Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by integralenz
Also confirmed thanks
Done
Old 07-30-2014, 05:39 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

Last call for material from SITT - Highlands onwards.

My iMac is now working and I have located all of my footage, plus that taken from Doug and Macca.

Tonight I will start pre-edit on the following distinct videos:

Highlands
Amisfield
Twizel / Hermitage
Levels
Ruapuna.
Pack up.

I seem to have very little of Doug and Matt's trip to Milford Sound.

If you have a photo that you are particularly fond of, email it to me as I finish each video with photos.

All going well, the complete journey will be documented by the end of next week.

PS: music suggestions welcome for soundtracks to the videos.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:44 PM
993 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John McM
Green Beauty http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=757387719

Unfortunately Type R Integras are not allowed in 2kCup
That is a VTI-R and so is eligible, sadly it sold for over $2k!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:48 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993 Targa
That is a VTI-R and so is eligible, sadly it sold for over $2k!
So VTI-R is not a Type R?

I had a bid in early on but took it out when I saw the rules exclude Type R.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:34 PM
sp1ked
Instructor

So VTI-R is not a Type R? I had a bid in early on but took it out when I saw the rules exclude Type R.
VTI-R is not a Type R John. Means it has the B18C VTEC motor and lots of extras.

That car was listed on the 2kcup site as a good car for the series.

I've gone the European route and brought a Peugeot 205gti. I'm in close proximity to two others racing in the series so it was an easy choice for me. Just had a half cage fitted and will get onto the brakes etc when I'm back at work. Looking forward to getting onto the track in it.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:01 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sp1ked
VTI-R is not a Type R John. Means it has the B18C VTEC motor and lots of extras. That car was listed on the 2kcup site as a good car for the series. I've gone the European route and brought a Peugeot 205gti. I'm in close proximity to two others racing in the series so it was an easy choice for me. Just had a half cage fitted and will get onto the brakes etc when I'm back at work. Looking forward to getting onto the track in it.
Tell us more. I like the thought of a caged 2k cup car as a possible entry into next years enduro series. The 944s need someone to be a road cone!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

205GTI is a great car. Assume 1.9L (or is it the smaller 1.6L?). I had one for many years and it was fun. It can be very capable on the track as proven by Rob from CCS Porsche during SI track tour...
Old 07-31-2014, 12:39 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
205GTI is a great car. Assume 1.9L (or is it the smaller 1.6L?). I had one for many years and it was fun. It can be very capable on the track as proven by Rob from CCS Porsche during SI track tour...
Nice to hear that Robert is pedalling his well. It has some illustrious older relatives too. The 205 T16 ruled the last two years of Group B rallying, with its ilk effectively obsoleting the older and heavier cars. Porsche probably saw that writing on the wall so the Group B intended 959 stuck to winning the Paris-Dakar rather than competing head on in Group B rallying. The homologated road going T16s only had half the grunt though so wouldn't see which way a 959 had gone.

My kids have getting on to a hundred or so other cars anyway, so the 205 T16 model I have at home is tucked away in a mini parc ferme.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:27 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Last call for material from SITT - Highlands onwards.

My iMac is now working and I have located all of my footage, plus that taken from Doug and Macca.

Tonight I will start pre-edit on the following distinct videos:

Highlands
Amisfield
Twizel / Hermitage
Levels
Ruapuna.
Pack up.

I seem to have very little of Doug and Matt's trip to Milford Sound.

If you have a photo that you are particularly fond of, email it to me as I finish each video with photos.

All going well, the complete journey will be documented by the end of next week.

PS: music suggestions welcome for soundtracks to the videos.
Hi John, here are the photos from our Milford Sound run...
https://picasaweb.google.com/DougHan...dSoundSelected

If you need them higher resolution, let me know.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:56 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Hi John, here are the photos from our Milford Sound run... https://picasaweb.google.com/DougHan...dSoundSelected If you need them higher resolution, let me know.
Thanks Doug.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:57 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Hi John, and here are a few more from Highlands onwards.

https://picasaweb.google.com/DougHan...40327SITT4John
Old 07-31-2014, 04:22 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Rob Mercer who is organising the 40' container from the USA said they have plenty of space available so please spread the word to allow them to maximise the freight opportunity. If you want Graeme or I to forward the details PM either of us with your email address.

The freight cost is only US$5 per cubic foot of space which is very cheap. We are asked to make a donation to the rowing club which is how they make some money out of it. I've offered to match the freight bill on my set of tyres as a donation for example.

All you do is order the goods online to be delivered to your attention c/- the rowing club at Mainfreight's US depo. The container will be shipped to Wellington NZ where you'll be charged the GST on the goods cost plus the freight. For Aucklanders they'll kindly co-ordinate Mainfreight to ship our stuff up here in one lot at a good price.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:48 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Rob Mercer who is organising the 40' container from the USA said they have plenty of space available so please spread the word to allow them to maximise the freight opportunity. If you want Graeme or I to forward the details PM either of us with your email address. The freight cost is only US$5 per cubic foot of space which is very cheap. We are asked to make a donation to the rowing club which is how they make some money out of it. I've offered to match the freight bill on my set of tyres as a donation for example. All you do is order the goods online to be delivered to your attention c/- the rowing club at Mainfreight's US depo. The container will be shipped to Wellington NZ where you'll be charged the GST on the goods cost plus the freight. For Aucklanders they'll kindly co-ordinate Mainfreight to ship our stuff up here in one lot at a good price.
That reminds me hat I must get the tyre order sorted. I think I have to get it done through a quote as they won't do it online if you are offshore. Btw lots of great footage of Highlands, including Matt's off. This will take a while to condense to a workable video length.

Ordering two sets of RS3 (Z222) for Herman.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:27 AM
O2GO
Drifting

That reminds me hat I must get the tyre order sorted. I think I have to get it done through a quote as they won't do it online if you are offshore. Btw lots of great footage of Highlands, including Matt's off. This will take a while to condense to a workable video length. Ordering two sets of RS3 (Z222) for Herman.
I ordered online on tirerack.com no problems. With a USA delivery address it worked fine. You have to use credit card option, as when I used Paypal it said it wasn't permitted for non USA members. Otherwise it worked perfectly.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:37 AM
sp1ked
Instructor

Tell us more. I like the thought of a caged 2k cup car as a possible entry into next years enduro series. The 944s need someone to be a road cone!
That's a good option John. I've decided to go down the fast road car route and stay as close to the spirit of the 2kcup as I can. For me it's about getting as much seat time as I can in an affordable manner.

Times for the 205 GTI's have been high 24's at HD and they are thinking they might hit 22's this season with a freshen up. Be interesting to see what they would do with some decent rubber. Guys are definitely putting effort in the 2k cars now. 80+ entries for this coming season too.

Macca it's definitely a 1.9 in Graphite Grey

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?