Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012 | 02:47 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

That's great Sean. You must be going hard if the brakes are overheating; haven't you got big bad boy brakes on there?
Hope to meet you Saturday.
Old 11-29-2012 | 02:49 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Hampton 16th. Only three of us have paid Tony, so please get your $275 to him as soon as you can so he is confident to hold the group open for us. Many Thanks.
Old 11-29-2012 | 03:43 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
That's great Sean. You must be going hard if the brakes are overheating; haven't you got big bad boy brakes on there?
Hope to meet you Saturday.
Pushing probably too hard, not smooth enough yet. Yeah have big brakes but noticed venting holes in discs are clogged with dust and we will open up the venting ducts...
Old 11-29-2012 | 03:44 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Hampton 16th. Only three of us have paid Tony, so please get your $275 to him as soon as you can so he is confident to hold the group open for us. Many Thanks.
Steve and I are done mate.
Old 11-29-2012 | 07:26 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ditto that - paid
Old 11-29-2012 | 08:04 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
New tyres, alignment... sounds like someone may be reconsidering driving on the 16th? ;-)

Are you taking it to Peter Alder for the alignment?
Alignment recommendation is Andrew Simms i.e. Mitsubishi dealership. Apparently Peter is preoccupied with a sick child so I will hold off for a while.

In the meantime I've ordered more tyres from the UK. More rears for the 996TT and a new set for the Turbo 3.6. You can only trust 8 year old tyres so much. Also splashed out on various trim seals while I was there, as you do.
Old 11-30-2012 | 03:35 AM
Obsessed
Pro

I've paid also.
Old 12-01-2012 | 01:13 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Hey Jason, great to see you today. Bloody good day, managed to get the times down in the last session.

Re: the 16th...

So Steve's all confirmed for meeting at his workshop at HD prior so we can get the cars and ourselves ready and then he will host the BBQ at this apartment. He's also going to look into getting us a pit garage.

I'll pick up some meat from the good butcher in Westmere if someone wants to get some beers? Might as well keep it as simple as possible like a sausage sizzle if you and the others are ok with that?
Old 12-01-2012 | 02:51 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
Re: the 16th...

So Steve's all confirmed for meeting at his workshop at HD prior so we can get the cars and ourselves ready and then he will host the BBQ at this apartment. He's also going to look into getting us a pit garage.

I'll pick up some meat from the good butcher in Westmere if someone wants to get some beers? Might as well keep it as simple as possible like a sausage sizzle if you and the others are ok with that?
Great stuff - I'll bring the beers...
Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2012 | 04:24 AM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Great stuff - I'll bring the beers...
Crate day much?
Old 12-01-2012 | 04:32 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
Crate day much?
ok then...
Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2012 | 10:07 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Great to finally meet you Sean. That is one amazing car you've created. Your close shave with that lunatic is another damn good reason to put together something like the 16th. You gonna post the photo you took of the three cars?
I spoke to Tony at the track and he may have drummed up another couple of Pcars for our group so we'll hopefully sort out any change owed with him on the day.
Blimmen kind of Steve to put on some premises to start and finish at. It'll be good for those that haven't met Steve to do so, as he is a real font of knowledge on our cars and driving them fast. As Sean said yesterday, there aren't many mechanic/drivers around these days but Steve is certainly one of them. He also probably has the largest range of spares in the country and in my experience has them at the best price. Even CCS and Giltraps get parts off him I believe. Take a look here www.europacific.co.nz
Old 12-01-2012 | 10:56 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Sean et. al.

Put me down of any and every event which coincides with me being in the country. Ive never driven HD although Ive tried Taupo A1 and Pukekohe. Would love to learn how to drive HD properly when teh chance arrises and will keep an eye out here for any events the work with my dates in NZ.

As an aside (and inspired by lots of footage I have received from my own car from Targa Tour participants) I made the dive today and bought the latest GoPro Hero 3 black edition with LCD Touch bak and the Rennline billet allloy mount which works with their front tow hook I use. The price and availability in the states made it too hard to refuse. Ran some tests today hooked up to our Mustang GT 5.0 Shaker hire car (I know - dont say it - Leary and lardy - t was a Hertz upgrade!) and the quality if phenomenal). It does 1080 60fps + 1448 48 pps and then Protune setting for cinimea quality (but very large files sizes). Frankly the 1080 HD is pretty impressive but the Protune and 1448 just crazy especially when you put them on a retina display. Would be useful for making some good track footage. They come with a full Wifi Remote that can control the unit or you can download an app and watch and control the unit from your iphone in your car....
Old 12-02-2012 | 03:59 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Originally Posted by Macca
Hi Sean et. al.

Put me down of any and every event which coincides with me being in the country. Ive never driven HD although Ive tried Taupo A1 and Pukekohe. Would love to learn how to drive HD properly when teh chance arrises and will keep an eye out here for any events the work with my dates in NZ.
Will do mate! Can you text or email me the dates?
Old 12-02-2012 | 04:02 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

These are the only decent pics from the day Jason. Sun was too bright for the iPhone. Nice problem to have though!

Still love the Maritime Blue next to the Red. Awesome contrast.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?