Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 08:29 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
While I think of it, if anyone on the board is thinking of selling an air cooled p-car (heaven forbid) please let us know here first.
Ahhh no Dougie - the air cooled bug has bitten.

I may consider selling my C3 if anyone is interested. I haven't emotionally got my head around it so in no hurry, in favor of buying something with a cage already, whether it be a 944 or 3.2 Carrera kicking around.

I dunno - maybe I just cage the C3 and try to get it below 1,050kg??
Old 12-08-2013, 08:42 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
While I think of it, if anyone on the board is thinking of selling an air cooled p-car (heaven forbid) please let us know here first.
I am - like Paul not sufficiently emotionally committed to selling to be bothered listing on TM. But first viewing from a potential buyer is on Wed... Don't know what I'll do if he wants it!!
Old 12-08-2013, 09:16 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Doug, get in quick and you might be able to run at the Festival of Speed in the Classic Trial section. I will be there. Biggest crowd I will likely ever drive in front of.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:03 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Originally Posted by ChrisB_NZ
The Christchurch car and Steve's gulf 964 were both Bridgestone Porsche race series cars, ex Alistair Taylor and Jeff Lowrey. Steve did a good job of getting them both looking and running well, definitely both 1:14 cars at Hampton Downs in the right hands.

Having said that, not quite what I'm looking for. Too track focused and not road registered, nice car though .
Yeah I've definitely seen Steve do a 14 in his car but for some reason thought it was lighter and had more power from headers etc than the yellow car. It's definitely a good little car though.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:17 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

More promo

Hi Guys and Ladies,

The NZ Festival of Motor Sport is the big meeting of the year. You get on the track 6 times and driving before a huge crowd of spectators is a great thrill.

This meeting is a good chance to show case Classic Trials the the motoring public and is a good venue to attract new members to the Register.

You also receive 4 entry tickets for the 3 days and these alone would cost $400. You can invite family and friends out on different days.

The entry fee is $350 for Classic Trials and is very reasonable for what you get. Jim Barclay set out the message below:

Could you please send out a message to all your guys and ask them to &lsquo;please put their entry in right away&rsquo;. If some are worried about pre Xmas cash flow, I suggest they put in their entry now and tick the &lsquo;pay-by-cheque&rsquo; option on the entry website www.motorsportentry.com<blocked::http://www.motorsportentry.com/> That way, at least I know who is coming and can put them in the official programme (that goes to print in early January when everyone is still away on their Christmas/New Year holidays).
I also need to know if any want a space in the garages (if available) so I can plan allocation thereof.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:34 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
More promo

Hi Guys and Ladies,

The NZ Festival of Motor Sport is the big meeting of the year. You get on the track 6 times and driving before a huge crowd of spectators is a great thrill.

This meeting is a good chance to show case Classic Trials the the motoring public and is a good venue to attract new members to the Register.

You also receive 4 entry tickets for the 3 days and these alone would cost $400. You can invite family and friends out on different days.

The entry fee is $350 for Classic Trials and is very reasonable for what you get. Jim Barclay set out the message below:

Could you please send out a message to all your guys and ask them to &lsquo;please put their entry in right away&rsquo;. If some are worried about pre Xmas cash flow, I suggest they put in their entry now and tick the &lsquo;pay-by-cheque&rsquo; option on the entry website www.motorsportentry.com<blocked::http://www.motorsportentry.com/> That way, at least I know who is coming and can put them in the official programme (that goes to print in early January when everyone is still away on their Christmas/New Year holidays).
I also need to know if any want a space in the garages (if available) so I can plan allocation thereof.
I'm all signed up.........
Old 12-08-2013, 10:41 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Good. Now that they're running in order of Nominated time we can run riot up the front. Need to get a sense of how to do 1:28 consistently (I was black flagged twice at the last session).

Also understand Chris B and Yoda are running in the pre 85 class.

Last edited by John McM; 12-08-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:57 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
Yeah I've definitely seen Steve do a 14 in his car but for some reason thought it was lighter and had more power from headers etc than the yellow car. It's definitely a good little car though.
These were both capable A class Bridgestone cars and while I don't think the Christchurch one has ever raced at HD, the comparable A class cars like Steves were doing 1:14's before Steve got hold of them. Steves may even be quicker than that now.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:00 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Good. Now that they're running in order of Nominated time we can run riot up the front. Need to get a sense of how to do 1:28 consistently (I was black flagged twice at the last session).

Also understand Chris B and Yoda are running in the pre 85 class.
I'm running in the pre-85 class both weekends and Steve is running 2 cars both weekends, entered in pre 78 sports and historic saloons
Old 12-08-2013, 11:03 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Jake, love my Hankook Z221 but know next to nothing about their road compounds. There was a semi narky posting on the 996 Turbo board about the V12 being a poor choice for spirited driving. I use N rated Michelins on my turbo and love them. Not that much more to bring those in from the US or UK. You'll be more comfortable on the track if you know what's holding you to the track. Very progressive tyre.
The difficulty is finding a set. TireRack seems to be out until next year, and I'd be keen on a new set before my car goes in for a WOF at the beginning of Jan (which it would fail currently due to rear tyre depth). The alternative is to find a set of RE050A rears and continue until they're all ready to go (fronts will last a few 1000km more).

Just looked through the V12 posts on the 996 forum; the passion vs maturity balance seems a little off. Some helpful info in there though
Old 12-08-2013, 11:04 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChrisB_NZ
These were both capable A class Bridgestone cars and while I don't think the Christchurch one has ever raced at HD, the comparable A class cars like Steves were doing 1:14's before Steve got hold of them. Steves may even be quicker than that now.
1:15.31 with me as a 100kg dead weight so looks very plausible.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:04 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

For Prestegio, how did you guys demonstrate driver training experience?? PCNZ don't give certificates??
Old 12-08-2013, 11:08 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
The difficulty is finding a set. TireRack seems to be out until next year, and I'd be keen on a new set before my car goes in for a WOF at the beginning of Jan (which it would fail currently due to rear tyre depth). The alternative is to find a set of RE050A rears and continue until they're all ready to go (fronts will last a few 1000km more). Just looked through the V12 posts on the 996 forum; the passion vs maturity balance seems a little off. Some helpful info in there though
What's out of stock? I have a complete second set of N rated Michelins which I may or may not fit. Standard sizes.

I did that as I got caught out in the past with the front/rear wear differential and my car in storage for so long they no longer made the tyre pattern.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:10 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
I am - like Paul not sufficiently emotionally committed to selling to be bothered listing on TM. But first viewing from a potential buyer is on Wed... Don't know what I'll do if he wants it!!
Hummm........ shinny red Cayman.........

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...alloys/1894421

I know you prefer red, but this green one would be a crowd stopper??

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...istory/1800656
Old 12-08-2013, 11:36 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

What's out of stock? I have a complete second set of N rated Michelins which I may or may not fit. Standard sizes.

I did that as I got caught out in the past with the front/rear wear differential and my car in storage for so long they no longer made the tyre pattern.
After a set of MPSS: 235/35/19 - 305/30/19. Rears are out of stock until January.

What sort of shelf life do they have, assuming they're kept warm, dry and well fed?..

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I know you prefer red, but this green one would be a crowd stopper??

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...istory/1800656
Green looks great! Definitely not everyone's cup of tea but it is definitely a head turner regardless.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?