Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2022 | 08:12 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Originally Posted by rusmani
I tried this with no luck. Offered to buy a Macan and the dealer said it won't make a lick of difference in getting a GT4. Not sure if you've checked out the 911 market, but it is not very pretty. Most dealers I've encountered are not just handing out MSRP allocations. It's a 2-3 year wait for sticker with no guarantee.

I'd love to be more optimistic, but GT4/Spyder allocations are clearly on the decline. Look at this thread and see how many people posted about allocations for this round. If you are a VIP/heavy repeat customer maybe you have a better chance. Otherwise, tracking one down at MSRP isn't happening unless you've been on a list for a fair amount of time. Just my 2 cents.
Yep, I completely understand, especially if you have someone coming new into this "game" wanting to buy one. Its honestly too bad because there are a lot of enthusiasts who are just looking for an "affordable" GT car that they can keep and hold for a lifetime. Re: 911 market, who knew even a base of S would be so hard to get as well. I can't remember a time where those two models were even remotely difficult to get if you called a few dealerships and waited a quarter. Best of luck to everyone waiting. I am in the same boat, waiting for a 911 now...
Old 06-04-2022 | 08:19 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

Originally Posted by JCZ5
Yep, I completely understand, especially if you have someone coming new into this "game" wanting to buy one. Its honestly too bad because there are a lot of enthusiasts who are just looking for an "affordable" GT car that they can keep and hold for a lifetime. Re: 911 market, who knew even a base of S would be so hard to get as well. I can't remember a time where those two models were even remotely difficult to get if you called a few dealerships and waited a quarter. Best of luck to everyone waiting. I am in the same boat, waiting for a 911 now...
Funny to think of the “old days”. I got my brand new 991.2 C4 in Sep 2019, deeply discounted, after it had been sitting on the lot for 12 months. Good luck pulling that off now LOL.
Old 06-04-2022 | 08:23 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Originally Posted by nicholascanada
Funny to think of the “old days”. I got my brand new 991.2 C4 in Sep 2019, deeply discounted, after it had been sitting on the lot for 12 months. Good luck pulling that off now LOL.
Hahaha good buy! For those who bought with the scenario you just described are not losing money anytime on their cars even if driven for miles. The days of discounting appears to be over for these marquee manufactures. They're going with the Tesla / Rivian, etc school of thought. Come to think of it, in Europe they have gone away from discounting for years. Guess the moons, planets aligned and now manufactures can reset and do the same for North America.

Enjoy your 991.2 in good health! I still think that analog interior is ace!
Old 06-05-2022 | 12:51 AM
Xxyion
Drifting

I think a lot of it is more that there are a lot of people not willing to pay ADM. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but you are definitely getting passed up by people like me who are willing to pay ADM. Pretty sure the allocations are out there. If you are ok paying ADM, i highly recommend working with a broker. Thats how i secured my allocation in the first week of May. If you want to know who i worked with, send me a PM and i'll give you his information.
The following users liked this post:
bpeacock (06-05-2022)
Old 06-05-2022 | 07:38 AM
rusmani
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Xxyion
I think a lot of it is more that there are a lot of people not willing to pay ADM. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but you are definitely getting passed up by people like me who are willing to pay ADM. Pretty sure the allocations are out there. If you are ok paying ADM, i highly recommend working with a broker. Thats how i secured my allocation in the first week of May. If you want to know who i worked with, send me a PM and i'll give you his information.
I'd say a willingness to pay ADM is going to help, but allocations are still fairly scarce. I called several dealers around the Midwest/northeast area and even with a willingness to pay a markup, pretty much every dealer told me that they simply don't have allocations. Most said they have a long list of people waiting, regardless of if they were charging ADM or not.

I think enlisting the help of a broker is a great idea, with the understanding that you'll be paying a markup. I lucked out and scored an allocation with the help of a great member on RL. I believe he has tried to help others also, but it seems like the well is running dry.
bpeacock (06-05-2022)
Old 06-05-2022 | 08:47 AM
JCZ5
Pro

It is also important to know most allocations are usually handed out to dealers every quarter. So it is not atypical to hear no allocation the last month or two because people were inquiring on an off-cycle.

Of course some dealers may have gotten one or two ad hoc or from customers backing out.

I suspect another round of allocations will come late June / early August. Hopefully by then Porsche would have caught up replacing the vehicles lost on the two ships and can start planning for net new builds, not contingent on previous replacements.
Bearrun21 (06-06-2022)
Old 06-05-2022 | 08:50 AM
B73
Advanced

Default Virginia dealer

I visited a dealer yesterday and asked about an allocation on a Spyder. 2 are inline currently and the dealer is asking $2500 just to go on the list. Also ADM of $15k. Is this inline with what most U.S. dealerships are doing?
Old 06-05-2022 | 05:17 PM
YWG_YYZ
Advanced

Created v070 last November, Got a generic letter from Porsche Canada stating that it’s their top priority to produce vehicle as quickly as they can. In the meantime, I will be receiving the Christophorus and requested that I provide more info on the My Porsche app
Anyone else in Canada in the same boat?
The following 2 users liked this post by YWG_YYZ:
JBM718GTS (06-05-2022), UncleDude (06-05-2022)
Old 06-05-2022 | 06:47 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by B73
I visited a dealer yesterday and asked about an allocation on a Spyder. 2 are inline currently and the dealer is asking $2500 just to go on the list. Also ADM of $15k. Is this inline with what most U.S. dealerships are doing?
15k is on the low end for an actual allocation but if its just to put you on the "list" then there's a chance someone offers 20k and you get bumped.
Old 06-05-2022 | 07:38 PM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by YWG_YYZ
Created v070 last November, Got a generic letter from Porsche Canada stating that it’s their top priority to produce vehicle as quickly as they can. In the meantime, I will be receiving the Christophorus and requested that I provide more info on the My Porsche app
Anyone else in Canada in the same boat?
Yup, my brother and I got the same generic notice for our V070s.
Old 06-06-2022 | 04:48 AM
ttopeka
4th Gear

#1: Supply & Demand
#2: Logic & Stupidity
#3: If YOU Could, Would You?

#1: ADMs suck. I passed on and got pissed by anyone with an ADM. Dealers are making more profit than manufacturers. So what? "Profit" is not a four-letter word. If your demand exceeds their supply, you win. Once I accepted this reasoning, I became willing to say "yes" to their offer, and I am now enjoying the best car I have ever had. If the market changes so much that ADMs disappear (other than if production speeds up and increases supply and nothing damages demand), I fear that society will have worse problems than overpaying or getting screwed by a dealer.
#2: Buying a Porsche, or any upper end car, is not logical. If someone is honestly incapable of affording an ADM, then the rest of the car is also unaffordable, and, therefore, it would be stupid to buy one. I found it insulting to be forced to pay an ADM. However, when I accepted the current market, I quickly acquired an allocation, and got exactly what I wanted. The amount that I overpaid is equal to the time that I would have waited not having my car.
#3: If you could sell your car for 10%-50% more that market value, would you? My shoes cost $100, I sold them on a website for $150. What was the market value of my shoes?

2020 Macan Turbo with PDK (boring) and Bose, PCCBs, Chrono, Air Susp, Vectoring, Sport Exhaust, +++
2022 Spyder 6spd $137500 + $20000 ADM (ouch) = :-> 1758 miles 1st month. Burmester is better than Bose. PCCBs are awesome. Everything else is beautiful. JCR Titanium Silenced Valved pipes in garage. Waiting for manifolds and race cats.
Thefullsend (06-06-2022)
Old 06-06-2022 | 08:32 AM
Thefullsend
Instructor

Originally Posted by ttopeka
#1: Supply & Demand
#2: Logic & Stupidity
#3: If YOU Could, Would You?

#1: ADMs suck. I passed on and got pissed by anyone with an ADM. Dealers are making more profit than manufacturers. So what? "Profit" is not a four-letter word. If your demand exceeds their supply, you win. Once I accepted this reasoning, I became willing to say "yes" to their offer, and I am now enjoying the best car I have ever had. If the market changes so much that ADMs disappear (other than if production speeds up and increases supply and nothing damages demand), I fear that society will have worse problems than overpaying or getting screwed by a dealer.
#2: Buying a Porsche, or any upper end car, is not logical. If someone is honestly incapable of affording an ADM, then the rest of the car is also unaffordable, and, therefore, it would be stupid to buy one. I found it insulting to be forced to pay an ADM. However, when I accepted the current market, I quickly acquired an allocation, and got exactly what I wanted. The amount that I overpaid is equal to the time that I would have waited not having my car.
#3: If you could sell your car for 10%-50% more that market value, would you? My shoes cost $100, I sold them on a website for $150. What was the market value of my shoes?

2020 Macan Turbo with PDK (boring) and Bose, PCCBs, Chrono, Air Susp, Vectoring, Sport Exhaust, +++
2022 Spyder 6spd $137500 + $20000 ADM (ouch) = :-> 1758 miles 1st month. Burmester is better than Bose. PCCBs are awesome. Everything else is beautiful. JCR Titanium Silenced Valved pipes in garage. Waiting for manifolds and race cats.
Not to mention the price increases - 2023 GT4 got a 5k increase so you factor that in and the time that’s you’re enjoying the car while others wait for an allocation that may not happen and it’s a big win. Others turned down 10-15K ADMs only to not be enjoying a car and have prices increase and ADMs rise.

Last edited by Thefullsend; 06-06-2022 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-06-2022 | 09:18 AM
B73
Advanced

Originally Posted by cooler2442
15k is on the low end for an actual allocation but if its just to put you on the "list" then there's a chance someone offers 20k and you get bumped.
Getting inline is $2500 fully refundable if I decide to back out. 15k is ADM when it's my turn to build and place the order, at that time that 15k is giving to dealer as a down payment.

I'm going to talk with all the dealers in my area and see what they are offering as well and go from there. So for now I'll continue enjoying my weekend drive in manual 16' Boxster GTS.
Old 06-07-2022 | 01:44 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

I’m allergic to ADM and I think the car market is cooling very quickly (there’s 106 992 Gt3 for sale right now!)

but…the gt4/spyder are at the end of the line. I really don’t think they’re building them past 2022.

I think you may be able to find one at a dealer close to sticker closer to years end, but it’s going to be a tiny window and you won’t have too many options

For context of a real example, I custom ordered a 2019 gt3rs Miami blue back in 2018 for 25 over. I had the option to take a different one (cgt silver) for sticker or the one I ordered for 25 over and I actually chose the adm one because if ur going a wild color you proly won’t get it on the dealer lot.

So if u aren’t too picky, I’d say wait and you’ll find a diamond in the rough in a few months close to sticker. If u want shark blue or green or chalk or one option is a must that’s hard to find, I’d say just spend the 10% over and blow the 15k for the exact spec u want.

imo the one u find will have 5-10k in options u might not want or 5-10k missing.

whats 15k on a 125k car really? Me in CA that’s just sales tax and reg haha
CDACH (06-08-2022)
Old 06-07-2022 | 02:06 PM
F1-DNA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
I’m allergic to ADM and I think the car market is cooling very quickly (there’s 106 992 Gt3 for sale right now!)

but…the gt4/spyder are at the end of the line. I really don’t think they’re building them past 2022.

I think you may be able to find one at a dealer close to sticker closer to years end, but it’s going to be a tiny window and you won’t have too many options

For context of a real example, I custom ordered a 2019 gt3rs Miami blue back in 2018 for 25 over. I had the option to take a different one (cgt silver) for sticker or the one I ordered for 25 over and I actually chose the adm one because if ur going a wild color you proly won’t get it on the dealer lot.

So if u aren’t too picky, I’d say wait and you’ll find a diamond in the rough in a few months close to sticker. If u want shark blue or green or chalk or one option is a must that’s hard to find, I’d say just spend the 10% over and blow the 15k for the exact spec u want.

imo the one u find will have 5-10k in options u might not want or 5-10k missing.

whats 15k on a 125k car really? Me in CA that’s just sales tax and reg haha
A shift in the car market has finally begun which is awesome for us car enthusiasts. I really hope all the "sports car investors" die off soon so the people who actually want to drive their cars can purchase them for a reasonable price. The sports car market used to be much more attainable to the very small percentage of car enthusiasts!
The following 3 users liked this post by F1-DNA:
ToasterThief (06-07-2022), unclemat (06-08-2022), welikethetrack (06-07-2022)

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker