Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2020 | 03:17 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jim Rockford
I have a problem with this and I would think PCNA might as well no? If they had 10 walk on deposits then fine but if a dealer is gaming the system to hoard inventory when there's people out there that legitimately have a car on order and these 10 ghost orders are clogging the pipeline for real buyers, this is BS.
There is no requirement, moral or otherwise, for a dealer to let a customer spec a car. Each dealer can choose to sell cars the way in which they want. There's nothing magical about Porsche that says every customer has a right to spec a car. It's a bonus that it's often possible, but it's not the law of the land for Porsche.
Old 04-22-2020 | 03:32 PM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jim Rockford
I have a problem with this and I would think PCNA might as well no? If they had 10 walk on deposits then fine but if a dealer is gaming the system to hoard inventory when there's people out there that legitimately have a car on order and these 10 ghost orders are clogging the pipeline for real buyers, this is BS.
Don’t get yourself blackballed
Old 04-22-2020 | 03:42 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
My guess is that these were cars that were speccd by the dealer in collaboration with some of their VIP customers, so they could get builds in using customer names, though they knew there was a good chance the VIP was not going to take the car and they would have to take them into inventory. I can't believe that 10 VIPS all walked away from their cars, but ya never know. That said, I don't have a problem with it if this is what they did. Dealers have the right to build cars for floor inventory and take the risk if they want. I've dealt with PNH twice in the past and they were a great dealer to work with.
I bought my 981 GT4 from PNH back in summer 2015, they got a few extra cars from the factory and sold everyone of them in hours on rennlist, each was $5k over sticker. mine was a base car with no options
Old 04-24-2020 | 03:51 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Hmmm, the attached schedule doesn't show a RORO bound for Halifax leaving on the 27th (see attached).

Of course things could be changing daily considering the world situation...
Received an update on my Macan. It’s on Glovis Supreme... currently anchored awaiting to go through the Panama Canal. It’s on the VW schedule... but I remember from previous orders that not all Porsche’s are on the VW schedule. Should get it within a month? Hopefully sooner... it’s my commuter and my current lease expires around the same time.
Old 04-24-2020 | 02:58 PM
Manoverpdk
Racer

If someone can quickly share some pertinent information on deposits?
My dealer is requesting a non-refundable deposit of $10k on a Spyder, if I cancel, after the “order is placed with PCNA”.
If I cancel before the order is placed, the deposit is refundable.
Is this the norm? Seems a bit high.
Old 04-24-2020 | 03:03 PM
Flacht6MT
Instructor

Originally Posted by Manoverpdk
My dealer is requesting a non-refundable deposit of $10k on a Spyder, if I cancel, after the “order is placed with PCNA”.
That's abusive, nobody is asked for non-refundable deposits, walk away. You have the right to cancel the order anytime you want. For example, I put down $1k only, and it's fully refundable anytime, no questions asked.
Old 04-24-2020 | 03:06 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Not sure what the rules are, they seem to vary by state, do you feel that there is a chance that you may need to back out of the purchase?

If yes, proceed with caution!
Old 04-24-2020 | 03:06 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flacht6MT
That's abusive, nobody is asked for non-refundable deposits, walk away. You have the right to cancel the order anytime you want. For example, I put down $1k only, and it's fully refundable anytime, no questions asked.
Same same run while you can.....
Old 04-24-2020 | 03:11 PM
Manoverpdk
Racer

Are you saying refundable even after the order is placed or arrives stateside?
Old 04-24-2020 | 03:17 PM
CDACH
Rennlist Member

Don't do it. I put $2,500 down for a Spyder, fully refundable. There are plenty of good dealers around, just get on the phone!
Old 04-24-2020 | 03:18 PM
Flacht6MT
Instructor

Are you saying refundable even after the order is placed or arrives stateside?
Up to the point you sign the paperwork, all bets are off. It's basically illegal in most places for them to do what they're trying to do to you.

Quite frankly, even if they flex after the fact, I'd walk away. Who knows what other shenanigans they have planned before they hand you the car.
Old 04-24-2020 | 03:29 PM
Manoverpdk
Racer

Originally Posted by CDACH
Don't do it. I put $2,500 down for a Spyder, fully refundable. There are plenty of good dealers around, just get on the phone!
Can you provide some information on dealers with open allocation?
Have a build ready to order.
Old 04-24-2020 | 03:35 PM
Manoverpdk
Racer

Up to the point you sign the paperwork, all bets are off. It's basically illegal in most places for them to do what they're trying to do to you.

Quite frankly, even if they flex after the fact, I'd walk away. Who knows what other shenanigans they have planned before they hand you the car.
They are not flexing and say that has been their policy for over 7 yrs on all custom ordered cars.
I’m not even ordering any weird PTS or CXX stuff.
Approximately 10% deposit !

Old 04-24-2020 | 03:48 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Unfortunately, not true. It depends on State law. Here in California, it's refundable right up to purchase. Other states, once the order is placed it can be non-refundable.

I just put a $10k deposit down out of State, non-refundable after build lock date, which I'm totally fine with.
Old 04-24-2020 | 03:49 PM
Flacht6MT
Instructor

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Unfortunately, not true. It depends on State law. Here in California, it's refundable right up to purchase. Other states, once the order is placed it can be non-refundable.

I just put a $10k deposit down out of State, non-refundable after build lock date, which I'm totally fine with.
I see, good to know. Youre in CA?

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker