Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Cargraphic valve control unit

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2021 | 08:59 PM
jacksot
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GT4_trip
I did mine and works perfectly. Pairing process iirc was the same as for any other remote being paired.
Ditto. Works great.
Old 04-30-2021 | 11:06 PM
H8 Rain
Advanced

Programming done. thanks all
Old 05-01-2021 | 05:15 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT4_trip
I did mine and works perfectly. Pairing process iirc was the same as for any other remote being paired.
Ditto!
Old 05-15-2021 | 08:37 PM
2ndgear
Intermediate

Default Installation

Just completed this. Quite tricky but all the tips on the thread helped a bunch. Transformational change in exhaust sound - very deep and throaty without being too loud. Will try this for a while before changing any exhaust components...
Old 05-15-2021 | 09:09 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

I had a mechanic friend come install mine and it took him an hour. Easy mod and works great!
Old 05-31-2021 | 01:18 AM
GT4SHO
Advanced

Has everyone installed the box unit outside of the engine bay, and with the wiring coming out of the engine bay visible, as opposed to installing the unit inside the engine bat? Thanks
Old 05-31-2021 | 11:28 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT4SHO
Has everyone installed the box unit outside of the engine bay, and with the wiring coming out of the engine bay visible, as opposed to installing the unit inside the engine bat? Thanks
Curious as to the question about the wires which in the end are all hidden? Also with the module outside of the engine bay the signal from the remote will (hopefully) be less affected, stronger.
Old 05-31-2021 | 05:04 PM
GT4SHO
Advanced

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Curious as to the question about the wires which in the end are all hidden? Also with the module outside of the engine bay the signal from the remote will (hopefully) be less affected, stronger.
Yes, in the end, it’s hidden in the sense that it’s covered by the carpet. But I was wondering about a solution such that when the carpet is popped out, you don’t see duct tape (or whatever is being used to cover the wires) coming from the engine bay. I have approached installers and one has suggested installing the box in the bay, and another has said to do it outside. And the car graphics instructions are silent on the specific issue. Thanks
Old 05-31-2021 | 06:16 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT4SHO
Yes, in the end, it’s hidden in the sense that it’s covered by the carpet. But I was wondering about a solution such that when the carpet is popped out, you don’t see duct tape (or whatever is being used to cover the wires) coming from the engine bay. I have approached installers and one has suggested installing the box in the bay, and another has said to do it outside. And the car graphics instructions are silent on the specific issue. Thanks
FWIW, coming from an career in electronics, if the controller was not designed for the heat that it could be subject to in the engine compartment you could be shortening its service life and as I mentioned in the engine compartment it may be effectively shielded from receiving a good signal from the remote.
Old 05-31-2021 | 07:51 PM
JohnC4S
Rennlist Member

I tucked the module around the left rear strut area behind the carpet and the antenna is placed inside the cabin. I wouldn't want the heat to cook the module in the bay resulting the need to re install a new unit. I hate to bleed twice for the same project....

John
The following 2 users liked this post by JohnC4S:
UncleDude (05-31-2021), Westcoast (05-31-2021)
Old 06-02-2021 | 05:33 AM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

I asked Cargraphic. They sent this response (within engine bay)
The following users liked this post:
slilley (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021 | 08:29 AM
vcp13
Rennlist Member

Where do you place the antenna?
And what about that housing it's sitting in ? Not included in the parts
Old 06-02-2021 | 09:39 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vcp13
The antenna wire is visible in front of the unit itself, as for the bracket it looks homemade, I guess they didn't trust the adhesive on the box to hold in the heat of the engine bay so they threw on a couple of zip-ties as back up...

It looks like Cargraphic shared a picture of what someone else had done.

Last edited by Westcoast; 06-02-2021 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-02-2021 | 09:41 AM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vcp13
I believe that the point from Cargraphic support was that it their recommendation to place in the engine bay using the doublesided tape/cableties and that heat isn't an issue. There are a few locations to place it. Furthermore, if the antenna located in the boot under carpeting has no reception issue, I doubt the engine bay location would pose any issue.

I haven't even installed my unit yet, however would rather have it in the engine bay inconspicuous than wired with fugly ductape to trunk with the wires being squashed/crimped by the engine cover. Also, I'd rather a stealth install for dealerships for service visits in case of warranty issue. Just my 2c worth...either method I'm sure is fine.

Last edited by RoadrunnerGTS; 06-02-2021 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-02-2021 | 09:50 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
I believe that the point from Cargraphic support was that it their recommendation to place in the engine bay using the doublesided tape/cableties and that heat isn't an issue. There are a few locations to place it. Furthermore, if the antenna located in the boot under carpeting has reception issue, I doubt the engine bay location would pose any issue.

I haven't even installed my unit yet, however would rather have it in the engine bay inconspicuous than wired with fugly ductape to trunk with the wires being squashed/crimped by the engine cover. Also, I'd rather a stealth install for dealerships for service visits in case of warranty issue. Just my 2c worth...either method I'm sure is fine.
The wires are not squashed or crimped by the engine cover and no duct tape was required and as for stealth it is under the carpet and completely out of sight...

Either location will be visible if the service department needs to open the engine access cover.

Quick Reply: Cargraphic valve control unit