Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 01:07 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Haven't heard yet, must enquire. Order date was 5 June. Looking forward to installing it for sure. I went for the doctor on this and got the X cross brace and harness guide bar.
Working on my RS door cards tonight.
Black Suede, ( bottled out on some cool but questionable fabrics)
Blue Dog lead,
Factory opening strap bezels,
New speakers,
Fresh screws
My version of pull handle
Sheet of high impact polystyrene

Original door panels on immediate standby in case of disaster
Dave. Im really looking forward to seeing your handy craft. This is a great idea to individualize the car. I really want to see some bamboo wood going on in there somewhere too!
Old 08-02-2013, 01:08 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
I think Pete is up with this. The general rule/protocol on the track is "you break it you fix it". Goes for the armco and tamac too.
Correct. Would have to be a really reckless event before you would try and invoke any liability issue with the other driver. That's why the spoken and unspoken protocol is important - risk management.

Interested re the sprints though - may have to ask Paul......
Old 08-02-2013, 01:11 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
Haven't heard yet, must enquire. Order date was 5 June. Looking forward to installing it for sure. I went for the doctor on this and got the X cross brace and harness guide bar.
Working on my RS door cards tonight.
Black Suede, ( bottled out on some cool but questionable fabrics)
Blue Dog lead,
Factory opening strap bezels,
New speakers,
Fresh screws
My version of pull handle
Sheet of high impact polystyrene

Original door panels on immediate standby in case of disaster
Uh oh - do we take it that bamboo is back on the agenda as a questionable fabric?

Seriously, sounds great.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:18 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Did they say how long ago is acceptable? I did it but more than 5 years ago.
Hi Pete. They didn't ask. So I didn't tell them it was 13 years ago! I have the email trail incase....

Bent sprints definitely not covered by insurance. I had a mate on here that put a 993T into the Armaco at a PCNZ Bent sprints in Taupo some years ago and as he will attest after exhausting every insurance avenue a Bent Sprint is a timed event. Any timed event is an immediate fail with Prestigio (and many others).

Prestigio have paid out on two Track/Targa claims from people I know so Im confident as long as you follow their rules you will be fine even if you are driving a $300,000 GT3.

A few things I learnt about being insured with them that will change my behavior moving forward and that is

1). you cannot let your mate drive your car and expect to be insured (the policy is for named driver only)
2). you must participate in the RSG/Porsche/Prestige group - if you go for a spin in an open group and have an incident you aren't covered
3). If you have timing gear on the dash and its showing your lap times at the time of the accident then fail You need a unit with a remote antennae connection or that isn't visible by the driver to comply.

The only real shame is 1). above as from time to time like others here I want someone else to drive my car check set up, show me lines etc. I guess that can happen but both occupants need to know there is no coverage...
Old 08-02-2013, 01:18 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

email Victoria the Prestigio underwriter. victoria.white@sual.co.nz - Im sure she will help....
I rang Prestigio direct initially but all their business is done via broker channel. Give Mark Mallard a call (Luxor Insurance Brokers) [mark@luxor.co.nz]. He's been excellent to deal with.

Ph 09 215 9062
M 021 382 562
Fax 09 5746732
Old 08-02-2013, 01:24 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Uh oh - do we take it that bamboo is back on the agenda as a questionable fabric?

Seriously, sounds great.
Well, there were some really cool basket weave type fabrics and other tasties but in the end I thought that to seriously sell it one day I'd have to change them, and I don't fancy that now that I have seen whats ahead in terms of making them. Chickened out. But all's not lost, a can of Camo Tan plastidip turned up in the mail to do the other side's D90's prior to committing to a proper paint job just to check its the look I want. Got some clear glossifier too and I'll go over the grey ones with this to decide on a gloss or matt finish. Macca furnished me with a set of 17" Cup 2's so at least there is a degree of coolness now for the road wheel set, the only downside is that they are in much to good condition to paint so these will remain silver, with perhaps the odd whiff of plastidip occasionally.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:25 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

I rang Prestigio direct initially but all their business is done via broker channel. Give Mark Mallard a call (Luxor Insurance Brokers) [mark@luxor.co.nz]. He's been excellent to deal with.

Ph 09 215 9062
M 021 382 562
Fax 09 5746732
Thanks
Old 08-02-2013, 04:03 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hey David. Did you get the wheels today? Are they as you expected. Hope so. I seriously haven't seen them for years....
Old 08-02-2013, 04:04 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

John I was the same up until today. Ive run uninsured for everything to date. But this policy cost me $50 a year less than my Classic Cover (Vero) one. So its free cover as far as Im concerned. You should get a quote, you might be surprised....its not a value proposition

I think Pete is up with this. The general rule/protocol on the track is "you break it you fix it". Goes for the armco and tamac too.
Hey mate. All my stuff is insured with State but the 993 is with Classic Cover. I've never looked at track insurance but the other day I was on Classic Cover website and saw they covered:

ROAD, RACE, RALLY COVER
DEDICATED COMPETITION VEHICLE COVER
KART COVER

Given you were with them and have changed I'm assuming they don't cover trackdays?

http://www.classiccover.co.nz/types-...-car-insurance
Old 08-02-2013, 04:29 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
Hey mate. All my stuff is insured with State but the 993 is with Classic Cover. I've never looked at track insurance but the other day I was on Classic Cover website and saw they covered:

ROAD, RACE, RALLY COVER
DEDICATED COMPETITION VEHICLE COVER
KART COVER

Given you were with them and have changed I'm assuming they don't cover trackdays?

http://www.classiccover.co.nz/types-...-car-insurance
Hi Jamie. No they don't. Only DE events. They wont cover Targa either. I went through it all with them last year. Steve Rassmusen has 14 cars insured with them but none while on the track. To the best of my knowledge Prestigio are the only company that will cover track (conditions apply etc) under there standard policy. A competition policy can be acquired via an underwriter but will be very expensive as Sean found out....
Old 08-02-2013, 04:45 AM
mjg
Pro

Very happy with Dean and the guys at CCS. Getting quite a bit more of the "Cup car" experience (audibly, at least) with the semi-solid engine and transmission mounts. Louder than I expected, but bearable.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:12 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Paul. No issues here.

Our Sunday return is a long haul. I think maybe 6 hours driving. Was thinking we should plan a route via google maps. Surely someone in the group knows some awesome back roads where we can cover ground rapidly without detection....?
Vinegar hill of course coming back from manfield, and the old Taupo road that goes in at the Tokoroa Mill and finishes up just south of Cambridge, missing Tirau, Tokoroa and Putaruru (if you go that way) otherwise nice roads Taumarunui to Tekuiti.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:18 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mjg
I'm *really* tempted, but I've got a Taupo track day on the 9th and the RSG track day at HD on the 11th...
What's happening at Taupo on the 9th???
Old 08-02-2013, 05:25 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Vinegar hill of course coming back from manfield, and the old Taupo road that goes in at the Tokoroa Mill and finishes up just south of Cambridge, missing Tirau, Tokoroa and Putaruru (if you go that way) otherwise nice roads Taumarunui to Tekuiti.
Thanks Matt.

Could someone make a note of this for our return leg? I know some of that route and it sounds spot on.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:27 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Also reminder for anyone doing NITT that hasn't paid their second round fees - please pay up by Monday as we have to pay Ray and Playday etc very shortly...

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?