Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 12:20 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,697 Likes on 934 Posts

Originally Posted by DWD
I'm not sure how many cars my dealer was allocated. But they've accepted my build. So I assume I'm good as long as they get me to pay what they want.

If I do the LA Delivery, would I have to then find another Dealer with an allocation and then wait? Because as of now I'm pretty much getting the car, it's just a matter of time.
Yes, you would have to find a dealer with an allocation and chances are they are all spoken for. You would have to search around and find a dealer with the shortest list.

Might not be worth it if you don’t want to wait.
Question you have to answer is 15k worth a potential year or more wait?

That’s your answer.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:30 AM
DWD
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Yes, you would have to find a dealer with an allocation and chances are they are all spoken for. You would have to search around and find a dealer with the shortest list.

That’s your answer.
Ok thanks. Cant you just lie to me and tell me the ADM is negotiable.
The following users liked this post:
DFW01TT (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 12:51 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DWD
Doesn’t hurt to try!
Old 01-15-2020, 01:00 AM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 531 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by DWD
I'm not sure how many cars my dealer was allocated. But they've accepted my build. So I assume I'm good as long as they get me to pay what they want.

If I do the LA Delivery, would I have to then find another Dealer with an allocation and then wait? Because as of now I'm pretty much getting the car, it's just a matter of time.
Once the dealer gives you a real date, throw it out here and see if someone will sell you their similarly timed slot for 5k. That way you save 10k and the other person will still get their car in an acceptable time frame with your 5k in their pocket.
Think about not setting a precedent by paying 15k ADM, there aren't many cars worth it.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:37 AM
DWD
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DFW01TT
Once the dealer gives you a real date, throw it out here and see if someone will sell you their similarly timed slot for 5k. That way you save 10k and the other person will still get their car in an acceptable time frame with your 5k in their pocket.
Think about not setting a precedent by paying 15k ADM, there aren't many cars worth it.
That's a really good idea. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2020, 04:35 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by DFW01TT
Once the dealer gives you a real date, throw it out here and see if someone will sell you their similarly timed slot for 5k.
If it is "their" slot to sell. Some (most?) dealers assume that a refused slot is theirs to give (or sell) to someone else.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:42 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by ISPYA718
Congratulations. Enjoy
Thanks!
Old 01-15-2020, 11:18 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
If it is "their" slot to sell. Some (most?) dealers assume that a refused slot is theirs to give (or sell) to someone else.
Yeah... it would go to the next in line. You don’t own the car yet. Otherwise I would be putting my name down on everything. IMHO... This would be worse than flipping.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:45 AM
Tiny Porsche Fan
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
I bought two cars from them and traded one. Tried Pfaff for my GT3 for 2.5 years because I bought my 997.2 from them, nothing, kept putting me off and then I got an allocation from London. I realize that Pfaff owns London or some portion of it.

I'm looking for a Spyder. They told me they don't have allocations yet (last Friday). Do you know otherwise?
No, was told I should get an update later this week.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:48 PM
Katana_x_II7
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DWD
ADMs are negotiable as long as the dealership is willing to negotiate. I had deposits down at multiple dealerships, each having different ADMs, and I was able to negotiate the dealerships against each others ADMs and ended up getting an allocation for MSRP. Every dealership I dealt with was willing to negotiate somewhat. Some were willing to go lower than others. Price is always negotiable
Old 01-15-2020, 02:05 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Canada. Received Spyder allocation today. April build early June delivery.
Awesome! I figured that it would happen soon, it seems like the allocations were being doled out very slowly!
Old 01-15-2020, 02:13 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DWD
Hey guys new to the thread. I read every post since July 2019. I live in SoCal and put a deposit down and waiting for my car to arrive in the Spring time. It's been a process so far but my dealer is asking $15K ADM. I called around and it was pretty standard in 2 Counties. Almost like they all agreed on an amount in this market. Is there typically any movement on this markup or do I just eat crow? Really dont wanna start the allocation process again and go out of State.
I think that it is borderline criminal that this practice exists, personally I would not pay a dealer markup on a product that others are selling for MSRP! I would look elsewhere if I were you.

That’s your answer.
Although there could be a wait due to popularity, I have heard nothing to indicate that it would be at that magnitude. Was there something you could share to support that timing?
Old 01-15-2020, 02:29 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Although there could be a wait due to popularity, I have heard nothing to indicate that it would be at that magnitude. Was there something you could share to support that timing?
Just a estimate/guess... We have June build allocations just being distributed. That means August Deliveries... 8 months away! So figuring you would be further down the list for allocations and not sure how deep those lists are.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:37 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Awesome! I figured that it would happen soon, it seems like the allocations were being doled out very slowly!
Thanks!

Dealer said larger dealers get their spots first then they roll out to smaller dealers. Who knows, at least I don't have to worry about that aspect anymore!

Spec time!
The following users liked this post:
Westcoast (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 03:48 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Just a estimate/guess... We have June build allocations just being distributed. That means August Deliveries... 8 months away! So figuring you would be further down the list for allocations and not sure how deep those lists are.
Ahhh Yes, I forgot how slow things are happening, when gave up my BGTS last July I thought there would be some wait, and here I am at the 7 month mark already!

Last year I had been told to plan for a November lock, December or January build and March delivery, but as well all know delays for North America pushed everything well into 2020... so yes your comment about a year wait is not out of line.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker