Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2023, 09:24 AM
Range 44
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
You can’t compare an auction site to dealer prices.

Dealer prices are just asks; otherwise just pick one up via private sale or auction.

Spoiler alert, lot of private sellers think their car is priceless.

Really, are these just rhetorical questions. Go in and talk to a dealer, see what they say. My dealer had a GT4 on the floor couple weeks back for $149,999 and it’s not there now. Suspect they closed close to that.
I appreciate the insight. I am just trying to figure out real money on these before pulling the trigger. Seems the GT4 market may be softening a bit. Sometimes asking prices can prop a market up, but what people are closing on is a different story. They look like wonderful cars and look forward to owning one soon. 🤞
Old 09-02-2023, 03:09 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by Range 44
I appreciate the insight. I am just trying to figure out real money on these before pulling the trigger. Seems the GT4 market may be softening a bit. Sometimes asking prices can prop a market up, but what people are closing on is a different story. They look like wonderful cars and look forward to owning one soon. 🤞
These cars aren't going to go from 120k to 90k unless there is a large economic recession(then you have bigger problems). Can they go down 10k in the next year or so? Sure. If you're okay with that then don't spend 6months on the sidelines hoping for them to go down and just buy/enjoy now.
The following 3 users liked this post by cooler2442:
Clark_Kent (09-02-2023), MaddMike (09-02-2023), neteng101 (09-02-2023)
Old 09-03-2023, 05:26 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by Airbag997
718 PDK > Manual. Facts.
Lol. Yep. Just pure science right there. cough cough
Old 09-03-2023, 06:00 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 820 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by Airbag997
718 PDK > Manual. Facts.
718 PDK is heavier than manual, true statement.
The following users liked this post:
MaddMike (09-03-2023)
Old 09-03-2023, 06:56 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,797 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by skafia
718 PDK is heavier than manual, true statement.
If someone is trying to set track records then yes, a PDK is superior. For the enjoyment of driving or a car I actually want to own, manual all day everyday.
The following 2 users liked this post by MaddMike:
Klepper (09-06-2023), Track Junkie (09-11-2023)
Old 09-03-2023, 07:05 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by boss2k
How do you buy a car unseen ? How do you ensure the car is not in an accident ? I am in a similar situation on a certified boxster and have no issues related to mechanical piece as car is certified but not sure how to verify if the car is not involved in an accident / damage without a personal inspection
Well, how do you buy a car sight unseen? Since I'm the person that wrote this and did this, I've bought (now) two cars literally sight unseen--it takes a degree of faith, yes. The first time was a 2015 Corvette Stingray Convertible that I ordered for factory/museum delivery, and you have to pay for those cars in full before you pick them up. The car was as perfect as Corvettes could be. I had much less information about the paint and body on that car when I paid for it 2 weeks in advance, than I had on my 4.0.

The 718 GTS 4.0 gets here in 3-4 days and we'll all know. You do have to ask a lot of questions. This car was a Porsche Digital company car with 2518 miles and I'm buying from a Porsche dealer. I wouldn't touch a car being sold by a used car dealer or individual without seeing it.--frankly if it's been hit and repaired let's think about it. I've seen pictures of the car from all angles and even the undercarriage which looks as unmolested as is possible. So that likely rules out any major accident and I'm not worried about something minor. Also the car's been in service for 19 months, so that may minimize the risk of unreported accidents in CA. I'm betting no hits.

Furthermore, arctic silver metallic is not a hard color to paint and it will be invisible to anything other than a paint meter in the event some damage occurred and was R &R. I'm betting the car's fine. I don't know what I'd figure out from seeing the car in person, honestly on a car this new and clean.

And lastly, guess what? I'm not the only trusting person in the world buying cars. Yesterday a man from Iowa who was in Dallas visiting one of his sons, drives all the way out to East TX, looks at and buys my 67 Corvette Convertible for my full askiing price without driving it and didn't even ride in it with me driving. It never left the 4 post lift. Mine is not a museum numbers matching car--it's NOM. How could he do that? The horror. Because I told him everything wrong with the car, and let all the good speak for itself. For all he knows the car could wobble and creak all the way down the road, have crappy brakes and smoke like a freight train (it doesn't; it drives like it should and is a well screwed together 56 year old car). He trusted me and he did look the car over carefully to see if I misrepresented anything.

If the selling Porsche dealer hasn't been transparent with me (they told me it is perfect and sent me oodles of pictures that I asked for as confirmation), they're in a world of trouble from me--I'm a retired attorney who can do battle with best of them. I highly doubt a division of Porsche as the prior owner and PCNA is going to dump a steaming pile of poop on the used car market. They would have sent this car to auction as opposed to selling to the Porsche dealer that sold it to me. For example, I saw a preowned 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 for sale at a CT VW dealer which carfax disclosed was a lemon law repurchase in CA for air conditioning issues. That car isn't for sale by a Porsche dealer.
Check back with me next Friday. I'll tell you the good and bad. I'm not losing any sleep fearing that I've bought a POS. I'm excited and cannot wait to see and drive it

If anything doesn't pass the smell test, run (or get on a plane and check it out). Each person can decide what risks they're comfortable taking.
Old 09-04-2023, 03:28 AM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 754 Likes on 348 Posts

How much would you be willing to pay extra for a '23 GT4 with 300 miles that is optioned to your liking, but one that had a small accident at the factory, and had its bumper and right fender replaced (and painted without the rest of the car) - at the official shop at Stuttgart?
Old 09-04-2023, 02:59 PM
Eric11
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 35 Posts

does it show up on carfax? prob the only thing I'd care about for potential resale down the road
Old 09-04-2023, 03:01 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
How much would you be willing to pay extra for a '23 GT4 with 300 miles that is optioned to your liking, but one that had a small accident at the factory, and had its bumper and right fender replaced (and painted without the rest of the car) - at the official shop at Stuttgart?
How did you find this out? Just curious. Honestly money paid above sticker price is usually lost money anyway, eventually. In theory if it was painted at the factory the parts and paint quality should be the same as the rest of the car, and provided the color match is on target (presumably it would be), it's not materially different from a car that left the factory and got on the the boat without a small accident. Price-wise, maybe on par with what GT4's are going for. It's a seller's market. I'm betting the dealer isn't lowering their ADM much if at all. Let me guess, did the dealer sell it to the original owner, and now want to collect ADM from buyer #2 (you)?

Apples and oranges, but I looked at a '23 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 that was for sale by a dealer with less than 1,000 miles--we couldn't agree on price. They were around $2500 over sticker and I'm philosophically opposed to paying more than sticker, particularly to a dealer that sold this particular car to the original owner. Despite my aversion to paying ADM, I offered $750 over sticker, no more than $200 doc fee, and CPO included. Dealer came down, pulled CPO off the table and we were still about a grand apart when I walked. Dealer could not believe I "let that car go for $1,000". I said back, I cannot believe you let a cash buyer out the door for $1,000.

Everybody has to decide what their willing to pay for a car--if the price is worth it to you, I wouldn't sweat the paint issue unless it shows on carfax as Eric 11 pointed out. If it does it may chill a sale down the road. I personally passed on a car that CarFax said had minor front end damage (in an accident after sale).

Last edited by Paul S.; 09-04-2023 at 03:03 PM.
tigerhonaker (09-04-2023)
Old 09-04-2023, 06:35 PM
JY01
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche Ocala has a new 2023 CGTS4.0 on the lot. They're asking $10k ADM but willing to do MSRP for local customers.

https://www.porscheofocala.com/inven...d2a88pk271556/
Old 09-05-2023, 02:42 AM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 754 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric11
does it show up on carfax? prob the only thing I'd care about for potential resale down the road
it doesn't, seems like you guys really don't think it is a huge deal... nice to hear
Old 09-05-2023, 06:46 AM
Clark_Kent
Racer

Received 182 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
I wouldn't be concerned if the following items are true: The damage and/or repair doesn't show up on the CarFax (or similar), the repair is indistinguishable to the other parts of the vehicle (paint meter, eye test, etc.), and another buyer cannot find out about the damage and/or repair just as you have. It's also worth noting with the GT4 no longer in production, beggars can no longer afford to be choosers. If it was a seller's market while the GT4 was in production, it's even more so now. Good luck.
Old 09-06-2023, 02:52 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 73 Posts

Is everyone still seeing huge ADMs on 4RS?
EXFIB (09-14-2023)
Old 09-06-2023, 03:07 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
Is everyone still seeing huge ADMs on 4RS?
Yes. Average seems to be 50-60k. 40k if you get lucky, 75k if you want a PTS allocation.
Old 09-08-2023, 04:42 PM
SleepyCyclist
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 113 Posts

https://www.revvedmotors.com/details...6ms240250.html

seems like a good price (under msrp). well equipped - lwbs, pccb, extended leather, etc

Quick Reply: New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale