Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 04:35 PM
toshibaraki
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Assuming you mean V331 here? (Entry Port Emden)

Our V331 'was' the same before, but yours a GT4 and mine a Spyder... When did you check?, my last update was a week ago.
Matt told me I got my printed update sheet half an hour before you were suppose to walk in last week.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:16 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

anyone know of Spyder allocations N.Cal?
Old 05-21-2020, 07:20 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
anyone know of Spyder allocations N.Cal?
You could try Lithia in Monterey. I was on their list for a Spyder allocation later this year and they were pretty confident they could get me one, but I took an out of State bird in the hand sooner instead.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:43 PM
Illusive991
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by toshibaraki
Ilusive, Come visit WC and myself in Victoria, BC with your GT4 when the COVID19 travel ban(?) is lifted! We have the best scenic drives here.
Possibly! We'll see how much we're allowed to travel between provinces in the next few months. You guys should come to this side of the Rockies and hit up some of the mountain pass routes and hill climbs!

For those of you applying PPF on the whole car, are you guys opting to have the GT4/Spyder emblem removed? If so, do you know if your installer will be reusing the emblem? The installer is recommending that I purchase a new GT4 emblem to apply as reusing the existing emblem, once removed for PPF, doesn't look great reapplied with new double sided tape. If I knew it wouldn't be reused, I wouldn't have paid the extra $$$ to get the gloss black letters. Debating which route to go, another alternative is to get the GT4 Clubsport decal instead and use just the GT4 part so it's like the GT3 emblem decals.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:03 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
You could try Lithia in Monterey. I was on their list for a Spyder allocation later this year and they were pretty confident they could get me one, but I took an out of State bird in the hand sooner instead.
cheers!
Old 05-21-2020, 08:53 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
no luck - all their allocations are taken until the end of the year!
Old 05-21-2020, 09:23 PM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Illusive991
Possibly! We'll see how much we're allowed to travel between provinces in the next few months. You guys should come to this side of the Rockies and hit up some of the mountain pass routes and hill climbs!

For those of you applying PPF on the whole car, are you guys opting to have the GT4/Spyder emblem removed? If so, do you know if your installer will be reusing the emblem? The installer is recommending that I purchase a new GT4 emblem to apply as reusing the existing emblem, once removed for PPF, doesn't look great reapplied with new double sided tape. If I knew it wouldn't be reused, I wouldn't have paid the extra $$$ to get the gloss black letters. Debating which route to go, another alternative is to get the GT4 Clubsport decal instead and use just the GT4 part so it's like the GT3 emblem decals.
Depends on your installer. Mine will cut out new tape on a plotter that matches the OEM tape to reapply. I've seen his work on other cars, and I feel confident it will look OEM. It's marginally cheaper than just getting a new emblem. They're like $90 anyway.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:32 PM
Illusive991
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by blackholescion
Depends on your installer. Mine will cut out new tape on a plotter that matches the OEM tape to reapply. I've seen his work on other cars, and I feel confident it will look OEM. It's marginally cheaper than just getting a new emblem. They're like $90 anyway.
That's what I figured, even if they can't I'm sure someone else in the city could do it; given that the gloss black GT4 emblem was a $365 option, I'd really like to reuse it!
Old 05-22-2020, 12:43 AM
rooster17
Pro

Received 595 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
no luck - all their allocations are taken until the end of the year!
I’ve been waiting for a while now and pester my dealer fairly often. They have always insinuated they do not know how many allocation they will receive per quarter.

Are you saying the dealer knows how many allocations they have through the entire year? Or are they just guessing they won’t have enough to fill your request?
The following users liked this post:
DFW01TT (05-22-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 01:27 AM
rcherry
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My dealer in Denver said they have had two allocated so far, I'm currently sitting at #5. Hopefully I get to submit build soon, would love to have it before the snow starts flying again.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:23 AM
McMGC
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Try Fremont, a month ago i was told they had a few more spyder allocations for second half of 2020.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:18 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 752 Posts

Just an update on the Behind the Scenes photos for Canada.

Not actually rolled out in Canada yet but coming soon. Will be part of Track Your Dream roll out.

H8 Rain (05-26-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 12:16 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally from Calgary and still with family and friends there it wouldn't be out of the question for a Rockies drive through!

So PPF and the rear model designations, I know that it is possible to remove and then reinstall these over the PPF thereby saving money, but this process is not foolproof, especially as you mentioned because of the application of the new double sided tape. I even asked if the factory could leave the rear model designation letters in the trunk for application after PPF and was told that it was not possible.

So in my case I have spec'd the car with no model designation for a clean and unimpeded PPF install for the rear bumper and feel 'if' I want to add back some or all of that designation it can be done easily later.
H8 Rain (05-26-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 01:30 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 752 Posts

My GT3 has a full wrap. They were comfortable reinstalling the emblem. However I replaced the stock lettering with 997 'GT3' for a cleaner look and it's slightly larger in size. They gave me my 991.2 lettering should I want to put it back.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:06 PM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

If you don't have a special emblem, i.e. gloss black, just buy one from your dealer. Any good detail shop will be able to do refurb/replace the tape and make it look OEM though.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKUGT4EMBLEM.html

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker