Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 10:34 AM
JesusFast
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts

Who cares.

What does it matter? The dude bought a car and it wasn't to his liking and now hes selling it... End of story.

If the seller is that butt hurt about about it.. Take it back then..
Old 10-01-2019, 01:47 AM
motobri
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Thoughts on this one?

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1163195

Educate me on cons/cautions of early year 964 cars.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:05 AM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by motobri
Thoughts on this one?

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1163195

Educate me on cons/cautions of early year 964 cars.

White Targa is a dealer pausing as a private seller he also has it on pca, asked him for pics and it looks trashed. If you are looking for a 964 there are a couple of trusted members who are also dealers especially @Holtmotorsports & @Tarek307 all depends on your budget and the level of car you want.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:55 PM
JesusFast
Rennlist Member

Originally put it up as a feeler.

But I think it time to work on the Dad's old 911 and build/put together my proper 911
It's a great driver with a recent work done.

Click here for sexy car stuff!
Old 10-03-2019, 01:59 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 997Pilot
White Targa is a dealer pausing as a private seller he also has it on pca, asked him for pics and it looks trashed. If you are looking for a 964 there are a couple of trusted members who are also dealers especially @Holtmotorsports & @Tarek307 all depends on your budget and the level of car you want.

LoL Holt and Tarek are worlds apart in their reps and the cars they sell.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:05 PM
SP2000
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JesusFast
Who cares.

What does it matter? The dude bought a car and it wasn't to his liking and now hes selling it... End of story.

If the seller is that butt hurt about about it.. Take it back then..
There's that saying that when you buy a car you're buying the seller as much as the car. In this case the seller sounds shady. So you're buying a dhady seller.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:10 PM
JesusFast
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SP2000
There's that saying that when you buy a car you're buying the seller as much as the car. In this case the seller sounds shady. So you're buying a dhady seller.
Sounds like he just doesn't want the car.

If someone buys my car and turns around and sells it... Guess what.. that is his or business.

I'm sure there's more to this story.. I just don't get why people are putting him on blast for selling a car.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:12 PM
QueueCumber
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

There's that saying that when you buy a car you're buying the seller as much as the car.
While there is truth to that saying, it’s also a great way for dealers to cut individuals selling their own cars out of the market and inflate pricing.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:14 PM
SP2000
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

It's no the selling. It's the pretending to really really really want the car and then flipping it. It's a free country, buy and sell all the cars you want. But if you make things up and pass ourself off as something you're not people will call you out on it. That's all.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:20 PM
JesusFast
Rennlist Member

It's no the selling. It's the pretending to really really really want the car and then flipping it. It's a free country, buy and sell all the cars you want. But if you make things up and pass ourself off as something you're not people will call you out on it. That's all.
The seller wanted it gone. No one forces you into selling anything..

What did he make up? what did he try and pass himself off as?

*For the record my tone is upbeat.*
Old 10-03-2019, 02:25 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 668 Posts

"pass himself off as" might not be the best way to describe it,.... but I can also chime in and say that I read the words he used too. When a buyer starts using words like "forever car", wanted this specific car forever,... blah blah blah,... then yea, I agree that an immediate flip makes everyone think "used car sales guy who will say anything to make a buck".
Old 10-03-2019, 02:35 PM
JesusFast
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bweSteve
"pass himself off as" might not be the best way to describe it,.... but I can also chime in and say that I read the words he used too. When a buyer starts using words like "forever car", wanted this specific car forever,... blah blah blah,... then yea, I agree that an immediate flip makes everyone think "used car sales guy who will say anything to make a buck".

Ok, I get what you're saying.
But, when you buy a car unseen.. **** happens.. when a seller is not 100% honest.. **** happens.

If I was looking for a "forever" Car.. and It got to me and I wasn't happy. Guess what.. That thing is gone!

People buy and sell for all types a reasons. (good or bad)

I just don't think we know everything.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:20 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by JesusFast
Ok, I get what you're saying.
But, when you buy a car unseen.. **** happens.. when a seller is not 100% honest.. **** happens.

If I was looking for a "forever" Car.. and It got to me and I wasn't happy. Guess what.. That thing is gone!

People buy and sell for all types a reasons. (good or bad)

I just don't think we know everything.

We don't really know what the buyer or seller completely said.... As I said earlier, I know the seller, I've done business with him, he's a stand up guy. I bought a 964 from him in Aug sight unseen and my client was very happy with the car. He told me all about the green car and also said he was not sure he wanted to sell it yet. I had a full set of photos on the car and a very clear understanding of what the car was. I would be very surprised if the seller was deceptive at all.
The following users liked this post:
9SIX4-C4 (10-03-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 04:15 PM
JesusFast
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Trader220
We don't really know what the buyer or seller completely said.... As I said earlier, I know the seller, I've done business with him, he's a stand up guy. I bought a 964 from him in Aug sight unseen and my client was very happy with the car. He told me all about the green car and also said he was not sure he wanted to sell it yet. I had a full set of photos on the car and a very clear understanding of what the car was. I would be very surprised if the seller was deceptive at all.

Something just seem fishy.

If the seller didn't want to sell it in the first place.. Why did he sell it? or if he was offered the car back, why didn't he take it back?

Like I said before.. I'm sure there's a lot that we don't know. I don't think anyone is able to speak on anyone's behalf.

End of story. I hope everything works out for everyone.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:28 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,104 Posts

Originally Posted by 997Pilot
I asked for pics and got them, 100% comes off as a dealer.

LoL Holt and Tarek are worlds apart in their reps and the cars they sell.
That's a bullish!t comment. See your beef with Tarek continues. Did he kick you in the face when you were younger? not sure what could explain the constant jabs...

Anyone with 2 eyeballs that function correctly and looks at the pics knows the car at asking is probably ALL the money in it. The car isn't great. But he's also not asking a ton for it. So guess that makes seller honest. Car will need $ spent to make it decent. As long as buyer realizes that, all good, but the bigger issue and the compare with Tarek here kinda bugs me. He's very up front with any issues in the cars he sells. Don't see so much in that seller's post. And no, Tarek doesn't post for sale here as Rennlist charges a massive extortion fee for dealers. Which that poster SHOULD be paying.

here's the white Targa ad:
One of only 158 produced for the US, this rare 1990 Porsche 964 C2 Targa is finished in all of it's original Gran Prix White exterior over original Black leather interior and is powered by it's original 3.6L flat-six paired with a 5-speed manual transmission. 129k documented miles. Engine runs very strong and transmission shifts smoothly. Just passed CA emissions test. Cup alloy wheels. California ownership since new. Detailed service records, original window sticker, original purchase invoice, tool kit, clean CarFax. California smog certificate and a clear California title. PM for over 150 additional photos.

SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale