Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 924/944 today

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 04:11 AM
PerceptionProblem
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After putting a new engine and transaxle in over the course of the last twoo and a half weeks, I put some coolant in the radiator, only to find it leaking like mad. :-( So I managed to find myself one that isn't leaky and swapped that it.

Tomorrow, I hand-crank it a few times to get the oil in the proper areas, then hook up the battery and give her a good turn or two. Pray with me 'Listers, and expect videos.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:49 PM
luftpirate
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drove it for the first time in a year beyond the driveway. Realized my dash cover has warped to hell and back in just over a year, even with a car cover.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:57 PM
carbongecko
Rennlist Member

bought new door panels for my 951. and by new i mean used good condition ones.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:29 PM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I picked it up from the shop. They repaired my A/C system (a new switch, relay, and some freon were all it needed) and installed a resonator on my exhaust

Both changes were HUGE - cool air makes driving my car on the streets so much more pleasant and the resonator really improved the exhaust tone (and made it a little quieter). I'm taking it up to Watkins Glen in a couple weeks, and I'll be sure to get video there to capture the new tone (I'll have the A/C system turned off on the track obviously, so you'll just have to trust me that it's a big improvement!)
Old 08-07-2011, 01:41 AM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drove it 120 miles or so after replacing the tt bearings and fixing the exhaust rattle.

The car sounds, runs, and drives perfectly BUT the drivers side mirror glass fell out and broke.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Severian
Rennlist Member

Upgraded the shift lever, shift ****, and boot.

The height of the lever can be adjusted and I still need to find the right feel.

It's a great improvement over the worn original, but I would like to add a short shift kit to the rear to get it more precise.

Any recommendations?
Old 08-07-2011, 05:18 PM
carbongecko
Rennlist Member

so i just did three things today, replaced the shattered odometer gear, then swapped out all the instrument lights with led ones, and finally swapped out two of the faceplates so the porsche finally shows true.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Arominus
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I pulled the quarter windows so i could get to the rear speakers, i ended up swapping the old school panasonics that were back there (with only one screw holding them in, wtf) to the front and ditching the "pyle" 4x6's that were terribly quiet compared to the efficent panasonics. I reinstalled the boston rally rc51 components in the rear speaker position that were in my 924s. They run off head unit power pretty well and are a major upgrade. I have a custom made plate that mounts the tweeter where the 4x6 used to go and i modded the stock fill plate to take the 5 1/4". While i had the panel off I pulled the cover over the gas filler and checked for bad hoses, nothing jumped out at me but i replaced the sleeve that interfaces the filler tube with the body as the original was falling apart. It helped my gas vapor smell some but did not totally eliminate it. The transaxle and gas tank will need to come out so i can replace every single line back there. Fun.

After getting everything back together i drove it about 15 miles running some errands. I got out at home and smelled major antifreeze. On further investigation i found that one of the heater hoses or the heater valve is leaking at the back of the motor. I ordered a full coolant hose set and a heater valve last week, I guess the car couldn't wait :P Ill be riding my bicycle to work for a few days while i wait for the parts to show up.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:14 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Completed on Friday... recovering this in new vinyl I am sure shortened my life by a few years... but it is pretty!
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2011, 11:47 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

new coolant

blue pentosin looks tasty.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:16 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I fitted a under tray to my front spoiler/bumper. I also touched up the gravel rash, that had occurred by not having one, and most of the stone chips, while I was there. I also adjusted the post that secure rear hatch which totally got rid of the rattle I had, and now my hatch release actually works(thanks Clarks garage).

I tightened the hand brake bracket, and gave the roof and bonnet a coat of Zymol Titanium(looks awesome and well worth the money IMO). I also treated interior to some zymol leather conditioner.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:18 AM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

Walked past it.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:11 AM
bad_monkey
Racer

Late update, but on the weekend I installed new shift lever but the shift rod seems to have some wear too

Deleted broken power aerial, and fitted grommet. Deleted rear wiper and fitted plug. Deleted last bit of sound deadening under the heater core. Installed coreflute floor panels in the passenger area - superlight.

Then I glued in my appbiz carpet + rear seat delete. Ran through another can of Ados spray glue. Most of it probably inside my nose.

90% in - having some issues as I've deleted so much sound deadening. The problem is that mostly over the wheel arches in the back. The 2 bits I have left don't seem symmetrical - might just make up 2 new bits with the spare binding bob @ appbiz sent me.

Looks good with the grey alcantara roof liner. Need to work out whether or not to use my bondo'd dash. The other option is spraying the dash dark grey with SEM colorcoat. Door card need made up. Will be

Final look should be better than the brown early look, and minimalist without being fully stripped.

Still waiting on BBS wheels, clear euro sidemarkers, and bling shiftknob.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:16 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 662 Likes on 515 Posts

peeled off 2 stone guards in preparation for paint, only to realize later that my 'paint money' has to be used for something else...
Old 08-19-2011, 11:50 AM
andys-944
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Driving it this week, Tuesday picked up a new table work station for the office in it, dealer was amazed it fitted and Wednesday brought the old outboard from the boat back home in the back can't do that in a boxster / 911

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 924/944 today