and help others shop for nice 964's or whatever I can do to help people not make mistakes when buying these cars.

Irrespective of asking #1 pristine condition money for a car that has some issues, you claim to be transparent. LOL

So is there any mention in your ad that there was any paintwork? Did I say the quality of the job was poor? No, but it is quite obvious to me there was paintwork and I suspect more than you say. I would be happy to look over some pictures that actually show the car and its critical areas but you know how to avoid those shots. Although I have looked over detailed photos of many of the cars you have had for sale and seen a few up close and compared them to the description. So far I have been on point each time.

OE Factory Cup I wheels. Really?? Did a 90 ever come equipped with Cup I wheels? So they were added, are they made by Speedline or SM? Is that A TUV marking I see and no raised markings on either side of the stem? Is the Karminrot an RS or turbo 3.6? If it is either I apologize otherwise it is as I stated. The car is a 90 C2 ROW coupe and therefore should wear the rear center section of a ROW C2/C4 turbo 3.3 or Turbo Look like the bumper on the 91 you are selling with the flat center. Also the metal reinforcement Part 32 in the PET is missing. The entire rear bumper is car color when it should be black along the bottom like the rockers. Is this where I say? GENIUS!!!

I do stand corrected, many of your recent 964's appear to be imports not necessarily from Japan. I might not know your business but I know your business model.

I have talked to hundreds of people over the years regarding countless 964's. As I said I work on every aspect of these cars from body and paint to engine rebuilds, to suspension and interiors and know these cars quite well. I have a pretty good handle on what thirty year old 964's are all about and I know many cars worth your asking price and many that are not. I've reviewed cars from the best to the worst of the what I call Boutique shops along with auctions, private sales etc. I have several friends that have business selling exotic cars. If you want to get into it with me that is fine. I call it like i see it and I have a pretty good track record. I think you would not be happy if I go further, I can comment about something on every car you have for sale and know a lot of things about several of them you wouldn't want me to say. I have yet to say they are bad cars but what you and I consider a top quality car worthy of your asking price I feel might differ.
yikes. Remind me to never **** you off. Talk about a a smack down 😂 we’ll done ✅
Old 10-22-2019, 11:22 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Love it! Post of the day!
LOL Fing ZING!!
Old 10-22-2019, 11:43 PM
xgrudgex
Instructor

I never said you lied to me. My importer translated the report for me. He said, "full repaint in original color". The car was in Japan as you know, I obviously could't get a meter on it. I know what a 4 in Japan means, thank you very much.
Make some friends on here, it won't hurt.
-Chris
Old 10-23-2019, 12:19 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueC2
https://barnabaautosport.com/1341409...s/Details.aspx

From what I can see this one looks really nice and happens to be my favorite color combo. Hope that it finds a nice home with a fellow enthusiast.
I absolutely love this color combo too. I looked at the pictures pretty closely almost immediately after the car was listed and I would bet money that the mileage on this car is not accurate. The seats were without question recovered recently as the material looks impossibly new for a 30 year old car and the fitment doesn’t match what I typically see on these cars from the factory. There are also signs of heat damage to the interior which would only happen from long term exposure to sun. The engine bay is way too dirty and I think the car was driven on salt covered roads. Also some engine trim is poorly painted and shouldn’t be which makes me think someone is hiding corrosion. The carpet on the doors looks a bit tired as compared to the carpet in the cockpit. It looks like it’s been through a partial restoration which is fine but at 20k miles it shouldn’t need it.

Last edited by Marine Blue; 10-23-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale