Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2023, 06:06 PM
J-Rod
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Damisin
Try calling Olsen Motorsports. I made an appointment with them to have the dealer bring the car in on Monday, before deciding to pursue another vehicle instead.

I called multiple shops around the Chicago area, and none of them except Olsen have availability for a PPI for this week.

Good luck! It’s a great price if the PPI comes back clean.
I took your slot today. Thanks again for the recommendation!
The following users liked this post:
SockToy (09-12-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 12:00 AM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 88 Posts

Anyone know this car?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/5...-22f8adec13e4/

Old 09-14-2023, 05:54 AM
superoo
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

should I be a little more patient?
I started tracking used gts4.0s since the spring, and between July and now September, 3 months, I have seen less than a handful of my saved listings close out (think more gt4s moved though) and simultaneously a bunch that were at the 120ks (2021s-2022s) have now dropped to 109-112ks... and none of them have closed listings yet for the past 6-7days still..that feels like a pretty steep drop for 3 months? (these are like creeping up to 90days on the lot)
clean cars, not tracking any other status here.
would like to feel around for any thoughts, i know rates have gone up still and it is a seller's market still, isn't the gts4.0 highly sought after? and should be holding near msrp? what are these gts4.0s really worth/being closed at? cause I know these prices are all just list askings...
so at this rate, come Xmas to meet EOY quotas, these gts4.0s will drop to 90ks? that's another 8-10k in another 3months if it is so.
been shopping gts4.0 hoping that they're liquid, but seeing these is making me think again.. :l

Last edited by superoo; 09-14-2023 at 06:00 AM.
Old 09-14-2023, 08:01 AM
quattroatl
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesrg
I don’t know the car, but the price seems unusually low compared to other listings. It’s also been for sale longer than other Spyders in the area it seems.
Old 09-14-2023, 08:04 AM
quattroatl
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 17 Posts

I don’t know the car, but the price seems unusually low compared to other listings. It’s also been for sale longer than other Spyders in the area it seems.

edit: it has a minor carfax report. That’s why it is priced lower. If it was just a rear bumper, then I would consider it. But it appears that the entire driver’s side has been painted. I wouldn’t touch that car.

Last edited by quattroatl; 09-14-2023 at 08:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by quattroatl:
EXFIB (09-14-2023), jamesrg (09-14-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 09:44 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by quattroatl

edit: it has a minor carfax report. That’s why it is priced lower. If it was just a rear bumper, then I would consider it. But it appears that the entire driver’s side has been painted. I wouldn’t touch that car.
How did you get this accident/repair information?
Old 09-14-2023, 10:10 AM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2023, 10:29 AM
ADC1
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Looks like this went through auction in June 2023 and sold for $111,600. That doesn't include fees and transportation.
jamesrg (09-14-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 10:48 AM
PTSFX
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by quattroatl

It also has relatively high mileage, all things considered, at about 8k/year, when the norm seems to be well under 5k/year. At some point it will get too cheap to pass up - somewhere in the low teens I imagine.
Old 09-14-2023, 10:52 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,578 Likes on 2,678 Posts

Originally Posted by PUNKT2
It also has relatively high mileage, all things considered, at about 8k/year, when the norm seems to be well under 5k/year. At some point it will get too cheap to pass up - somewhere in the low teens I imagine.
There must be a lot of people out there who don't drive their car very much...sad!

Saving it for the next guy I suppose.
MechEngr1287 (09-14-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 11:18 AM
PTSFX
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
There must be a lot of people out there who don't drive their car very much...sad!

Saving it for the next guy I suppose.
Certainly the case with cars that don’t make ideal daily drivers. If you wanted to daily this motor in a Boxster, the GTS 4.0 would be a much better choice, given the convenience of the fully-automated roof alone. For the majority of owners, these are their second (or third) cars, so unsurprising that most of them only see one 40-mile cruise per week, and then only if the weather is nice.

For most people buying these cars, spending an extra $20k on a car has no impact on their day-to-day life - many wouldn’t even notice that amount of money missing from their bank accounts. So if the money doesn’t matter, they’d rather have a more pristine car. Hence why a higher mileage car that has had three body panels repainted is going to sit. The likely buyer of that car is going to be someone that is stretching their budget a little bit, with most Spyder’s beyond their reach, so they have no choice but to make a compromise and look past the mileage and respray.

Not that there is anything wrong with that - I bought the highest-mileage, least expensive used Boxster in the country five years ago because it was all I could afford at the time. So I speak from experience.
MechEngr1287 (09-14-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 11:25 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PUNKT2
Certainly the case with cars that don’t make ideal daily drivers. If you wanted to daily this motor in a Boxster, the GTS 4.0 would be a much better choice, given the convenience of the fully-automated roof alone. For the majority of owners, these are their second (or third) cars, so unsurprising that most of them only see one 40-mile cruise per week, and then only if the weather is nice.

For most people buying these cars, spending an extra $20k on a car has no impact on their day-to-day life - many wouldn’t even notice that amount of money missing from their bank accounts. So if the money doesn’t matter, they’d rather have a more pristine car. Hence why a higher mileage car that has had three body panels repainted is going to sit. The likely buyer of that car is going to be someone that is stretching their budget a little bit, with most Spyder’s beyond their reach, so they have no choice but to make a compromise and look past the mileage and respray.

Not that there is anything wrong with that - I bought the highest-mileage, least expensive used Boxster in the country five years ago because it was all I could afford at the time. So I speak from experience.
My comments were regarding buying a car and letting it sit, something I don't do because I am not in a position to have a 'collection'... I buy the car to enjoy at every opportunity!

Regarding the Spyder that has been repaired, a different discussion, perhaps somebody keyed it and it wasn't in an accident at all?
Old 09-14-2023, 12:08 PM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the comments, a buddy is working on purchasing it (I already have my long term keeper Spyder tucked in the garage), he made the mistake of driving mine. The miles and minor repaint doesnt worry him. He wants to rack up the miles with me (I am at 9400 miles since the car was delivered less than a year ago and every single mile has been for fun, I daily a F150).

Thanks again for all the comments!

Last edited by jamesrg; 09-14-2023 at 12:14 PM.
tigerhonaker (09-14-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 12:15 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the comments, a buddy is working on purchasing it (I already have my long term keeper Spyder tucked in the garage), he made the mistake of driving mine. The miles and minor repaint doesnt worry him. He wants to rack up the miles with me (I am at 9400 miles since the car was delivered less than a year ago and every single mile has been for fun, I daily a F150).

Thanks again for all the comments!
Awesome James, drive the darn thing! I average 10k km a year, IMHO no point in having the Spyder to look at, you can't say you really drive a car if it only goes to C&C once a week.

And FWIW my other vehicle is a Sierra 1500, it is for trips and errands that involve things that won't fit in the trunk of the Spyder, that's all!
daaa nope (09-14-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 12:27 PM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Awesome James, drive the darn thing! I average 10k km a year, IMHO no point in having the Spyder to look at, you can't say you really drive a car if it only goes to C&C once a week.

And FWIW my other vehicle is a Sierra 1500, it is for trips and errands that involve things that won't fit in the trunk of the Spyder, that's all!
Heck yeah! I drive all my cars, just rolled over 200k on my 87. These cars are meant to be driven, and I am going to get my monies worth . Rather have memories and experiences than an extra 50k when I go to resell it when I get too old to get in and out of the bucket seats, lol.

Kinda like not having s3x with your significant other and saving it for the next person.

Quick Reply: New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale