Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 06:01 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right-o, that's all good. Should be easier in future.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:30 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been out of touch for a while but boy this thread has got popular in recent months. Mr Black is now due out next week so I can swap him out for Mr Blue and see what up with the new clutch.
John McM - missed the banner order, any spares left??
Old 06-11-2013, 06:42 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
I've been out of touch for a while but boy this thread has got popular in recent months. Mr Black is now due out next week so I can swap him out for Mr Blue and see what up with the new clutch.
Jason,

I think I've got spares of each of the main combos. Which one are you interested in?
Old 06-11-2013, 07:11 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Car is still sitting on the lawn ready for the big wash up tomorrow - still raining on the way back to Taupo today and heaps of (new) roadworks!
Hmmm, yes, good point, I still need to clean off the evidence of my gardening... probably won't happen until the weekend, damn winter!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:48 AM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Great day on Sunday, a lot of fun.

Matt, interested in your times as we were close (I was in the 996 Turbo), although you got a bit quicker than me by the end of the day!

Sean - still using the endless pads in my 944S2 (the orange one) and they are brilliant.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:34 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisB_NZ
Great day on Sunday, a lot of fun.

Matt, interested in your times as we were close (I was in the 996 Turbo), although you got a bit quicker than me by the end of the day!

Sean - still using the endless pads in my 944S2 (the orange one) and they are brilliant.
I was dipping under 1min20 for a few laps but looking at the GPS data I was braking way too early on a few turns and still being a ***** over the home straight! Damn good fun though eh what? Bit of vibration in the back somewhere. I hit a ripple strip at taupo and lost a weight I think.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:37 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mjg
Good to see some of you again, despite the morning weather it was a great day. The car's feeling a bit nicer after being sorted out by Peter Alder. I suspect I need to experiment with tyre pressures and driving more aggressively as the fronts weren't getting much heat in them. What sort of times did you record, Matt?

I've just gone ahead and ordered a set of track wheels and some Performance Friction pads (06s for the fronts and 01s for the rears) from Design911.
What about the 08 pads they seem to be as good as sliced bread by all accounts and better than 01s for all round use. I think they're replacing 06s.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:36 PM
mjg
Pro

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
What about the 08 pads they seem to be as good as sliced bread by all accounts and better than 01s for all round use. I think they're replacing 06s.
Yeah, they sound great and if I was matching pads across axles I think I would've gone for them. Since I'm mixing compounds to tweak the bias, I didn't want too extreme a difference and it sounds like 06s have slightly more bite than 08s. The 06/01 combo is fairly well tested on 6GT3s, so there's plenty of feedback around to base the purchase on.

I wanted to go for Endless ME20s but there didn't seem to be as much feedback around, the shipping from Vivid to NZ was insane ($350 US for a set of front and rear pads!), and Design911 (who the wheels are coming from) don't stock Endless.

Reviewing my GoPro footage, it looks like I was doing high 1:19s later in the day when the track was drier... unfortunately I had my GoPro in the wrong mode most of the time and only successfully recorded two sessions. Slightly regret not running the datalogger now!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Originally Posted by mjg
Yeah, they sound great and if I was matching pads across axles I think I would've gone for them. Since I'm mixing compounds to tweak the bias, I didn't want too extreme a difference and it sounds like 06s have slightly more bite than 08s. The 06/01 combo is fairly well tested on 6GT3s, so there's plenty of feedback around to base the purchase on.

I wanted to go for Endless ME20s but there didn't seem to be as much feedback around, the shipping from Vivid to NZ was insane ($350 US for a set of front and rear pads!), and Design911 (who the wheels are coming from) don't stock Endless.

Reviewing my GoPro footage, it looks like I was doing high 1:19s later in the day when the track was drier... unfortunately I had my GoPro in the wrong mode most of the time and only successfully recorded two sessions. Slightly regret not running the datalogger now!
Hey mate, Endless pads are pretty new to the Porsche scene in NZ (I think I was the first to put them on!). A buddy of mine bought ProSport Auto who has the distribution rights in NZ and I switched out from Pagids to Endless. I used to run them on my JDM cars so had no issues with the switch.

Since then I've been shamelessly promoting them to anyone who will listen. If you tell Mike from Prosport that I sent you to him he will price match for you I'm sure.

Chris- glad they are working out mate. When are we getting together in Shanghai? I'm back in NZ from Aug 2-11 but can meet you up there any time other than that.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:51 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

On the home straight. Maybe a week with shakedown etc.
Attached Images  
Old 06-12-2013, 06:43 PM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
you get that boat, Jason/
Old 06-12-2013, 07:26 PM
mjg
Pro

Anyone heading to the 30th June or 20th July Playdays at Hampton Downs?
Old 06-12-2013, 07:36 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjg
Anyone heading to the 30th June or 20th July Playdays at Hampton Downs?
I thought the next one was September. Definitely intetested in 20th July. I am on the PCNZ drivers Ed day on 29th June and it will be a shakedown run so not likely to want a second day out that weekend.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:51 PM
mjg
Pro

They're both regular Playdays, no RSG group. There's no Prestige for the 30th, but there is for the 20th. Current plan is to go to both, I've booked the 30th already.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:20 PM
mjg
Pro

Just ordered an RSS rear toe steer kit and lockout plates. It should save me money in the long run avoiding spurious alignments due to slipping eccentric bolts. And it's time to keep my hands away from my wallet for a while, hopefully.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?