Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 08:27 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 778 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
If you don't mind paying ADM, check out Redwood City Porsche, I was working with Michael there and he actually had a GT4 allocation ready for me and I would have taken it had I not gotten one 2 weeks earlier from an out of town dealership. Since then they have reached out to me for 2 GTS allocations and a Spyder allocation in case I knew anyone else who wanted one. 20k ADM.
Were the two GTS allocations for a Cayman or a Boxster? Because I was there a few days ago and they couldn't offer any immediate allocation, only to be put on the waiting list for a $1000 deposit...
Also, when was that?
Old 11-17-2022, 01:06 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,540 Likes on 859 Posts

Originally Posted by danielzy
Were the two GTS allocations for a Cayman or a Boxster? Because I was there a few days ago and they couldn't offer any immediate allocation, only to be put on the waiting list for a $1000 deposit...
Also, when was that?
Sorry I thought I specified but upon re-reading I did not. I put my name down on the list with them for a refundable 1000$ deposit back In November 2021. Michael first called me about a Cayman GTS4.0 allocation in middle of May and then a GT4 allocation end of May. He then called me about another GTS allocation (cayman) roughly around August. He then also let me know there was an available Spyder allocation around the same time if memory serves.

They definitely did not offer me any immediate allocation, however their "waitlists" always seem to be pretty low and at one point seemed like it was non-existent so I'd get your name down and put down a deposit. Michael made it really easy to get my deposit back with no hassle so I plan on buying a Carrera with them in a few years due to how straightforward he was with me about everything.
Old 11-17-2022, 01:35 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Sorry I thought I specified but upon re-reading I did not. I put my name down on the list with them for a refundable 1000$ deposit back In November 2021. Michael first called me about a Cayman GTS4.0 allocation in middle of May and then a GT4 allocation end of May. He then called me about another GTS allocation (cayman) roughly around August. He then also let me know there was an available Spyder allocation around the same time if memory serves.

They definitely did not offer me any immediate allocation, however their "waitlists" always seem to be pretty low and at one point seemed like it was non-existent so I'd get your name down and put down a deposit. Michael made it really easy to get my deposit back with no hassle so I plan on buying a Carrera with them in a few years due to how straightforward he was with me about everything.
You are making me nervous about being #3 on their list because it seems it doesn't mean much.
I guess that eventually when I am ready to actually make a purchase, in a few months, I will just search for an immediate allocation for a reasonable ADM.
It seems like I shouldn't be too optimistic about all those MSRP queues.
Old 11-17-2022, 01:44 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

You are making me nervous about being #3 on their list because it seems it doesn't mean much.
I guess that eventually when I am ready to actually make a purchase, in a few months, I will just search for an immediate allocation for a reasonable ADM.
It seems like I shouldn't be too optimistic about all those MSRP queues.
Yeah MSRP will be difficult. Michael straight up told me I could put my name down for MSRP but the chances of me getting a car would be difficult. Told me that a 20k ADM would get me a car. And to his credit it 100% would have had I not been impatient and went with another out of state dealership
Old 11-17-2022, 01:48 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Yeah MSRP will be difficult. Michael straight up told me I could put my name down for MSRP but the chances of me getting a car would be difficult. Told me that a 20k ADM would get me a car. And to his credit it 100% would have had I not been impatient and went with another out of state dealership
20k is crazy, I was offered an immediate allocation yesterday for 10k from another dealership in the area.
Old 11-17-2022, 01:54 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

20k is crazy, I was offered an immediate allocation yesterday for 10k from another dealership in the area.
for a GT4? I mean I wouldn't be surprised if ADMs are coming down a bit. Back in May 20k was actually on the lower side. I think Livermore Porsche wanted 30k ADM, Porsche Fremont wouldn't even talk to me after I mentioned I wanted a GT4 and Porsche Walnut Creek said "lol good luck". Redwood City quoted me 10-15k ADM for Cayman GTS 4.0. He didn't say it exactly but basically hinted that 15k ADM would get me the next GTS allocation if I wanted it.
Old 11-17-2022, 02:05 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

for a GT4? I mean I wouldn't be surprised if ADMs are coming down a bit. Back in May 20k was actually on the lower side. I think Livermore Porsche wanted 30k ADM, Porsche Fremont wouldn't even talk to me after I mentioned I wanted a GT4 and Porsche Walnut Creek said "lol good luck". Redwood City quoted me 10-15k ADM for Cayman GTS 4.0. He didn't say it exactly but basically hinted that 15k ADM would get me the next GTS allocation if I wanted it.
A Boxster GTS (which seems to be much easier to get than a Cayman).
There is a Spyder for 10k ADM at this very moment at a dealer in WA.
Someone here managed to get a CGTS for $5k ADM from Walnut Creek.

But I think you were in the market about 6 months ago if I am not mistaken? Market went down like 30% during that time, layoffs, interest increases, etc.
Old 11-17-2022, 02:19 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

A Boxster GTS (which seems to be much easier to get than a Cayman).
There is a Spyder for 10k ADM at this very moment at a dealer in WA.
Someone here managed to get a CGTS for $5k ADM from Walnut Creek.

But I think you were in the market about 6 months ago if I am not mistaken? Market went down like 30% during that time, layoffs, interest increases, etc.
yeah it was a much hotter market back then. part of me wishes I waited, but at the same time there's just no knowing when Porsche will pull the plug on these cars and I didn't want to miss out on my chance to build my dream car the way I want it.
Old 11-17-2022, 02:26 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

yeah it was a much hotter market back then. part of me wishes I waited, but at the same time there's just no knowing when Porsche will pull the plug on these cars and I didn't want to miss out on my chance to build my dream car the way I want it.
Exactly why I am willing to pay some ADM. Another dealer from LA(CA) area called me back, has an immediate GTS allocation for 10K ADM. March production.
Old 11-17-2022, 02:28 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Exactly why I am willing to pay some ADM. Another dealer from LA(CA) area called me back, has an immediate GTS allocation for 10K ADM. March production.
I personally would just take that if you really want the car. ADM sucks, but if you don't have a prior relationship, you may be waiting on MSRP or a 5k ADM forever. I paid 15k over for my GT4. It sucked when I signed the papers, and then I completely forgot about it when I drove it for the first time.
The following 2 users liked this post by rusmani:
dub (11-17-2022), EXFIB (11-18-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 02:34 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rusmani
I personally would just take that if you really want the car. ADM sucks, but if you don't have a prior relationship, you may be waiting on MSRP or a 5k ADM forever. I paid 15k over for my GT4. It sucked when I signed the papers, and then I completely forgot about it when I drove it for the first time.
The production date doesn't work for me, I need something around May-June.
Also there is so much uncertainty at the moment that it is a reckless move to get an allocation that locks soon (they require a non-refundable deposit of 10k). Much smarter to wait a few months and make sure I am not affected by layoffs, etc.
The following users liked this post:
hays0023 (11-18-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 02:45 PM
dub
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
I was guessing mine would be somewhere between mile 1 and 2! YOLO!
The following users liked this post:
rusmani (11-17-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 03:10 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Also there is so much uncertainty at the moment that it is a reckless move to get an allocation that locks soon (they require a non-refundable deposit of 10k). Much smarter to wait a few months and make sure I am not affected by layoffs, etc.
There's a good chance it will be delayed to May. When I got my allocation I originally had a delivery date of 10/21 with a production date of 9/18. That obviously didn't happen and my car ended up starting production on 9/23 and finished 9/28. It then sat at Emden port for a little over a month till it finally got loaded on a boat 11/03. Car is set to arrive stateside 12/16 but since I'm doing PEC LA delivery, I won't be picking my car up till Jan 13th.

I honestly would just take the allocation now since its being offered. Unless there's a situation which you just CANNOT pickup the car (like you won't be in the are and no-one can pickup the car for you), I would say just get the allocation now. You never know what's going to happen.
Old 11-17-2022, 03:10 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Fair enough. I would just keep in mind that delays will probably keep happening, so a March build could get pushed by weeks or even months. Transport issues may also come up along the way. In my eyes, a March build probably means a May delivery, which seems to be perfect timing to enjoy a convertible!

Good luck with your decision.
Old 11-17-2022, 03:13 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

There's a good chance it will be delayed to May. When I got my allocation I originally had a delivery date of 10/21 with a production date of 9/18. That obviously didn't happen and my car ended up starting production on 9/23 and finished 9/28. It then sat at Emden port for a little over a month till it finally got loaded on a boat 11/03. Car is set to arrive stateside 12/16 but since I'm doing PEC LA delivery, I won't be picking my car up till Jan 13th.

I honestly would just take the allocation now since its being offered. Unless there's a situation which you just CANNOT pickup the car (like you won't be in the are and no-one can pickup the car for you), I would say just get the allocation now. You never know what's going to happen.
An ED is a must for me - so delays are far less likely to happen (as it is only dependent on manufacture date and not delivery). They said they won't hold the cars for more than a few weeks (in Germany).

Last edited by Lucifer; 11-17-2022 at 03:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker