Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 06:28 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Paul at AK is one of the best in the business. His car descriptions are second to none. And he's a prince of a guy. I have never seen a car he's selling and thought to myself, That's a crazy price--he's never going to get that, which is something I find myself saying often at many other dealers.

If you ever find yourself in his neck of the woods, do yourself a favor and visit him.
I stopped in at his dealer about a year ago to check out one of the 964’s and 993’s he had for sale. I agree wholeheartedly that he was very forthcoming with details o the cars and his descriptions are accurate. His pricing is also spot on which explains the quick turnover.

Originally Posted by Matt Andrews
Tarek has a white with tan '94 coming up for sale soon. I saw it yesterday. Looked like a solid car.
I saw some early pictures of it and it looks very nice. I debated buying it and selling my Targa but that was predicated on getting a high price for my Targa to justify selling it. Kinda glad I didn’t follow through with trying to sell the Targa, the more I think about it I don’t know that I would actually prefer a coupe as I’m not tracking my cars.
The following users liked this post:
HelpMeHelpU (10-28-2020)
Old 10-22-2020, 07:15 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

I may take some heat for this but honestly I have a very hard time believing the mileage on this car. The wear and tear on the drivers seat, foot pad on the carpet, other interior trim, engine bay, undercarriage and paint place it as a much higher mileage car, maybe as much as 75k miles or more. The paint does look devoid of the usual rock chips in front but a respray could easily address it. The rear center bumper was definitely resprayed, you can see the S/N tag covered by the paint. If anyone is seriously considering it I would request paint meter readings and get a PPI.

EDIT: As I look at it some more I’m very confident the right side rear quarter was repainted and possibly more. I also just noticed the respray of the rear quarter and front bumper were mentioned in the description.

Last edited by Marine Blue; 10-22-2020 at 07:28 PM.
9SIX4-C4 (10-26-2020)
Old 10-22-2020, 07:37 PM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 404 Likes on 237 Posts

Linen leather shows wear pretty easily, and the mileage records on the carfax support the odometer reading
Old 10-22-2020, 08:05 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spartansix
Linen leather shows wear pretty easily, and the mileage records on the carfax support the odometer reading
I agree the Carfax doesn’t have large gaps other than from 1994 to 2000. As far as Linen wearing faster, I disagree. The problem with Linen is that it shows dirt far easier than other colors but this can be cleaned and the leather comes out perfect. My 90 928 GT had a Linen interior and 29k miles when I bought, other than being dirty there were very few scratches and no wear on the seats, driver seat looked as good as the passenger. Carpets were equally new looking, zero wear on them.

I stand behind my original comment on this car.

Last edited by Marine Blue; 10-22-2020 at 09:14 PM.
9SIX4-C4 (10-26-2020)
Old 10-25-2020, 02:35 PM
jmesh
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw the 21k mile BaT car yesterday at a local Porsche gathering. You all will have better comments on paint repair, etc, than I will, but I can say it's the first air cooled 911 I've seen that smelled like leather and not oil. I love the color, too. It's got lots of scratches, as noted in the pictures, and the owner posted yesterday that it appears to have been repainted. That certainly brings up some questions. But the owner seemed genuine and I think he's representing it honestly.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:11 PM
paul-hb
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Paul at AK is one of the best in the business. His car descriptions are second to none. And he's a prince of a guy. I have never seen a car he's selling and thought to myself, That's a crazy price--he's never going to get that, which is something I find myself saying often at many other dealers.

If you ever find yourself in his neck of the woods, do yourself a favor and visit him.
Thank you for the kind words. I do appreciate it very much.

-Paul
The following 2 users liked this post by paul-hb:
9SIX4-C4 (10-26-2020), HelpMeHelpU (10-28-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 11:08 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,237 Posts

It would be next to impossible to say for sure if the odo was played with. Unless the bezel shows signs of tampering, I have seen far too many of these have the odo pulled or swapped out each time it goes to inspection. It is a great color combo. I do find it odd that the car had a full respray, which was clear in the pictures, with so few miles but I have seen 13k mile turbos with full resprays as well. What I do see is some possible neglect (wear and tear) in areas that might be the reason it looks like more miles than it has or a bit more than the odo reads but nothing like some I have seen that read 40k miles and clearly the car has well over 100k. Not in this case but it might be higher than the 21k but I am speculating. If there was some tampering with the odo by prior owners it would be hard to prove although it is a shame outward condition doesn't reflect the miles shown.

Worth further investigation IMO.

FYI leather has no smell. The smell is from the dyes and treatments used and can be purchased in a can to give cars that new smell. I am not saying that is the case here.

I do find it odd that it has two option stickers under the hood. Clearly one is not factory.

Last edited by cobalt; 10-26-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:04 PM
Jeff Brady
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 🔥 On Fire - Singer

8 years ago . . Singer on fire. Time flies. Rob and Maz are genius.

Originally Posted by cobalt
It would be next to impossible to say for sure if the odo was played with. Unless the bezel shows signs of tampering, I have seen far too many of these have the odo pulled or swapped out each time it goes to inspection. It is a great color combo. I do find it odd that the car had a full respray, which was clear in the pictures, with so few miles but I have seen 13k mile turbos with full resprays as well. What I do see is some possible neglect (wear and tear) in areas that might be the reason it looks like more miles than it has or a bit more than the odo reads but nothing like some I have seen that read 40k miles and clearly the car has well over 100k. Not in this case but it might be higher than the 21k but I am speculating. If there was some tampering with the odo by prior owners it would be hard to prove although it is a shame outward condition doesn't reflect the miles shown.

Worth further investigation IMO.

FYI leather has no smell. The smell is from the dyes and treatments used and can be purchased in a can to give cars that new smell. I am not saying that is the case here.

I do find it odd that it has two option stickers under the hood. Clearly one is not factory.
Rev 964 (10-27-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 04:38 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts

@cobalt speaking of leather treatments, what DIY product would you recommend to give my 964 interior a good clean moisturizing refresh session? I'm a bit tired of paying for external services that only last a few weeks. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:18 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
@cobalt speaking of leather treatments, what DIY product would you recommend to give my 964 interior a good clean moisturizing refresh session? I'm a bit tired of paying for external services that only last a few weeks. Thanks.

Neatsfoot Oil is a no frills leather rejuvenator oil. Rotate in other stuff like Leatherique or Lexol if you want to add in that "car leather" smell.

Amazon Amazon
Rev 964 (10-27-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 05:28 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Thank you, @chsu74 Used leatherique on the MB and smell is a bit overpowering when I go inside for the first time after a week or so. Will try the Neatsfoot and see what she says. I like to drive the 964 windows down to hear the exhaust note.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:32 PM
L39E
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
Color-Plus, I had amazing results. Even if you don’t need to do the sanding and dying, their “Soffener” product is an awesome deep conditioner. I was able to rehab worn bolsters and they look great. Couple photos below from before and during the job. They look even better now almost a year later.

https://colorplus.com/

Before

After

Old 10-26-2020, 05:37 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

@L39E ...those blues...... Thanks for the info. Will see what they have.
Rev 964 (10-27-2020)
Old 10-27-2020, 09:20 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,237 Posts

I second Color plus. I use them exclusively and IMO the best.
Old 10-27-2020, 01:41 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

I guess Color Plus it is. Thank you Gentlemen..!

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale