Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 08:55 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
If you want a nice one that is the buy in. Very different cars from the N/A 964 and IMO worth it if you have the $$. I would be hard pressed to sell my C2 but it would go long before the turbo. The C2 is a more interactive and engaging car but the turbo is a rush to drive. I always climb in and say why do I still own this then I drive it for a while and I remember.

Nice example reasonable price for the miles but Metallic black is almost as common as white and usually doesn't help. People usually want unique and rare colors with these cars.
I understand the thought process and would take that knowledge any day. Thanks @cobalt
Old 09-21-2019, 10:42 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by 997Pilot
I still don’t understand how almost every car he gets sells so fast once he offers it up, he had a 92 Targa i was eying for 4 months he wouldn’t sell it and last week out of nowhere he lists it and it was gone in 3 hours.
@TAREK has a large social media following. Like you and myself some of his cars are scoped out while he still has them in use before offering them for sale. To selected followers he previews the cars before putting them up for sale. That is why when the listing finally comes up, usually they only last a few hours. I am not a dealer or broker, but I understand the business model of preferring a buyer’s instant cash deposit upon posting, as opposed to investing the time and effort on showings, PPIs, back and forth with multiple questions and so on. Tarek always has nice and sorted drivers, that is what they are, you get what you pay for, so if one is tire kicking or used to the private seller model where a transaction takes it time, weeks, PPI, multiple exchanges etc. then his seller style may not work for you. I wish i would have known this years ago when I first contacted him about a white 964 Targa he was selling. Did not know better, he sold the car for $42K, same exact car sold a few months ago at a dealer for $73K with no improvements or mods. Can’t turn the clock back but if Tarek finally gets his hands around that unique car I am looking for, he’d have a deposit in his account before he gets the call that it was sent. I suggest all here do the same if any of his offerings are of interest. SOLD!
The following users liked this post:
964Luftballoon (09-21-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 06:01 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Anyone see this yet? Probably sold already consisting the price and rarity of the color combo:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sg...983227095.html
Old 09-27-2019, 07:18 PM
L39E
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 132 Posts

Gone. What was it?

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
Anyone see this yet? Probably sold already consisting the price and rarity of the color combo:

Old 09-27-2019, 07:27 PM
SP2000
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

It was there 20 mins ago
Old 09-27-2019, 08:03 PM
stutt911
Banned

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh

Big story car, not many oak greens out there called and turns out the entire rear fender was replaced on the car and it has theft on its carfax not sure if salvaged or clean title. The guy that Listed it is one of those social media photographers “cooledcollective” on the gram and just bought it trying to flip it, he got the car and claimed it wasn’t as described and wanted to get idea of how much refund from seller he should ask for or if he should return it to the seller , at least that’s his story. Not a car Or story I would touch at $55,000, the strangest thing is the original owner that sold to this instagrammer here in LA is a well known porsche guy out of North Carolina so it all just doesn’t add up. It probably got deleted because it was posted here on the forums.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:25 PM
TxnBluDvl
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

That sounds like the Oak Green 964 that was listed on Pelican right before Monterey Car Week:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...l#post10556652

The seller of this car noted it was in an accident and had major work done.

EDIT: Looks like it’s not the car being discussed. What are the chances. Two Oak Green 964’s for sale in LA in the same month!

Last edited by TxnBluDvl; 09-27-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:41 PM
_Remi
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Interesting story but I did not connect the dots because the one on craigslist did not have sports seats (that said, easy to swap of course). CooledCollective has removed pretty much all photos of the car, that's too bad, he's a proper 964 fan.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:54 PM
stutt911
Banned

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by _Remi
Interesting story but I did not connect the dots because the one on craigslist did not have sports seats (that said, easy to swap of course). CooledCollective has removed pretty much all photos of the car, that's too bad, he's a proper 964 fan.

Few people at cars and coffee were discussing this over the weekend, many know the seller from NC and he’s a respectable guy in the porsche community there , basically the seller didn’t really want to sell it, cooledcollective Andrew rushed him to sell the car, never got a PPI or had it checked out then when it arrived he didn’t like it and is trying to send it back to him or flip it for more money. Personally I think it was a flip rite from the beginning for cooledcollective but went south for him because he had a white C2 for a short time and flipped it rite away.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:12 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

I read the ad on the oak green and it doesn’t appear anything was being hidden or held back but at $55k it is on the high side considering the history, mileage and remaining work it needed.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:06 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by stutt911
Few people at cars and coffee were discussing this over the weekend, many know the seller from NC and he’s a respectable guy in the porsche community there , basically the seller didn’t really want to sell it, cooledcollective Andrew rushed him to sell the car, never got a PPI or had it checked out then when it arrived he didn’t like it and is trying to send it back to him or flip it for more money. Personally I think it was a flip rite from the beginning for cooledcollective but went south for him because he had a white C2 for a short time and flipped it rite away.
Caveat Emptor. I'm sure that car isn't too tough to sell / flip.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:19 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I know the seller in NC and he is a stand up guy and a well respected guy in the Porsche community. I also know he wasn't really looking to sell the car. I've done business with him in the past, the car I purchased was sight unseen and just as described. I would be very very surprised to hear he was not totally forthcoming about the car. He and I briefly discussed the car about six weeks ago. Again, he was very forthcoming about exactly what the car was.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:12 PM
Prototyp1
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by stutt911
Big story car, not many oak greens out there called and turns out the entire rear fender was replaced on the car and it has theft on its carfax not sure if salvaged or clean title. The guy that Listed it is one of those social media photographers “cooledcollective” on the gram and just bought it trying to flip it, he got the car and claimed it wasn’t as described and wanted to get idea of how much refund from seller he should ask for or if he should return it to the seller , at least that’s his story. Not a car Or story I would touch at $55,000, the strangest thing is the original owner that sold to this instagrammer here in LA is a well known porsche guy out of North Carolina so it all just doesn’t add up. It probably got deleted because it was posted here on the forums.
Instagrammer lol. Don't understand these guys. All trying hard to shamelessly market themselves. Really passionate or just trying to get famous so that they can get in deeper into the flipper game? Not the first time he's done that. Always has a story looking for a forever keeper yet to flip it short after the cars arrived.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:35 AM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Prototyp1
Instagrammer lol. Don't understand these guys. All trying hard to shamelessly market themselves. Really passionate or just trying to get famous so that they can get in deeper into the flipper game? Not the first time he's done that. Always has a story looking for a forever keeper yet to flip it short after the cars arrived.
exactly...I’m sure it’ll hit BAT soon. And it’s also funny how much the guy posted about being so happy to have been allowed to buy it and “back in the 964 game” 🙄 only to then decide to flip it.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:39 PM
QueueCumber
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Prototyp1
I’m guessing there are as many motives/intentions for IGing as there are IGers. Myself, I started out just wanting to take new and interesting photos of things I enjoyed collecting. Eventually there are no new photos or perspectives to take anymore, and the whole process becomes rote and disengaging (thus, why I don’t post much anymore). Any market created to flip items I collected was an unintended consequence of doing something I really enjoyed for a period of time.

Of course, it doesn’t help that IG algorithm is crap now and doesn’t allow for building up a strong following like the pre-Facebook days...

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale