Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 05:38 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
First race of the new 2KCup season for Team RSG. My biggest battle was with Neil in RSG2!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x395bgx_rsg1-62-2kcup-s3-rnd1-gp2-r1-26-9-2015_aut
Great driving guys! Some shocking lines and ideas out there by other drivers.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:39 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CS Mende
For you Facebook Luddites - guess who.
Thanks Chris - that beast of Mark's sure is sexy!
Old 10-10-2015, 08:08 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 339 Posts

A big day. Shopping at Supercheap for an engine crane and stand. (How something that weighs 95kg can be made, shipped and sold for $250 is beyond me) Garage reveal at Mark H's place and a visit to John's workshop to see Progress with Herman. Followed by a planning meeting for Europe 2016. Based on the itinerary there won't be any money for air con

Herman's had the door fixed, two small rust patches sorted on the sill and goes to paint next week. No rust in the window surrounds and John will refit the windows with some Tectyl protecting the vulnerable parts John will hang the doors and refit Windows, then it's up to me. Lots of little jobs to sort. The engine tin will be media blasted and powder coated, the engine support will be reinforced, I will replace the alternator fan (have to use my Krikit tension gauge and generally tidy up. I may accentuate the intake runners with powder coating, but am going for a tidy not bling engine bay. Carpet replacement might be increased to use the amount I bought. I have cracks in the Techart splitter to repair (may go Carbon Fibre lay up over the front edge) and am looking at a new stereo, something understated with Bluetooth capability.
Attached Images         

Last edited by John McM; 10-10-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:18 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Great driving guys! Some shocking lines and ideas out there by other drivers.
Good work Walter. I love watching the Vtec power up the main straight.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

A day in front of the Telly watching Bathurst. Is it just me or does the Car of the future platform negate all the new tech that AMG, Volvo and Nissan could have brought to the series? Sillouette racers only? I guess you can't have the foreign stuff burning off the locals or there could be riots like when the "pack of arseholes" pissed off Jimmy Richards.
Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2015, 05:20 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very thorough John. Herman is going to be fantastic when this is all done and dusted.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:24 PM
O2GO
Drifting

I use my iPad mainly for accessing rennlist with the IB Autogroup app.

Just recently I upgraded to IOS9 and (I think this happened around the same time) the app now freezes after every post with the the Loading... Message. The app needs to then be shut down and restarted. The post was successful.

Anyone else using this app on iPad and have the same problem, or have no problem? Or do you use another iPad designed app.

Please don't suggest I use the website. I can't stand it.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:28 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Testing the old iPad app "Rennlist Forums" posting...
Old 10-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Doug I have 9.0.2 (initial 9.0 was buggy and they immediately released two patches). No problems with iPad but having problems with PC. Seems the PC version now wants to submit your post twice and hangs you in a screen. I like reading the forum on iPad but I type 40 a minute on a real keyboard and really struggle on this iPad touch keyboard....
Old 10-10-2015, 05:48 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

Upgraded to an iPhone 6s recently and as a result have been using my now ageing iPad even less. Using the iPhone IB Garage Talk app on both and it works ok. Find it takes forever to load attachments, and crashes after editing posts, but it's usable.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah the length of time it takes to load picturs on the phone and iPad is quite painful.

I see some useful scope creep here John. You may as well spend a little extra while you are in in there. The intake manifold is a nice idea. If its plastic then you will need to prep the surface well. I paid $600 to have mine done including prep work, primer and two top coats but it really does set the engine off beautifully. You have a wonderful new alternator fan. You should think about getting the fan surround HPC (ceramic) coated. The housing gets very hot. This will set the fan off and with the intake plenum painted and the new sound pad and all the internals wires and pipes cleaned the engine will look spic!
Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2015, 06:16 PM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
Upgraded to an iPhone 6s recently and as a result have been using my now ageing iPad even less. Using the iPhone IB Garage Talk app on both and it works ok. Find it takes forever to load attachments, and crashes after editing posts, but it's usable.
+1 it's passable.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:15 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
A day in front of the Telly watching Bathurst. Is it just me or does the Car of the future platform negate all the new tech that AMG, Volvo and Nissan could have brought to the series? Sillouette racers only? I guess you can't have the foreign stuff burning off the locals or there could be riots like when the "pack of arseholes" pissed off Jimmy Richards.
Same here - Bathurst on the big screen all day. Compulsory viewing - best sporting weekend of the year with a couple of cracking RWC games to boot.

COTF is less of an issue at Bathurst - so much else can happen with multiple stops, safety cars, driver changes and the rest. Bit of rain for the Gis would be interesting but looks clear and dry. His shoutout lap was amazing given how wet it got relative to the first runners.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:56 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Doug I have 9.0.2 (initial 9.0 was buggy and they immediately released two patches). No problems with iPad but having problems with PC. Seems the PC version now wants to submit your post twice and hangs you in a screen. I like reading the forum on iPad but I type 40 a minute on a real keyboard and really struggle on this iPad touch keyboard....
Confused. You must be using a different app?

"IB Autogroup" on the AppStore is v 1.6.2 which is what I'm using. What iPad app are you using that is v 9.0.2 and where are you getting the version number from.

As I'm in the Internet industry I'll say again, these apps and the website are effectively mid-2000's rubbish. Why I'm refusing to renew my paid subscription.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:57 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Yeah the length of time it takes to load picturs on the phone and iPad is quite painful. I see some useful scope creep here John. You may as well spend a little extra while you are in in there. The intake manifold is a nice idea. If its plastic then you will need to prep the surface well. I paid $600 to have mine done including prep work, primer and two top coats but it really does set the engine off beautifully. You have a wonderful new alternator fan. You should think about getting the fan surround HPC (ceramic) coated. The housing gets very hot. This will set the fan off and with the intake plenum painted and the new sound pad and all the internals wires and pipes cleaned the engine will look spic!
Now that is looking nice. Was really happy when I got Lola back from EP with the engine cleaned and looking very nice.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?