Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 12:35 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

The market hasn’t cooled IMHO but it has settled down. Buyers are hopefully using a bit more common sense when looking at drivers. 964’s that have had the proper mechanical updates done already are doing fine in the market but sellers that are trying to get a premium for a car that needs $15k minimum in updates are sitting on the market and rightfully so.

As I’ve previously noted, I’m actively looking for a nice coupe in something other than Red, White and Black and I can state for a fact that for what I’m looking for the prices are in the $80’s and selling quickly. The Horizon Blue at Holt is a prime example of this, it was listed just last week and it’s already pending.
The following users liked this post:
911Jetta (09-06-2019)
Old 09-06-2019, 02:13 PM
baxtergrand
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trader220
Love the color. The price is a joke. I would also suggest that you do your research on RMC and understand what you're getting into. Not saying you can't buy from them but proceed with caution. Their description is wrong. Its more like a 4 owner car not a two and its changed hands a couple times in the last two years without being driven more than a few hundred miles. For $76k with over 100k on the car they can keep it, and they probably will for a long long time unless they get more realistic with the price.
Originally Posted by clubrcr
I think that car has been discussed on this thread. Do a little research, there was one Tahoe blue 964 that was hit in the rear and then misrepresented by the seller. This could be the one.
Originally Posted by Trader220
That car was at RMC they sold it to Abreu and the car is still listed for sale at Abreu. The one now at RMC is a different car.
Thanks SO MUCH for the insight! Saved me a lot of pain. Looks like I'll be giving Tim a call soon.
911Jetta (09-06-2019)
Old 09-06-2019, 03:55 PM
lcrain
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
The market hasn’t cooled IMHO but it has settled down. Buyers are hopefully using a bit more common sense when looking at drivers. 964’s that have had the proper mechanical updates done already are doing fine in the market but sellers that are trying to get a premium for a car that needs $15k minimum in updates are sitting on the market and rightfully so.

As I’ve previously noted, I’m actively looking for a nice coupe in something other than Red, White and Black and I can state for a fact that for what I’m looking for the prices are in the $80’s and selling quickly. The Horizon Blue at Holt is a prime example of this, it was listed just last week and it’s already pending.
If you are ok with higher miles, I can connect you with the seller of this car that did not meet reserve on BAT. I have seen it, it looks amazing. Seller is an enthusiast and very accommodating. Not positive he still has it, but I imagine he does.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-28/
Old 09-06-2019, 04:12 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lcrain
If you are ok with higher miles, I can connect you with the seller of this car that did not meet reserve on BAT. I have seen it, it looks amazing. Seller is an enthusiast and very accommodating. Not positive he still has it, but I imagine he does.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-28/
Thanks for the offer. I’m actually looking for a C2 Coupe with less than 85k miles and mostly original. Something that with some proper detailing and replacing parts here and there can become a concours winning car.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:21 PM
lcrain
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Thanks for the offer. I’m actually looking for a C2 Coupe with less than 85k miles and mostly original. Something that with some proper detailing and replacing parts here and there can become a concours winning car.
Good luck with the hunt!
Old 09-06-2019, 04:24 PM
SHRMN8TR
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Spoke with Abreu only over text, but he does have a few 964's, lower miles. https://clients.automanager.com/0203...1&make=Porsche . Review online are mixed. But worth a shot to talk to him? He was pretty quick at responding.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:50 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 149 Posts

Anyone know what the asking price was for that blue one at Holt?
Old 09-06-2019, 10:37 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wru
Anyone know what the asking price was for that blue one at Holt?
$87K
Old 09-06-2019, 10:41 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lcrain
Good luck with the hunt!
Thanks, I’m going to need it!

Originally Posted by SHRMN8TR
Spoke with Abreu only over text, but he does have a few 964's, lower miles. https://clients.automanager.com/0203...1&make=Porsche . Review online are mixed. But worth a shot to talk to him? He was pretty quick at responding.
I’ve also spoken with Abreu about some of their cars and I would have pulled the trigger on a couple if I wasn’t living in CA. His prices seem fair and reflect ho much work (or not) the car will need to make it perfect. California unfortunately makes importing Euro’s a costly endeavor so the car really has to be worthy of a premium or bought at a very low price to justify it.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:05 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Holtmotorsports
As always thanks for the kind words folks!
Looking like the horizon car is going to a very special collection in the mid-west (currently its more of a personal museum from what I gather).
We've sold them some amazing cars over the past few years and there was talks of actually opening it to the public but not exactly sure where they're at with that plan yet.
Anyone locals heading to the the radnor concours? If I don't see ya there, or you're not local, have a great weekend everyone!
Going to be there tomorrow in my 993 cab and Sunday in my GT3T. I will try to find you and say hi. Always nice to meet another local.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:55 AM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 246 Posts

I just posted for sale a Branded Titled red 1990 C4 with 68k+ original miles. Owned by a friend's parent the dad hit a tree in 1998 and got everything fixed. Need help in posting photos if you can send me your email. There's a black & white photo of the original extent of the frontal damage. Here's my email gauditec@yahoo.com.
I am thinking of making it a great DD after my Cup Car is gone in a few weeks without fear of street craziness but again the wifey got in the way due to too many toys. Currently has a 993 side mirrors and turbo twist wheels. Going to an indy shop on Monday for going over. Price is OBO

Last edited by 2swoosh; 09-07-2019 at 10:30 AM. Reason: typos
Old 09-09-2019, 12:04 AM
SP2000
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 2swoosh
Save your cash as a recession is looming according to the economic experts there might be some great scores ahead if you have the liquid.
Experts have accurately predicted 9 of the last 2 recessions. The last recession we had in 07-08 came when every expert was saying "what me worry?". That's how these things work, when everyone is sure a recession is coming, it doesn't happen. When everyone is sure everything's great, that's when they happen.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:34 AM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 246 Posts
Default rece....

Originally Posted by SP2000
Experts have accurately predicted 9 of the last 2 recessions. The last recession we had in 07-08 came when every expert was saying "what me worry?". That's how these things work, when everyone is sure a recession is coming, it doesn't happen. When everyone is sure everything's great, that's when they happen.
You're exactly right and it might be embarrassing but I was a victim of that date not a lot but substantial and a great wake up call not to put all your eggs in one basket. Cars and real estate are decent alternatives if you find a hidden gem.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:22 AM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Cars are a really poor place to have your investment dollars during a recession, in fact they're a poor investment in general.
NACHTBLAU (09-09-2019)
Old 09-09-2019, 10:59 AM
LAcarguy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SP2000
When there is blood on the streets, buy real estate.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale