Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Cargraphic valve control unit

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2022 | 12:44 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by pyceasyas123
Does anyone know if there is an activate/de-activate function in the 2-mode controller or a reset?

I've had the CG 2-mode controller installed in 2 different spyder's. First car worked perfectly after the install. The second car had some minor issues. The open/close (button 1 and 2) function works fine using the remove at idle - leads me to believe that the install was done correctly and the vacuum lines connected to the valves are attached properly. When I hit button 1 (open valves) and then go for a drive - I'm finding that the valves automatically close again. I'm wondering whether the controller is doing something odd to make this happen. While I am driving I can press button 1 (valves open) again and it will open the valves but as I drive, they will close again.
Sent a message to CG Gmbh to see if they have any insight. Will let you know what they come back with

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

The following users liked this post:
pyceasyas123 (09-11-2022)
Old 09-13-2022 | 10:44 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Does anyone know if there is an activate/de-activate function in the 2-mode controller or a reset?

I've had the CG 2-mode controller installed in 2 different spyder's. First car worked perfectly after the install. The second car had some minor issues. The open/close (button 1 and 2) function works fine using the remove at idle - leads me to believe that the install was done correctly and the vacuum lines connected to the valves are attached properly. When I hit button 1 (open valves) and then go for a drive - I'm finding that the valves automatically close again. I'm wondering whether the controller is doing something odd to make this happen. While I am driving I can press button 1 (valves open) again and it will open the valves but as I drive, they will close again.

Last edited by SupremePower; 09-13-2022 at 10:45 AM.
85Gold (09-13-2022)
Old 09-13-2022 | 11:22 AM
pyceasyas123
Advanced

Thanks a lot Eric!
Old 09-13-2022 | 11:23 AM
pyceasyas123
Advanced

Thanks a lot Eric!

Originally Posted by SupremePower
Old 09-13-2022 | 12:07 PM
dmboone25
Pro

Originally Posted by skafia
I have one for sale if anyone is interested, located in SoCal. $400. 2 mode, used for a couple of weeks.
Did you decide to just go with valves open all the time (aka, vacuum lines pulled and plugged)?
Old 09-13-2022 | 09:08 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks a lot Eric!
Very welcome man. Let me know if it works! Im sure there will be others w the issue in the future and would be nice to have info to help em
Old 09-18-2022 | 12:46 AM
pyceasyas123
Advanced

Originally Posted by SupremePower
Very welcome man. Let me know if it works! Im sure there will be others w the issue in the future and would be nice to have info to help em
Confirming that the fix worked. Everything is working as expected now!
Old 10-07-2022 | 01:23 AM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Just installed my 3-mode in the engine bay zip tied it to the electrical cable, red wire is Acc power from the fuse box in the back. Wasn't a difficult install just tedious..... Didn't need to remove any vacuum hoses on top of the engine.... just use a pick tool to undo the connector and a long screwdriver with electrical tape to guide the plug back down.

Last edited by lowbee; 10-07-2022 at 01:25 AM.
Unstock (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022 | 03:56 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

The 3-mode controller and the exhaust flaps are working properly as far as I can tell but my iCarSoft scanner is reporting a fault. Not sure if this is expected. Eric @SupremePower any insight?

Unstock (10-07-2022)
Old 10-11-2022 | 11:12 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by lowbee
The 3-mode controller and the exhaust flaps are working properly as far as I can tell but my iCarSoft scanner is reporting a fault. Not sure if this is expected. Eric @SupremePower any insight?

Yes, that’s normal when the valve control unit is fitted and button 1 or 3 was pressed – the error can be deleted and does not come back when button 2 was pressed or when running the OEM-/ factoy mode.
lowbee (10-11-2022)
Old 12-09-2022 | 08:55 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Looking for advice. So I have had my CG Valve controller installed for over 1 year. I started noticing that the valves would open and stay open even though I hit the close button? So its weird as I thought it used to be closed is closed until 4k rpm then open, then close again. But now they wont close until I hit the button again? Is the unit dead though the open close buttons still work, just the valves wont go back to closed when set to not open. I am operating with the PSE button in the ON position. If the PSE button is closed it doesnt seem like the valves open above 4k rpm. Anyone experience this and have any suggestions? Thank you
Old 12-09-2022 | 09:19 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dnimi123
Looking for advice. So I have had my CG Valve controller installed for over 1 year. I started noticing that the valves would open and stay open even though I hit the close button? So its weird as I thought it used to be closed is closed until 4k rpm then open, then close again. But now they wont close until I hit the button again? Is the unit dead though the open close buttons still work, just the valves wont go back to closed when set to not open. I am operating with the PSE button in the ON position. If the PSE button is closed it doesnt seem like the valves open above 4k rpm. Anyone experience this and have any suggestions? Thank you
Just tried to ring ya

We had a report of something like this not too long ago

Please try the following to solve the problem:

Start the car - the exhaust button in the vehicle must be INACTIVE (valves closed).

Then press button 1 on the remote control 6-10 times in a row and the problem should be solved.

See if this reset works for you.
The following 2 users liked this post by SupremePower:
tigerhonaker (12-10-2022), Westcoast (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022 | 09:26 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Sorry I am having a real hard time following your description, on versus off, PSE close do you mean on or off, and it doesn't like them open?

In addition to the reset instructions above I would suggest getting under there when the exhaust is cool and operate the valves by hand, make sure nothing is binding. Then if everything is OK, leave the PSE button in the 'off' position and see if you can control the valves with the CG controller.

I look at this way, button 1 forces open the valves, I never run PSE-ON with button 1 activated. If I want the PSE programing, I press button 2, which leaves valve position up to PSE control.

I found the graphic from the instructions:

Last edited by Westcoast; 12-09-2022 at 09:34 PM. Reason: add button graphic
SupremePower (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022 | 09:32 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

@SupremePower Hi Eric. Ill give a try... @Westcoast sorry. so its like the valves wont close again after opening above 4krpm. they are closed, open at 4k, I go back down to 2k rpm but the valves stay open and I have to hit the button again to close...
SupremePower (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022 | 09:39 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

@SupremePower Hi Eric. Ill give a try... @Westcoast sorry. so its like the valves wont close again after opening above 4krpm. they are closed, open at 4k, I go back down to 2k rpm but the valves stay open and I have to hit the button again to close...
Hmmm, interesting, so you mentioned PSE on, what setting on the CG controller? Button 1 should open the valves no matter the RPM (so they should not have been closed before 4K RPM), Button 2 should eliminate the CG controller and allow the PSE programming to close/control the valves.

Like Eric said, maybe a reset is required.
dnimi123 (12-10-2022)

Quick Reply: Cargraphic valve control unit