Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 12:09 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Buba you edited the entire contents of your email as I was responding to it. You have a habit of going back and changing your posts. Dont worry we have thick skins here :-)
Old 01-31-2016, 12:25 AM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_chch
Hi Pel, I still have the SC, but haven't been too serious about selling it so haven't actively pushed it as I haven't been able to find anything I'd rather haveÂ….. I think thats about to change though, so if anyone has $40k burning a hole in their pockets, let me know

Chris, is it another Porsche or different direction?
Old 01-31-2016, 12:51 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Buba you edited the entire contents of your email as I was responding to it. You have a habit of going back and changing your posts. Dont worry we have thick skins here :-)
Wasn't the whole contents?

I tweaked it because I remember it's not you and I PM'ing each other, giving one another a bit of sh*t, and there are thousands of lurkers, so I have to soften it.........

Hugs
Buba.

p.s - it would be good if a few more cars in the 1.16 bracket so you have some mates to play with. I couldn't hack it, so had to move on........

Good to see Pasty on form now - GT3 train is now 4, and will be interesting to see if she finds another 0.5-1.0 over the next few track days.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:02 AM
esonefour
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marks in the 1:17s and with a Targa developed car. I'd be happy to get out of the car park, demo laps didn't quite cut it
Old 01-31-2016, 01:22 AM
shiraz
Racer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

someone mentioned Deliverance a few posts back, the above link makes a really good ringtone on ya fone when visiting a town of limited genetic resources
Old 01-31-2016, 02:06 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Thanks Graeme, I'll make contact. If he doesn't have one, he may still know of one elsewhere. Suspect they're fine but but at 120,000 NZ kms I wouldn't mind confirming.
if he doesn't know me by name then mention Macbilt cos that's where the package normally arrives from
Old 01-31-2016, 02:14 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hey Buba. No worries. Everyone is entitled to their point of view here. I think we just went a bit sideways n what folk moving to the 997 platform with a few mild track upgrades and some seat time can achieve with those cars. I think they are the sweet spot in the use market right now my self. Cars that are still young enough to be reliable and practical DD even with young family , whilst being well designed for NZ roads and aesthetically attractive inside and out. Good news is they are plentiful, available in manual and cheaper than than 964 & 993s. I always stop at a track day and tell Chris how great his car looks. Very understated with lots of small personalised touches. Capable of a high 14 with a small investment/mild track mods- what's not to like. Steve obviously recognises they have something as he has two.

Shannon. Too right about the car park - risks seem lower on the track aye! And yes Marks car would be great to play with out there. 17s are where I would sit if mechanical sympathy is to make a play and I think there are a few cars heading into that band with Pel and the 964 guys constant,y improving and lifting their game.

Last edited by Macca; 01-31-2016 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:17 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shiraz
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8 someone mentioned Deliverance a few posts back, the above link makes a really good ringtone on ya fone when visiting a town of limited genetic resources

Hot damn. I haven't watched that clip for 20 years!! Reynolds is like mid 20s there. It's a brilliant piece of cinematography - probably the lightest scene in what otherwise is a very dark movie...please stay away from the banjos in Kaikora Dave....
Old 01-31-2016, 02:27 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shiraz
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

someone mentioned Deliverance a few posts back, the above link makes a really good ringtone on ya fone when visiting a town of limited genetic resources
Any comment Michael...?

Thanks for not posting the squeal like a pig clip!! (Macca and Bubba may have got excited)
Old 01-31-2016, 02:28 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Agree on the 997's being at a sweet spot between useable road car and track day weapon. I've been really enjoying driving with Chris M - but am lucky in having the Turbo as without it I suspect I wouldn't be able to keep up. Am a little gutted to see Mark P's 997 Turbo up for sale (although seems to have disappeared, so possibly sold?) as it reduces the field a bit, but hopefully a few more make their way into the RSG crew.

The MPSC2's found me a second on their first outing on the 11th, and I'm sure with a bit of improvement in my driving I'll be able to get below the few 1:15.8's I managed. It does put me in a bit of limbo between Chris and the GT3's, but happy to dial it back and focus on improving my skills, especially those associated with assessment of brake pad life...

Upgraded to RSL1 Pagid this week - disappointed to find the pads are too thick to install damping plates, so apologies in advance for the offensive noise my car will make on the SITT!
Old 01-31-2016, 02:32 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by esonefour
Marks in the 1:17s and with a Targa developed car. I'd be happy to get out of the car park, demo laps didn't quite cut it
You thinking of coming out to play Shannon?
Old 01-31-2016, 02:51 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
Agree on the 997's being at a sweet spot between useable road car and track day weapon. I've been really enjoying driving with Chris M - but am lucky in having the Turbo as without it I suspect I wouldn't be able to keep up. Am a little gutted to see Mark P's 997 Turbo up for sale (although seems to have disappeared, so possibly sold?) as it reduces the field a bit, but hopefully a few more make their way into the RSG crew. The MPSC2's found me a second on their first outing on the 11th, and I'm sure with a bit of improvement in my driving I'll be able to get below the few 1:15.8's I managed. It does put me in a bit of limbo between Chris and the GT3's, but happy to dial it back and focus on improving my skills, especially those associated with assessment of brake pad life... Upgraded to RSL1 Pagid this week - disappointed to find the pads are too thick to install damping plates, so apologies in advance for the offensive noise my car will make on the SITT!
There are always compromises in motorsports Jake lol!

Once Chris gets 221 on the car I'm sure he will lead you to 15. In the meantime enjoy the journey.

Pete. Did you say squeal or snore like a pig boy? Because Buba snores but I never heard him squeal ;-p
Old 01-31-2016, 03:07 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca

Pete. Did you say squeal or snore like a pig boy? Because Buba snores but I never heard him squeal ;-p
Not listening, not listening, not listening!!
Old 01-31-2016, 03:47 AM
shiraz
Racer

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Any comment Michael...?

Thanks for not posting the squeal like a pig clip!! (Macca and Bubba may have got excited)
I did think about it. lol.
Am going to Germany June/July. Ringtone here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZZ504TGDpE
Old 01-31-2016, 07:32 AM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Received 117 Likes on 81 Posts

this would make a good garage clock
http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=1025037623

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?