Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 08:39 PM
Flacht6MT
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Only marginally, really? To me the 981 Spyder was not worth my purchase but the 718 Spyder is by far a better example of what it should be, an open top GT4.
Oops used the wrong term, got to be careful on RL I forgot. The 718 Spyder 1,000,000 percent better than the 981 Spyder...lol. We good boss?
Old 04-27-2020, 09:14 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by Flacht6MT
Oops used the wrong term, got to be careful on RL I forgot. The 718 Spyder 1,000,000 percent better than the 981 Spyder...lol. We good boss?
Old 04-28-2020, 03:21 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 568 Likes on 314 Posts

Wasn't getting any email response from my SA on my build update. So I sent an email to PCNA. They finally responded today. Says that my build won't start until 5/29 with delivery estimated 8/14. This makes no sense. My original production start was 3/6 and my SA emailed me on 3/3 that it entered production that morning. I replied with those details to get some clarification. With that confusing email, I decided to call the dealership and my SA answered. He confirms that production has started on my vehicle, but they are not getting any updates from Germany on any vehicles that haven't completed production before the lockdown. The primary issue is suppliers not being back up. At this time, he can't provide a new estimate but says that some other vehicles have been pushed several months. So close, yet so far.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:24 PM
RyuBraska
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
Wasn't getting any email response from my SA on my build update. So I sent an email to PCNA. They finally responded today. Says that my build won't start until 5/29 with delivery estimated 8/14. This makes no sense. My original production start was 3/6 and my SA emailed me on 3/3 that it entered production that morning. I replied with those details to get some clarification. With that confusing email, I decided to call the dealership and my SA answered. He confirms that production has started on my vehicle, but they are not getting any updates from Germany on any vehicles that haven't completed production before the lockdown. The primary issue is suppliers not being back up. At this time, he can't provide a new estimate but says that some other vehicles have been pushed several months. So close, yet so far.
Thanks for update... not very encouraging though!
Old 04-28-2020, 03:34 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 311 Posts

I received a similar update this morning. Car was supposed to be completed on April 6. Then was pushed to May 6 and now as of this morning May 29.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:37 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 269 Likes on 149 Posts

Thanks for the update. My vehicle was at v210 first week of March and was supposed to enter production first week of April, delivery June 12. I called pcna and they gave me new dates, new freeze date v210 was April 30. I then called dealer to make a minor change. He updated the build and the system accepted it, and the new printout says v200? The odd thing is my schedule now shows v260 starting before v250. Not sure if that is a glitch. In any event delivery is now August
Old 04-28-2020, 03:39 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by ISPYA718
I received a similar update this morning. Car was supposed to be completed on April 6. Then was pushed to May 6 and now as of this morning May 29.
Once your car is completed then you have another hurdle. No ships are loading cars at the port.
My car is built as of March 20th. Sitting at port Emden.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:39 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

I think that the problem here is they simply don't know and can't promise when your car can be or will be completed...

For example, if they say it is ready, a given response might be 'ship-it', or if it is on the line, 'when will it complete', no matter what they provide as dates these might slip and then people complain about that too. Add to all of this if the factory is not even open and this is due to external suppliers there are simply too many variables to provide any solid dates, in that position it is better to under promise and hope to over deliver.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:50 PM
RyuBraska
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

FWIW my SA just told me that production of GT4 will only resume on May 4th and various timelines will be updated during the week of May 4-8. In other words, the different dates they are seeing right now in their system might not be accurate (for the better or worse).
Old 04-28-2020, 04:19 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by RyuBraska
FWIW my SA just told me that production of GT4 will only resume on May 4th and various timelines will be updated during the week of May 4-8. In other words, the different dates they are seeing right now in their system might not be accurate (for the better or worse).
Thx for this RB not good but its news, seems like more realistic timelines. I have a call in hopefully it will help those completed and waiting on a boat so we find out more on shipping logistics as well.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:49 PM
Illusive991
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

Seems like a common date is May 29th, that's what my current completion date is as well. Was at the dealer picking up some stuff today and got a look at the screen myself; PAG has been doing some updates, there was a new log on my build yesterday, but the dates did not change. As others have noted, it's the supply chain that's the issue right now. My SA said to hang tight and get in touch in a week for an update.

On the production split between the GT4 and Spyder, based on the number of allocations my dealer has been given, looks like its 15-25% Spyder, 75-85% GT4.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:14 AM
argyleCali
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 18 Posts

Just got updated from my SA today. looks like I'm in the 5/29 date as well.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:05 PM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 399 Likes on 234 Posts

11 GT4s listed in the US on AutoTrader:
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&firstRecord=0
Old 04-30-2020, 06:16 PM
Manoverpdk
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene
11 GT4s listed in the US on AutoTrader:
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&firstRecord=0
Wondering how many are already spoken for or are customer builds, just showing up on Autotrader to generate interest.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:39 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Manoverpdk
Wondering how many are already spoken for or are customer builds, just showing up on Autotrader to generate interest.
Interesting point especially those ones with generic pics?

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker