Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 09:22 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
They're all nice builds, so I'll guess they're not going to have much trouble selling them. The Gentian blue car is very high spec though; gonna take the right buyer.
Where can you see the builds?
Old 04-21-2020, 09:29 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 763 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Submit your Porsche VIP identification to your sales rep. That person will then submit two factor authentication to the dealer principal, who will then confirm with PCNA. PCNA will then make a request to PAG for access. INTERPOL will then verify your identity and pass that information along to PAG. PAG will communicate their judgment to PCNA. PCNA will verify with the FBI and give access to dealer principal. Dealer principal then has the discretion to authorize your sales rep to securely communicate the information. However, access to this information will expire within 30 minutes once granted.
The following 5 users liked this post by dmk2:
F1-GT (04-21-2020), FASTRKMAN (04-22-2020), JAhmed (04-22-2020), Manoverpdk (04-21-2020), n4v4nod (04-22-2020)
Old 04-21-2020, 09:43 PM
Manoverpdk
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 75 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dmk2
Submit your Porsche VIP identification to your sales rep. That person will then submit two factor authentication to the dealer principal, who will then confirm with PCNA. PCNA will then make a request to PAG for access. INTERPOL will then verify your identity and pass that information along to PAG. PAG will communicate their judgment to PCNA. PCNA will verify with the FBI and give access to dealer principal. Dealer principal then has the discretion to authorize your sales rep to securely communicate the information. However, access to this information will expire within 30 minutes once granted.
Like your sense of humor.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:45 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Manoverpdk
Like your sense of humor.
What sense of humor? Protocol is protocol.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:57 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
I am surprised that they are not on the dealer website, it is much easier to sell something that is actually advertised...
Old 04-21-2020, 10:06 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Westcoast
I am surprised that they are not on the dealer website, it is much easier to sell something that is actually advertised...
First GT-cars are mega VIP cars. This is an unusual opportunity to get access to these cars. That is one of the reasons why they are being discussed here and not broadcasted.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:14 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

That comes later. First they'll try to sell them at MSRP as a "hush-hush" special deal for 'special' people. When/if that fails, they'll post them online for all the 'non-special' people to see but that will imply some desperation and willingness to negotiate -- also may not be welcomed by other dealers who are still in their "hush-hush" phase to sell theirs as that will weaken their bargaining power and force them to offer theirs openly too. This would lead to an avalanche of apparent supply -- no bueno (for them). Game theory...

Last edited by hf1; 04-21-2020 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:38 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
John Wright emailed them to me. If you reach out to him on here, he’ll send them to you.

PNH is a great dealer to work with.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:44 AM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 531 Likes on 317 Posts

John Wright emailed them to me. If you reach out to him on here, he’ll send them to you.

1. John Wright has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages...
What was your contact method Archimedes?
Old 04-22-2020, 10:22 AM
F1-GT
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

I was fortunate enough to be offered a number of cars that are on the ground now, but have opted to wait for my allocated and specified GT4.

John Wright at Porsche of North Houston is a consummate professional and was able to get me a build slot.

He has cars available NOW and can be reached at:

JWright@porscheofnorthhouston.com

Happy hunting!
This, I believe, is his email at his store.
The following users liked this post:
DFW01TT (04-22-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 01:06 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

First GT-cars are mega VIP cars. This is an unusual opportunity to get access to these cars. That is one of the reasons why they are being discussed here and not broadcasted.
I was going to ask if you were making this up, you know, just a little theatrical...

Originally Posted by hf1
That comes later. First they'll try to sell them at MSRP as a "hush-hush" special deal for 'special' people. When/if that fails, they'll post them online for all the 'non-special' people to see but that will imply some desperation and willingness to negotiate -- also may not be welcomed by other dealers who are still in their "hush-hush" phase to sell theirs as that will weaken their bargaining power and force them to offer theirs openly too. This would lead to an avalanche of apparent supply -- no bueno (for them). Game theory...
Then I read this and you guys are serious, on one hand I get it, on the other it is a bit much!

Where I live, possibly precipitated by the low number of dealers and smaller market, MSRP is the general rule, build it on the configurator and that is the price assuming of course you can get one of the allocations.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:34 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by F1-GT
This, I believe, is his email at his store.
Yup. Actually a Rennlister sent me the first few and then John emailed me one more. That silver one was not in the builds I saw though.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:38 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

I was going to ask if you were making this up, you know, just a little theatrical...

Then I read this and you guys are serious, on one hand I get it, on the other it is a bit much!

Where I live, possibly precipitated by the low number of dealers and smaller market, MSRP is the general rule, build it on the configurator and that is the price assuming of course you can get one of the allocations.
My guess is that these were cars that were speccd by the dealer in collaboration with some of their VIP customers, so they could get builds in using customer names, though they knew there was a good chance the VIP was not going to take the car and they would have to take them into inventory. I can't believe that 10 VIPS all walked away from their cars, but ya never know. That said, I don't have a problem with it if this is what they did. Dealers have the right to build cars for floor inventory and take the risk if they want. I've dealt with PNH twice in the past and they were a great dealer to work with.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:56 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

My guess is that these were cars that were speccd by the dealer in collaboration with some of their VIP customers, so they could get builds in using customer names, though they knew there was a good chance the VIP was not going to take the car and they would have to take them into inventory. I can't believe that 10 VIPS all walked away from their cars, but ya never know. That said, I don't have a problem with it if this is what they did. Dealers have the right to build cars for floor inventory and take the risk if they want. I've dealt with PNH twice in the past and they were a great dealer to work with.
BINGO!

No theatrics.
Old 04-22-2020, 02:36 PM
Jim Rockford
Burning Brakes

Received 493 Likes on 265 Posts

That said, I don't have a problem with it if this is what they did. Dealers have the right to build cars for floor inventory and take the risk if they want. I've dealt with PNH twice in the past and they were a great dealer to work with.
I have a problem with this and I would think PCNA might as well no? If they had 10 walk on deposits then fine but if a dealer is gaming the system to hoard inventory when there's people out there that legitimately have a car on order and these 10 ghost orders are clogging the pipeline for real buyers, this is BS.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker