Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2022, 03:25 PM
bradnic
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-DNA
This probably is the right place for this discussion but the writing is on the wall! Yes this is a low spec GT3 but less and less people are willing to pay super high prices.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-911-gt3-10/
that certainly puts things in perspective
Old 06-03-2022, 03:29 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

This probably is the right place for this discussion but the writing is on the wall! Yes this is a low spec GT3 but less and less people are willing to pay super high prices.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-911-gt3-10/
Meh, not sure that is a valid data point.

Zero option car, no buckets, yellow roll cage, no PCM, and middling miles; had it sold at last bid with buyers premium still $25K over sticker.

Seller should have closed on that deal.
Old 06-03-2022, 03:36 PM
F1-DNA
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Meh, not sure that is a valid data point.

Zero option car, no buckets, yellow roll cage, no PCM, and middling miles; had it sold at last bid with buyers premium still $25K over sticker.

Seller should have closed on that deal.
Reading the comments he was "offered" mid $170k on a trade-in which shows there is a big disconnect between wholesale and retail pricing nowadays. Just something to be aware of when paying ADM anywhere or used car market ups.
Old 06-03-2022, 03:47 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Reading the comments he was "offered" mid $170k on a trade-in which shows there is a big disconnect between wholesale and retail pricing nowadays. Just something to be aware of when paying ADM anywhere or used car market ups.
Hard to comment on bold without knowing the rest of the details. Could have been a huge ADM, dealer add-ons, or any number of things…dealer offering “good” trade just make it easier to swallow the rest.

Regardless, the BAT crowd spoke and were not impressed with this one.

He is a similar one from a couple days ago…bid to about $50K over.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...che-911-gt3-8/

The following users liked this post:
F1-DNA (06-03-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 04:20 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 690 Likes on 374 Posts

That guys going to be stuck with a car worth 135k in 6 months. The Gt3 overload is REAL. My 2019 gt3rs was a dime a dozen lol they made so many. year after year after year, the second the GT market crumbles all these cheap skates are going to not be able to get rid of the 5k+ in yearly maint and registration and insurance fast enough. Literally 90% of the Gt3 buyers I run into, buy them because they'll "own them for almost nothing"....yeah good luck with that lol

Even this Gt4 market will crumble (at a fraction of the gt3 imo), I just want a new one before they stop production at the turn of the year. Then the super small (correct size, same as 997 basically) GT4 with a manual will be dead Very sad day coming soon. So I am happy to be getting mt 2022 Gt4 in early august, could care less if it's worth 50k in a year.

This obsession with paying so much for USED porsches is insanity. I will never live stuck in the past, always got to move forward.
unclemat (06-03-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 05:17 PM
Thefullsend
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Guys,

This is a dealer allocation tracker thread.

This thread is to help RL members find allocations.

There is a thread that is dedicated to talking about ADM; so head over there for ADM discussions.
If anyone is looking for a Boxster GTS in Shark blue I can send them the info.
Old 06-03-2022, 05:20 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Thefullsend
If anyone is looking for a Boxster GTS in Shark blue I can send them the info.
I'll go ahead and ask since it's the question pretty much everyone will have...

is there a markup?
bpeacock (06-03-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 06:51 PM
Thefullsend
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
I'll go ahead and ask since it's the question pretty much everyone will have...

is there a markup?
Yes...12,500 over, but I believe 10K would get it done. Very reasonable with some of the crazy asks on used GTS'.
The following 2 users liked this post by Thefullsend:
bpeacock (06-03-2022), rusmani (06-03-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 06:56 PM
popcornten
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

If you are patient, the used market is definitely cooling too. Used GT4 prices are dropping if you are watching for sale ads which indicates dealerships aren't getting those crazy high asking prices anymore.
Not true, there’s a guy on YouTube that does quarterly used pricing updates on Porsche cars and the GT4/Spyder actually continued to go up this year while everything else including GT3’s flattened. Days to sell is down as well. Demand is up, cars available on the market is flat.

Old 06-03-2022, 08:27 PM
NewKidinTown
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by popcornten
Not true, there’s a guy on YouTube that does quarterly used pricing updates on Porsche cars and the GT4/Spyder actually continued to go up this year while everything else including GT3’s flattened. Days to sell is down as well. Demand is up, cars available on the market is flat.

https://youtu.be/URfUdtQamCc
Indeed prices have not softened according to Black Book (which is what Dealers use as a guide; not KBB or Edmunds). Retail and wholesale values continue a slight escalation. I sometimes wonder if those pushing the narrative that prices are softening are folks sitting on the sidelines, hoping to influence the market downward.
MechEngr1287 (06-04-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 05:27 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,537 Likes on 1,294 Posts

SA just told me they are no longer taking deposits on GT4s; not sure about spyders.

Get 'em (new allocations) while you can, folks, if you can.
Old 06-04-2022, 05:34 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
SA just told me they are no longer taking deposits on GT4s; not sure about spyders.

Get 'em (new allocations) while you can, folks, if you can.
Before we get to panic buying here’s a few things to clear up. Your dealer not taking deposits because they understand they will never be able to satisfy the demand they’re seeing. Processing refunds and tracking deposits are a pain. Or they realized they only have X allocations and once those are met, still pointless. Goes with the earlier comment.

This tidbit of information have no bearing on any future allocations coming down the road. Only PCNA and more broadly PAG know about future production schedules. I do not foresee the GT4/Spyder going away for MY23
Old 06-04-2022, 05:45 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,537 Likes on 1,294 Posts

Originally Posted by JCZ5
Before we get to panic buying here’s a few things to clear up. Your dealer not taking deposits because they understand they will never be able to satisfy the demand they’re seeing and processing refunds and tracking deposits are a pain. Or they realized they only have X allocations and once those are met, still pointless. Goes with the earlier comment.

This tidbit of information have no bearing on any future allocations coming down the road. Only PCNA and more broadly PAG know about future production schedules. I do not foresee the GT4/Spyder going away for MY23
Relevant observation(s) and questions. But it is what it is. I am not going to needle him for clarifications. I got mine. I would submit it seems a pretty good indication they don't think they will get enough cars to meet the demand they already have on the books, even with ADM (because I specifically asked about an ADM allocation availability due to a recent conversation with someone saying they wanted a GT4). A big volume dealer turning away deposits doesn't exactly provide confidence new allocations will eventually be generally available. Your foresight notwithstanding.

Regardless of new car availability, there is always used. Isn't the end of the world.

Postscript: Same thing for spyders; no longer taking deposits.

Last edited by Adrift; 06-04-2022 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-04-2022, 06:01 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
Relevant observation(s) and questions. But it is what it is. I am not going to needle him for clarifications. I got mine. I would submit it seems a pretty good indication they don't think they will get enough cars to meet the demand they already have on the books, even with ADM (because I specifically asked about an ADM allocation availability due to a recent conversation with someone saying they wanted a GT4). A big volume dealer turning away deposits doesn't exactly provide confidence new allocations will eventually be generally available. Your foresight notwithstanding.

Regardless of new car availability, there is always used. Isn't the end of the world.

Postscript: Same thing for spyders; no longer taking deposits.
I guess we're both lucky as I got my GT4 last year . Actually, now I am getting greedy and I want to add a Spyder, but that is probably not going to happen. Anyways, dealers have lists, but dealers are not stupid and do not go down the list based on time of inquiry. Why do I say this? Because I bet if you go in and say you will buy a GT4 and a Macan or even a 911, they would probably prioritize you. The big fishes will always be prioritized for repeat business. In some cases when I hear people saying dealers are charging $50K ADM, I want to say I will pay that $50K additional markup in the form of a Macan. At least you get 2 cars for what they want for one. Maybe that is wishful thinking since Macan's are apparently pretty hard to get from what I have heard...
Old 06-04-2022, 08:08 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by JCZ5
I guess we're both lucky as I got my GT4 last year . Actually, now I am getting greedy and I want to add a Spyder, but that is probably not going to happen. Anyways, dealers have lists, but dealers are not stupid and do not go down the list based on time of inquiry. Why do I say this? Because I bet if you go in and say you will buy a GT4 and a Macan or even a 911, they would probably prioritize you. The big fishes will always be prioritized for repeat business. In some cases when I hear people saying dealers are charging $50K ADM, I want to say I will pay that $50K additional markup in the form of a Macan. At least you get 2 cars for what they want for one. Maybe that is wishful thinking since Macan's are apparently pretty hard to get from what I have heard...
I tried this with no luck. Offered to buy a Macan and the dealer said it won't make a lick of difference in getting a GT4. Not sure if you've checked out the 911 market, but it is not very pretty. Most dealers I've encountered are not just handing out MSRP allocations. It's a 2-3 year wait for sticker with no guarantee.

I'd love to be more optimistic, but GT4/Spyder allocations are clearly on the decline. Look at this thread and see how many people posted about allocations for this round. If you are a VIP/heavy repeat customer maybe you have a better chance. Otherwise, tracking one down at MSRP isn't happening unless you've been on a list for a fair amount of time. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker